Marshawn Lynch weight?

willyum

Reaction score
Ive been comparing the "power backs" in today's NFL to our own. Now, i know weight and size is not everything when it comes to being a powerful runner, but still a factor.

-LeGarrette Blount, NE is listed as 250 and looks like it when hes in the backfield, but when hes cutting and hitting holes he looks surprisingly smooth and fluid.
-Le'veon Bell, PIT is listed as 244 which I thought was much heavier than what he looks, but then again he is 6 foot 1. Like Blount, Bell is also very quick for his size. And expectedly, he is very strong. If you saw the CIN@PIT game, when Bell gets met by DE Michael Johnson, he stiff armed the 270 lb Johnson in the chest and knocked him flat on his ass and back. Impressive
-Eddie Lacy, GB is 230 in a compact and solid 5 foot 11 frame. Hes a true bruiser with good quickness but lacks consistent breakaway speed. although he did have a impressive 60 yarder vs DAL.

Now, Marshawn Lynch is listed as 215. But I think he weighs a lot more than that. At the Combine he was also at 215, and if you look at pictures of him at Cal, where he was listed as 217, he looks a lot thinner than he is now. I think Lynch is at least in the 225-230 range, he looks extremely wide and thick, especially in person. Im impressed he is still able to maintain his quickness and lateral cutting ability. And while these other backs I listed may be much bigger and heavier, I think what makes Lynch the King of power backs is his combination of power, balance, and mental attitude.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I would guess 225. He does look bigger. But he is not a real big guy. Just as tough as they come.

OP
OP
W

willyum

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1y1ovfew said:
I would guess 225. He does look bigger. But he is not a real big guy. Just as tough as they come.

Yeah all my friends who know about Beast Mode on the Seahawks but dont know footbal or who he actually is thought that Turbin was beast mode
torain.jpeg

Look at Turbin lol. The guys arms are twice as thick as Marshawn's, but Marshawn's stiff arm is wayyyyyy nastier.
marshawn_lynch_sea.jpg

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
hahaha your not showing turbins 2 yard stick legs either ... hehehe

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
willyum":3amkggd4 said:
Look at Turbin lol. The guys arms are twice as thick as Marshawn's, but Marshawn's stiff arm is wayyyyyy nastier.

Turbin has a stiff arm?

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Give Turbin time he will find the animal inside him. Lynch's attitude adds pounds of pure bulldozer mentality to his play. He could be half the size he is and still with the attitude and persona he has knock the defenders on the ground.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Thank god Turbin doesn't return kicks anymore or ever again. Lynch makes a lot of cuts and hits the line of scrimmage with a ton of speed. He isn't a pure power back, with that said he doesn't have break away speed either. Also he is way better than all those backs at catching the ball by a country mile.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
I am beyond stunned they didn't develop Turbin's lower half big time this last off-season. They couldn't have been satisfied with how skinny his legs were. Why didn't they work his lower half harder?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":3479s78h said:
Thank god Turbin doesn't return kicks anymore or ever again. Lynch makes a lot of cuts and hits the line of scrimmage with a ton of speed. He isn't a pure power back, with that said he doesn't have break away speed either. Also he is way better than all those backs at catching the ball by a country mile.

Is a country mile more or less than a city mile?