Marshawn’s take on Me3

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Kind of sad. Lynch is exactly the kind of dude I'd love to have in my corner for a lifetime. Russ has that opportunity because of the run they had as teammates. Only a selfish person wouldn't see an amazing opportunity like that.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The picture Lynch paints is of a guy who was never "one of the guys" He didn't hang out or associate with his teammates off the field. No wonder he wasn't well liked by teammates...

Aircrew

Reaction score
The picture Lynch paints is of a guy who was never "one of the guys" He didn't hang out or associate with his teammates off the field. No wonder he wasn't well liked by teammates...
That's what I took away from it, too. Russell is a fragile dude and that locker room was full of gritty Alphas. What's kind of odd though is how much he barricaded and isolated himself from the rest of the team.

rcaido

Reaction score
Is it though? According to Tate they were pretty good friends. Wilson is also been good friends w/ Turbin, Graham, & Locket. From what i got out of the interviews is that Lynch respects Russ as a QB but that was it. He would not ride n die with him because he separated himself from him outside of work.

This is really a non story and i find it odd some of the Seahawk players being Gossip Girls airing out dirty laundry for the world to see. Its pretty gross but then again i do like watching/hearing about it LOL. Still its a bitch move to go to social media talking about locker room stuff to the public.

keasley45

Reaction score
Is it though? According to Tate they were pretty good friends. Wilson is also been good friends w/ Turbin, Graham, & Locket. From what i got out of the interviews is that Lynch respects Russ as a QB but that was it. He would not ride n die with him because he separated himself from him outside of work.

This is really a non story and i find it odd some of the Seahawk players being Gossip Girls airing out dirty laundry for the world to see. Its pretty gross but then again i do like watching/hearing about it LOL. Still its a bitch move to go to social media talking about locker room stuff to the public.

Except that its not gossip. It is (was) the fly in the ointment.

Gossip and jealousy is NOT something a group like Lynch and the LOB needed or would fall to? Why?

At the time we were winning champioships, THEY were credited as the reason we were great, and Russ was seen as the game manager with a flair for the dramatic. They had no reason to be jealous or jilted. They were on the throne. They were the kings. It was the LOB and Lynch, then Russ. And they first took umbrage with a guy who didnt work as hard or carry the 'excellence' monaker. They then became resentful when the 'less than excellence' they saw coming from 3 was allowed to persist and protected from criticism. And then, rather than tear the whole thing down, they just left.

And they arent just coming out and blasting him. Its 8 - 10 years later. Nobody took credit for saying anything until recently. Thats not the sign of a 'bitch move', jealousy or anything of the like. They all could have come out and said that Russ was a douche years ago. they NEVER did. It wasnt until Russ pulled the 'B' move and slandered the coaches, players, and what they built and then lost , in part because of him, that they began to speak their truth.

Thats not slander. Thats calling a spade a spade. And they each STILL do it without blasting him straight on. They say enough that one can easily infer the rest. And they do it as respectfully as one can given how incredibly unfortunate the whole deal was.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score

You sure about that? Bc while Tate’s name was being dragged behind the wagon of a rumored affair, Tate asked Russ to speak out and clear the air publicly. But Russ for whatever reasons probably to keep his squeaky clean image never did it or didn’t care enough to do it . If you need a source this was said by Tate on KJ Wrights podcast sometime in the summer around PS or just before it.

It’s funny because one of the biggest things all you Wilsonites had was Lynch kind of saying nice things but now y’all don’t even have that anymore.

How long you bros going to stick up for that self-centered shady AF PoS cringeball?

rcaido

Reaction score
Except that its not gossip. It is (was) the fly in the ointment.

Gossip and jealousy is NOT something a group like Lynch and the LOB needed or would fall to? Why?

At the time we were winning champioships, THEY were credited as the reason we were great, and Russ was seen as the game manager with a flair for the dramatic. They had no reason to be jealous or jilted. They were on the throne. They were the kings. It was the LOB and Lynch, then Russ. And they first took umbrage with a guy who didnt work as hard or carry the 'excellence' monaker. They then became resentful when the 'less than excellence' they saw coming from 3 was allowed to persist and protected from criticism. And then, rather than tear the whole thing down, they just left.

And they arent just coming out and blasting him. Its 8 - 10 years later. Nobody took credit for saying anything until recently. Thats not the sign of a 'bitch move', jealousy or anything of the like. They all could have come out and said that Russ was a douche years ago. they NEVER did. It wasnt until Russ pulled the 'B' move and slandered the coaches, players, and what they built and then lost , in part because of him, that they began to speak their truth.

Thats not slander. Thats calling a spade a spade. And they each STILL do it without blasting him straight on. They say enough that one can easily infer the rest. And they do it as respectfully as one can given how incredibly unfortunate the whole deal was.
Its a non story. Why even bring up the "block number" just bunch of Gossip Girls wanting attention or promoting their business outlet. The first time Lynch got interviewed by Sherman i respected, this one was a bitch move or maybe just got caught in the moment.

