Marshawn Lynch Contract Extension?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I don't trust Rapoport. He is a troublemaker and a former Patriot beat reporter.

stack600

Reaction score
Dont want.....
Beast to retire with 2 rings. Sign Him. Will see come Gameday Morning..Interesting

Rob12

Reaction score
How do we have the money for this? Someone, anyone, calm me down.

Who is the odd man out? Wilson, Lynch, Wagner. Seems those are the three that we lock up, with some significant cap casualties in between. Irvin is gone, as is Maxwell. Zach as well. Mebane? Probably gone.

I'm thrilled that we're locking Lynch down, BTW (if the report is true). But damn, this offseason might be more painful than the last.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It would not surprise if Wilson told the team take care of the core , Ill work my deal to fit the structure, I want to get paid but it doesnt have to be all at once, I recognize that this team is in the prime of its championship window, and my goal is to win more Championships and become one of the greatest QBs ever. I cant do that alone and legacy is more important than money. As long as I maintain my path of success money wont be an issue.

Probably not. Wilson will no doubt get paid but it would not surprise me if it was super cap friendly for his first few years.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If you pay him $10m in 2015 you're only losing an extra $1.5m vs the cap. He's costing $8.5m already.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
1.5m of that 8.5 mil is from his signing bonus. If he got a 10m salary next year wouldn't that be an 11.5m cap hit?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I hope the office has figured out a way to make this work but it's just as likely that Mikey Crapreport is trying a new game day tact to cause division in our locker room. He drops something every game day and usually about Lynch being gone. That tact has backfired in the past so maybe he thinks this news might get the others wondering who is that odd man out after tonight?

TXHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":361b889m said:
It would not surprise if Wilson told the team take care of the core , Ill work my deal to fit the structure, I want to get paid but it doesnt have to be all at once, I recognize that this team is in the prime of its championship window, and my goal is to win more Championships and become one of the greatest QBs ever. I cant do that alone and legacy is more important than money. As long as I maintain my path of success money wont be an issue.

Probably not. Wilson will no doubt get paid but it would not surprise me if it was super cap friendly for his first few years.

I've heard it said that Russell Wilson is obsessed with winning multiple Super Bowls so I've also started to wonder if he's made a deal to fit his contract under the cap after the rest of the core players have been taken care of. If this rumor is true it sure sounds like they feel like they have some cap money to throw around.

Greenhell

Reaction score
It's legit this time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-01-07-26-49~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-07-26-49~2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,043

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Just flipped it over and over on the left the title said "Beast Mode Done?", but they just finished. Anyone know what was said?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I've long said Wilson will not get $120M contract... He knows the team wouldn't be the same without Lynch or Wagner.

I still say he gets a fully guaranteed $60M contract. I just don't see anyway he gets $120M, not at least if Lynch gets $10M with Wagner still to be re-signed.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
As reported earlier,

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/561895456024702976[/tweet]

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The raise is to take care of the fines Goodell plans to hit him with next year.

Not this isn't FANTASTIC news. Would love to see Lynch get the numbers that demand entrance into the HoF.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Here's a link to a SB Nation article that also links to the Rappaport article on NFL.com (also linked by Smurf above). Nothing beyond what's being discussed here and by Rappaport that I could see.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/1/79 ... -extension

I think this is totally legit. His production continues to be top 3 in the league and he shows not even a hint of slowing down. Plus if you look at how he's been used this year as in a reduced work load, that points to saving some wear and tear for next year. Plus, as English pointed out, the cap hit at 10 mil next year is only 1.5 above the already scheduled 8.5.

If this is legit, I'm totally all in with it. After the game in week one I called for an extension and have been all year as have many others on these boards. I think Pete and John know how important he is to our offense and can also see he has at minimum another year in the tank. He'a a bargain at 1.5 above his scheduled cap hit next year.