Rams hire Sean Desai

RedAlice

Reaction score
Looks like a good hire for the Rams based on what his role will be.

(Jourdan is the Rams staff writer at the Athletic)

IMG 7475

CactusJack

Reaction score

View attachment 65243
I'm not sure who they hired to replace Morris as the DC, but as long as Desai isn't calling plays, it should be fine. That whole Fangio Cover 2 shell scheme is past its expiration date for the most part.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

View attachment 65243

As a Seahawks fan, I am finding a lot to like about this. If Desai can wreck the Rams' offense the way he's wrecked everything else he's touched in the last few years, it will be very good for the Seahawks.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm not sure who they hired to replace Morris as the DC, but as long as Desai isn't calling plays, it should be fine. That whole Fangio Cover 2 shell scheme is past its expiration date for the most part.

Chris Shula is the new DC.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think about Desai similarly to the way I think about Waldron in that they're best served being sequestered to roles where their only job is to sit back, look at the film, look at the data, and identify patterns and how said patterns can be attacked with certain setups. Working on implementing play design as well from that standpoint. Keep them in the lab, keep them on the whiteboards.

They're both really, really smart dudes. I just wouldn't want them calling plays for my squad.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Honestly, if it were up to me I wouldn’t mind adding Steve Wilks to a similar role, any intel he could give on the 49ers would have its value for MacDonald. But also importantly Wilks also faced the Seahawks (and their offense) 3 times in the last two years beating them all 3 times. Twice at Lumen. He might not help out in terms of telling them what they should be doing but perhaps help out in terms of what they shouldn’t be doing. So I think Wilks could be solid for such a role if he was up to it and MacDonald also seems to like defensive minds with DB backgrounds. Plus, it doesn’t hurt to have another guy that’s been a HC and more guys with the other being Frazier that you roll the dice on possibly getting a HC promotion and get compensation back for.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Honestly, if it were up to me I wouldn’t mind adding Steve Wilks to a similar role, any intel he could give on the 49ers would have its value for MacDonald. But also importantly Wilks also faced the Seahawks (and their offense) 3 times in the last two years beating them all 3 times. Twice at Lumen. He might not help out in terms of telling them what they should be doing but perhaps help out in terms of what they shouldn’t be doing. So I think Wilks could be solid for such a role if he was up to it and MacDonald also seems to like defensive minds with DB backgrounds. Plus, it doesn’t hurt to have another guy that’s been a HC and more guys with the other being Frazier that you roll the dice on possibly getting a HC promotion and get compensation back for.
Then fire him after the 2nd Niner game