You sure about that? Bc while Tate’s name was being dragged behind the wagon of a rumored affair, Tate asked Russ to speak out and clear the air publicly. But Russ for whatever reasons probably to keep his squeaky clean image never did it or didn’t care enough to do it . If you need a source this was said by Tate on KJ Wrights podcast sometime in the summer around PS or just before it.

It’s funny because one of the biggest things all you Wilsonites had was Lynch kind of saying nice things but now y’all don’t even have that anymore.

How long you bros going to stick up for that self-centered shady AF PoS cringeball?
Uhh, they say he isolated himself from his teammates but obviously he "was" friends with Tate and other players on the team. Is it possible he just chose not to be associated w/ certain players? Maybe he decided to put a wall up for some people, like the ones saying he wasn't black enough or ones who dont align with his beliefs outside of work.

Its like you guys are easily influence from bad reviews from a restaurant/hotel that has a 4.6/5. There are couple negative players that didn't like him but out of the hundred players he's played with or the ones who praise him gets ignored.

Needs a new subforum (Gossip Girls)

morgulon1

Reaction score
Its a non story. Why even bring up the "block number" just bunch of Gossip Girls wanting attention or promoting their business outlet. The first time Lynch got interviewed by Sherman i respected, this one was a bitch move or maybe just got caught in the moment.

Uhh, they say he isolated himself from his teammates but obviously he "was" friends with Tate and other players on the team. Is it possible he just chose not to be associated w/ certain players? Maybe he decided to put a wall up for some people, like the ones saying he wasn't black enough or ones who dont align with his beliefs outside of work.

Its like you guys are easily influence from bad reviews from a restaurant/hotel that has a 4.6/5. There are couple negative players that didn't like him but out of the hundred players he's played with or the ones who praise him gets ignored.

Needs a new subforum (Gossip Girls)
Says the guy with the Russell avatar.

strohmin

Reaction score

Russell tried to act like a leader but was really a wuss who couldnt take any criticism and accountability. The guy got paid and was painted as someone who carried the team. I know he is well liked outside of football because there is nothing wrong about being always positive in life but it is different when you are playing a competitive team sport. He was playing a position that put him in a position to be the default leader. Being a leader doesnt mean throwing out bs positive motivational quotes all the time, sometimes you need to get angry and hold people accountable especially yourself.

rcaido

Reaction score
I dont think it would have mattered at all. Lots of man babies. KJ even said it, after they won the superbowl the team no longer played for fun or as a team and just for themselves.

If you're talking about leadership, why was Russell Wilson voted by players to be Captain every single year except his rookie year? Lynch, Sherman, & Baldwin never got team Captain.

keasley45

Reaction score
I dont think it would have mattered at all. Lots of man babies. KJ even said it, after they won the superbowl the team no longer played for fun or as a team and just for themselves.

If you're talking about leadership, why was Russell Wilson voted by players to be Captain every single year except his rookie year? Lynch, Sherman, & Baldwin never got team Captain.

Coach's son is ALWAYS captain.

Is this Jake Heaps?

keasley45

Reaction score

Oh captain my captain?

REALITY. When hyped, underperforming superstar doesn't have a roster full of yes men to follow him and a HC to protect him.

This is what Pete was preventing from happening in Seattle.

Guess Russ is just the unluckiest guy in league history to always land on teams where teammates are jealous 'babies'.

Screenshot 20231005 211036 Chrome
Screenshot 20231005 210606 Google

toffee

Reaction score
What Wilson wanted us to think:
He is the hardest working guy in the team.
He invested the most on his conditioning.
He study the hardest, film rooms, play books.
He will do whatever to win.
He is the victim from his OL plays.

What some 12s saw:
He was fat
He took long time to digest and call plays
He refused to wear wrist band
He often spent lots and lots time on non football activities.

What 12s read:
He wouldn't always execute what coaches wanted
He wouldn't give his cell number to Marshawn

rcaido

Reaction score
Oh captain my captain?

REALITY. When hyped, underperforming superstar doesn't have a roster full of yes men to follow him and a HC to protect him.

This is what Pete was preventing from happening in Seattle.

Guess Russ is just the unluckiest guy in league history to always land on teams where teammates are jealous 'babies'.

View attachment 61077
View attachment 61076

This dude was a senior when Wilson was a redshirt freshman. He was not in the room so how would he even know what was said. He didn't even play with Wilson.

NoGain

Reaction score
RW was dorky and not cool. That's pretty clear. He wasn't part of the "in crowd" on the team. It's when the powers that be embraced RW over those who really were creating the culture and persona of that great LOB team that it got a little gnarly. One could say it ended their shot at a dynasty, starting with RW's interception throw on the worst play ever for a fan to digest.