Marshawn Lynch Contract Extension?

Chawks1

Reaction score
Pay the man!!! Give him enough to pay ALL his fines! Slap in the face to Goodell!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I never understood the cut Lynch angle anyway. I always thought we would let him play out his contract. He has been the most important player on this offense for three years. He has contributed more to this team's success than any other single individual, including Russell Wilson. He has been the best RB in football over the last three years and has scored the most TDs in football during that timespan. Beast Mode IS the Seahawks.

vonstout

Reaction score
Paying him 10 million next year doesn't mean that will be his cap hit. Not only do I think Wilson will work to keep the team together. I think Wagner, Mebane, Irvin, and maybe even Mebane will give a discount to build a dynasty.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
They obviously have a plan and they know how to work the numbers.

I can't understand fans that stress about the cap. Let them worry about it.

Definitely means no Maxwell.

Cad

Reaction score
We are probably going to lose Maxwell, anyway. There are too many teams out there that are desperate for good corners and are willing to throw money at him.

endzorn

Reaction score
If true and Lynch signs I think we need to showcase Michael in the preseason and try to get something in a trade for him. He has almost no value to this team and we could use that third RB spot for someone who can also return kicks and/or punts.

crosfam

Reaction score
I bet we do trade Michael, or maybe even (gulp!) Turbin. We would need more draft picks in the 4-7 round range. We lock up Wilson, and the core of the defense. Much of the team will have to be young new players and veterans willing to play for much less to have a shot at winning championships. I do worry most about losing Wagner. Kearse will be gone, Smith gone (for sure), Maxwell gone. Re-signing Irvin a year or two will be hard. He is very good now, but I'm not too worried about Maxwell, I think Lane will take his place without much drop-off. Problem will be depth.

The players union and other players will go batty if Wilson takes a less than max contract. Love to see a two year, fully guaranteed 26 million deal with a option for third year at 25 million or so. I bet he doubles his income in endorsements.

HawkerD

Reaction score
crosfam":14mpkv0c said:
I bet we do trade Michael, or maybe even (gulp!) Turbin. We would need more draft picks in the 4-7 round range. We lock up Wilson, and the core of the defense. Much of the team will have to be young new players and veterans willing to play for much less to have a shot at winning championships. I do worry most about losing Wagner. Kearse will be gone, Smith gone (for sure), Maxwell gone. Re-signing Irvin a year or two will be hard. He is very good now, but I'm not too worried about Maxwell, I think Lane will take his place without much drop-off. Problem will be depth.

The players union and other players will go batty if Wilson takes a less than max contract. Love to see a two year, fully guaranteed 26 million deal with a option for third year at 25 million or so. I bet he doubles his income in endorsements.

You are ridicules if you think Wagner is gone. It is completely preposterous. What are they going to do. cut him? He is under contract for next year so no matter what happens he is playing here next year. They can easily extend him with a minimal cap hit in 2015, so what is the issue?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
My prediction:
Wilson: even though 2007 Hass was better, he'll be re-signed in the neighborhood of 20 per
Wagner: going nowhere but contract extension land.....minimum 3 year extension, maybe 4
Irvin: 2 year extension, maybe 3
Maxwell: sadly, gone

kidhawk

Reaction score
The article I read on my phone not only mentioned the $10 million figure, but said they'd been in discussions for weeks. Also said that people close to Lynch say thyhe may retire if we win. I hope to see them be wrong about retiring.

The team woul lose a lot of credibility they've built with players if Lynch were to go to another team so they need to re-sign him if he doesn't retire

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3es4cpes said:
This says they have a meeting scheduled.
That makes me think the other stuff is bogus.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... rc=desktop

I don't know what to believe.

I can't take anything Blount contributes to very serious. I will say that if we are even proposing talks then the front office is handling this properly and I'm happy for it

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I don't think this is all that weird. They can extend and give him numbers in future years that are cap friendly if they have to cut him or if he retires. A small raise for next year is totally fine, as everyone notes, we were planning on paying him the 8.5 anyway. The Seahawks end up looking really, really good here for extending the heart and soul of the team... and hell, if I was Russell Wilson, I'd even consider flat out telling the front office, if Lynch plays, I'll take $2 million less, give it to him.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad if this actually happens. Like others have stated he is the heart of the team and it would be a pretty big blow when he leaves. With that said though, I still believe that Turbin is a worthy successor to Lynch from a pure football standpoint.

sutz

Reaction score
pmedic920":165iwged said:
This says they have a meeting scheduled.
That makes me think the other stuff is bogus.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... rc=desktop

I don't know what to believe.
Well, it they are actually trying to schedule a meeting, you can assume they have a number in mind. It doesn't sound like anything is set in stone, and negotiations need to go forward. Maybe the actual numbers of any offer have been hyped up a bit, but I take it as a good sign they really want to keep him around.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think as fans we're a little "once bitten, twice shy" about spending big on a running back closing in on 30 after Shaun Alexander. But really, beast couldn't be any more different. He'll run hard until his legs fall off and his lungs explode. As long as he's here, he will be a HUGE asset to this team. Glad to hear he's going to be around.

...and no way do they do this at the expense of the young core. Wilson, Wagner et al aren't going anywhere. I think Maxwell is probably destined to be this year's Golden Tate. We have horses in the stable that can take over at a fraction of what Max will command on the open market. The money's better spent elsewhere.