Marshawn Lynch unhappy with his contract?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Marshawn just re-tweeted this:

Retweeted by Shawn Lynch
Eugene Smith ‏@edsmith84 2h
@MoneyLynch preparing for the upcoming season!!!! #BeastMode @Seahawks pic.twitter.com/zHrpZAji1w

Bp LI3XCIAAXuWY

Maybe we can ratchet down the ridiculousness now.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
How can anyone from this fan base want to give up so quickly on money lynch? What BC of some OTA reports of an 2nd year rookie basically? Wow. He's coming back, he might want more money and they might pay him. Don't be surprised.

I never doubted you for a second Marshawn!!

WendellWent

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2n9phwvo said:
WendellWent":2n9phwvo said:
Sarlacc83":2n9phwvo said:
One guy makes up the report, and the rest repeat it like trained monkeys. Non story.

Agreed...until he misses a mandatory camp.

Have you ever been to a game in person? Lynch barely shows up for pre-game warm ups. I'm not worried until he's not out there the first game.

Only missed a handful of games since 77, and have seen every home game Lynch has played.

I never said I was worried, I just said it isn't a "story" until he misses mandatory practices.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Its funny how they're using months-old quotes Marshawn made to teammates, most likely in jest. Didn't this whole thing get clarified around the super bowl?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2dtr95w2 said:
from holdout to retiring now.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... -an-option

wheres this BS come from?

That came out pretty much right after or right before the superbowl, and it's surprising they're just reporting this stuff now like it's news. If my memory serves me correctly, Marshawn pretty much never goes to camp, so it's like, I just don't get how this is now news also. He's been doing this for years.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1j1atkag said:
I'm as intrigued by Michael as the next guy, but to crown him the RBOTF before he's ever played a meaningful snap seems like a bit much. Truthfully, even if he turns into an elite player, I'm not convinced he could give Seattle exactly what it wants at that position. Even with his Reggie Bushes and Christine Michaels, Pete still needs his Lendale Whites and Marshawn Lynches.

I agree that Michael doesn't complete the circle of toughness the way that Lynch does. But I still think he's the future.

As far as finding that bruiser back who makes defenses quit a little with each snap, I think Spencer Ware is an excellent candidate. I think because he ran a slow forty and was a 6th round pick people have overlooked how talented he is as a wear-down-the-defense type back.

dunceface

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":27dtd53g said:
Via twitter just now:

Lynch

This was the statement from the Lynch camp that I was waiting for... #GOHAWKS

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks have been relatively brutal cutting well paid vets. Clemons, Bryant, Rice and to a lesser extent Mike Rob (who of course he is very tight with) have gone.

If I had a 2 years on my deal left with the majority of the money coming in the second year but knowing it was unlikely the FO would let me see that money then I would be tempted to hold out and see if I can get more for the one year that I would complete.

Just playing Devils Advocate here.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Lynch has missed practices for years. Nothing to see here, move on.

253hawk

Reaction score
Momma Lynch's word is final:

"Come on fan's were much smarter than the media , all they want to do is sell a story, u cant trust them , they were the one's who doubted us and yet we showed up and showed out , don't let them tear up our happy home misery loves company so shut the door on negativity cause it has no place here !!!!"

NYCoug

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1cc0k4e5 said:
This is the same media that reported that the Hawks have "signed Jared Allen"

Yeah, they are so reliable.

Exactly! Amazing how quickly some people forget these days...

Scott and a few others win this thread. Way to be supreme fans and stick up for Marshawn despite the BS reports from the media. You could smell this from a mile away, that this was sensationalist, tabloid trash at it's finest. Pure speculation pulled out of thin air to try and sell you a story as Mama Mode said.

Can everyone who made a fool of themselves in this thread (and those who were going to but never got around to it) promise to remember this for next time? You know, when there's a story churned out about Golden Tate sleeping with Russell Wilson's now ex-wife or some unfounded crap about Russell Okung... can we all remember this thread/situation as the time EVERYONE realized that the sports media (and media in general) is absolute trash? Please? I'd love that, thanks!

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Obviously this whole thing was the media making something of nothing. But are we to believe he wants a new contract? Or is that just more bs?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
keatonisballin":27pwpao7 said:
Obviously this whole thing was the media making something of nothing. But are we to believe he wants a new contract? Or is that just more bs?

well was watching NFL AM today and Jordan Babineaux said he's talked to Lynch a couple times over the past couple weeks, apparently they are pals, and says that he wants more money.

That being said there's a difference between "I wanna get paid more money" and "I retire/wont play till i get more money".

IMO the truth is always in the middle of this junk.

I truly believe Lynch wants a new deal, and I think that is totally fair for him - his deal now is for all intents and purposes a 1 year 5M deal with 0 guarantees and a 500k roster bonus.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I have no problem at all with what Marshawn is doing, if indeed he IS doing this. We obviously won't know for sure until Monday, but all this holding out and retirement talk is pure unadulterated leverage.

Having said this, it's not going to work. Not only does the FO hold all the chips, but they're not going to set a precedent for renegotiating contracts TWO years before expiration, not even for Beast Mode.