Marshawn Lynch - an awesome teammate.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
This all started inside a modest apartment in Flint, Mich. That’s where Thomas Rawls’ mom, Deadra Whitley, told the first Marshawn Lynch story.

The first time she met Lynch, she kept reminding herself to keep it together. She hugged him, told herself not to squeeze so tight, then asked for a second hug. She told Lynch he could call her Dee; he refused.

“I’m calling you Momma,” he said.

But that’s not the best part of the story. After the Seahawks signed Rawls as an undrafted free agent, she kept asking if he’d seen Marshawn. When Lynch arrived, he didn’t say anything. Just watched.

Finally, he came up to Rawls. “I see it in you,” he said.

When Deadra surprised Rawls with a visit later that year, Lynch told her not to worry about her son, whom she calls Ty.

“The way he talked about Ty, as a parent, I was just so blown away with how he embraced him,” she said. “He really wanted to help him. He saw something in him. People are cheated when they don’t get to meet him on a real level.”

Lynch is no longer with the Seahawks, but he is not entirely gone, either. He keeps popping up. I’ll explain what I mean after one more story.

Full Article here

The rest of the article is well worth the read. I miss that guy for more than just his football skills. One of the best Seahawks ever.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Such a good read! Thanks for posting the story and link. Lynch meant so much to his teammates,much more than we ever knew.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is a push to get a statue of the The Tip.

And I get it, that was a pivotal moment that sent the Seahawks to the SB.

But, if anyone deserves a statue in front of the stadium, Marshawn does.

If he does not BeastQuake, we might have cut ties with Carroll - remember that Carrol wasn't exactly at the top of the curve at that time. That run gave Pete more time and probably saved our shot at the SB accordingly.

It should also be pointed out, as great as our defense was (and it was historic) that team was put on the back of Lynch also ended up being a key piece to help Wilson blossom. Wilson tossed into the fire without that protection might have still succeeded because Wilson does that, but Lynch absolutely helped.

He might have been the most important player we had on this team in the last decade easily.

And then, the bonus is - he seems to be a really good dude. A guy that cares about others and wants others to succeed. After all the crap the media flung about him being a problem, just interesting how different the reality ended.

And Lynch is BELOVED, almost to a fan in almost every fanbase. It is really weird but amazing. No matter the socio-economic status or segment of the audience, everyone seems to love & accept him.

We were really fortunate to get him. Might have been the greatest trade in Seahawk history, and I am even counting the one that brought Largent here. He made a massive, massive difference in the fortunes of this team and created memories not just for Seahawk fans but football fans across the US.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1tm9x5zz said:
If he does not BeastQuake, we might have cut ties with Carroll - remember that Carrol wasn't exactly at the top of the curve at that time. That run gave Pete more time and probably saved our shot at the SB accordingly.

That's a bit of a stretch. Pete was going to get at least three years of doing things his way before the seat got hot.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I know his stats may fall short of others in the Hall, but damn, the HoF was built for characters like that. Marshawn Lynch 2020.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's a good read... but I can't help but imagine there's a few in that building with their own collection of Lynch stories that might not be entirely positive.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Saw this article today. Seems like a good place to post it.

Marshawn Lynch made his graceful exit from the NFL this offseason, hanging up his cleats (quite literally) after nine years. He’ll forever be known for eating Skittles, his Bill Belichickian press conferences and most importantly, bulldozing defenders as Beast Mode.

All of those things were made abundantly apparent during his playing days, but there was a side of Lynch that we didn’t all see. He had a serious, kind-hearted side that wasn’t always in the public eye.

That part of Lynch’s personality came through during one of the scariest moments of last season – one that threatened former Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette’s life.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...wn-lynch-ricardo-lockette-story-injury-102616

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I once posted that as much as I loved Marshawn as a Warrior and for everything he gave us on the football field, that I thought his off-the-field antics were a distraction in the locker room.

I couldn't have been more wrong. His presence in the locker room is deeply missed. He was a hell of a football player and it turns out a hell of a man.

"Hey Gaylord!" LOL!

Beast!

Storts

Reaction score
Wow what a great read - we certainly miss him, if not on the field but off it. Agree he's our most important Seahawk of the last decade