Marquis Goodwin has blood clots in his lungs and legs

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ok hockey-guy

I've NEVER heard of this kinda stuff happening. I'm 50 years old and have watched football/sports for most of them. I just happen to look at things different than you. So enjoy your totally effective and more importantly safe (and profitable) jab.

Don't tell me how to think. I'll do the same for you.
No, stuff like this absolutely happened, it just didn't register to you before you started looking for every case like this with a burning confirmation bias. Chris Bosh, Serena Williams, Steven Stamkos, and many many others have had blood clot complications WELL before the COVID vaccine, or COVID-19 for that matter, even existed.

This is a topic about a former Seahawks ailment, not unsubstantiated claims about a vaccine.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Cleaning up the thread of everything not related to the Topic of it. This isn’t about vaccines and surely not the thread or section to discuss them. As Maelstrom has said this is about a former Seahawks with an ailment.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Its statistically more likely this is sickle cell or any number of blood or circulatory disorders. In any case, prayers up for his getting better, of some miracle recovery like Foster Moreau. Foster was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma at his Saints signing and Made it back for otas. Miracles do happen and I hope the same for Marquise.

sc85sis

Reaction score
There are a number of things that can cause blood clots, including family history/genetic disorders, some autoimmune diseases, cancer, injury, and more. Instead of jumping to conclusions—especially conspiracy-minded ones—our time is probably better served hoping for the best for Marquise.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I suffered blood clots to the lung, collapsing a lung. Three months prior I had some loose chunks of cartilage removed from my knee. Jerome Kersey of the Blazers had the same procedure done with worse results following. He died of a blood clot to the heart. This was about 10 years ago or more. I was told that knee surgery will result in the formation of blood clots because patients often feel better immediately and don't allow the wound to fully heal.
What are the odds that Goodwin has a scope of a knee, such a routine procedure in today's NFL?

olyfan63

Reaction score
No, stuff like this absolutely happened, it just didn't register to you before you started looking for every case like this with a burning confirmation bias. Chris Bosh, Serena Williams, Steven Stamkos, and many many others have had blood clot complications WELL before the COVID vaccine, or COVID-19 for that matter, even existed.

This is a topic about a former Seahawks ailment, not unsubstantiated claims about a vaccine.
The only possible cause even remotely substantiated here is Goodwin's sickle cell diagnosis. What's comical is the enthusiastic political bias to jump through hoops that "it couldn't be" that thing which-must-not-be-named. (equaled only by the opposing bias :censored:) Speculating about all other random causes but that one is "allowed". Happily, Goodwin is *alive* for the clots to be treated, which suggests that the-cause-which-must-not-be-named is perhaps less likely among the potential causes, sickle cell, post-surgery clotting, etc.

In any case, addressed to the medical minded and those experienced with similar conditions, what are the most likely treatments and prognosis? Inquiring Fantasy owner minds want to know? Not to mention people those who have met or been influenced by Marquise (including through his Olympics-good long jumping prowess, not just football) and otherwise have special cause to care about him as a human being.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score

Yeah, if you follow other sports this has been an ongoing issue for quite awhile.
Here's an article from 2015 & this is from just the hockey world so you know it's happening in all other sports too:

Maybe it just gets reported as a "lower body injury" in football instead of what it really is, a medical condition which can be caused by a multitude of things.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This sheds a light on why the Seahawks weren't keen on resigning him. As for Marquise, I hope he's able to recover from this and lead a normal life (health wise). That's what is important.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Cleaning up the thread of everything not related to the Topic of it. This isn’t about vaccines and surely not the thread or section to discuss them. As Maelstrom has said this is about a former Seahawks with an ailment.
Then you proceed to leave everyone else's theory's and zap mine.

Fair enough .

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Cleaning up or covering up?

Boohman14

Reaction score
Going forward Goodwin will most likely be put on blood thinners like eliquis. One the clots clear up they need to be monitored but I suspect he could resume his NFL career once his clotting has cleared. It does take time though, so I would suspect mid to late season.