Marshawn Lynch

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dunceface":1x62ff6r said:
^^^^ I can't take this guy seriously

you only have a "bit" of trust in this front office??
like overall or just on this Lynch situation?

*rolls eyes as hard as humanly possible*

I have total faith in our FO, how can we not we just won the SB.

That doesn't mean faith = they're going to extend Lynch. Maybe faith means we DON'T extend Lynch and we have to have faith that C-Mike and Turbin (or draft pick/FA next year can pick up the slack).

HawkWow

Reaction score
dunceface":1n4lu6mv said:

I will immediately change the way I look at both sports and life in general.
I owe this turn-around to you Dunceface...and I thank you.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3tw7ror7 said:
dunceface":3tw7ror7 said:

Because we won that SB with a team this FO disassembled?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkWow":3g0c65n2 said:
Sgt. Largent":3g0c65n2 said:
dunceface":3g0c65n2 said:

That's some crazy logic.

Our FO assembled this team, won a SB and then had to make hard choices on who to let go and who to keep. We all loved Red, Clem, Tate, Breno, etc.........but someone had to go. If you're being critical of who was "disassembled", then please let us know who you would have let go so we could afford the 15-20M in payroll for all the guys who left.

dunceface

Reaction score
HawkWow":2tyqmutc said:
dunceface":2tyqmutc said:

I will immediately change the way I look at both sports and life in general.
I owe this turn-around to you Dunceface...and I thank you.

You're welcome

pehawk

Reaction score
HawkWow is sneaking up on the "Posters you must read list". He whiffed on the Harvin thing, totally, but he did some good work here.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":1ld7bcy4 said:
HawkWow is sneaking up on the "Posters you must read list". He whiffed on the Harvin thing, totally, but he did some good work here.
He has great sarcasm, but flaunts the mods by not using the sarcasm on and off emojis. He might get fined for his offenses, but HawkWow doesn't give a shit.

pehawk

Reaction score
On Lynch, if they do trade him the Hawks will do right by him. They'll settle for a conditional 7th from Oakland if that's his preference. They'll give his agent a chance to choose a desired location.

That's the program and karma Pete maintains here. It's part of the appeal for FA's.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Do you think they'll feel as charitable if it's New England, Indy or a conference rival that comes calling instead of lowly Oakland?

Oakland seems to be the assumed destination, but if I'm Money Lynch, I don't settle for doing a retirement tour with the hometown team. I hook up with a contender w/ an elite QB (maybe his old buddy Aaron Rodgers, the Seahawks-obsessed Patriots, or the RB-needy Colts) and make Seattle truly pay for moving on a tick too early.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3pqeddmb said:
Do you think they'll feel as charitable if it's New England, Indy or a conference rival that comes calling instead of lowly Oakland?

Oakland seems to be the assumed destination, but if I'm Money Lynch, I don't settle for doing a retirement tour with the hometown team. I hook up with a contender w/ an elite QB (maybe his old buddy Aaron Rodgers, the Seahawks-obsessed Patriots, or the RB-needy Colts) and make Seattle truly pay for moving on a tick too early.

The Hawks traded Flynn to a place that gave him a true shot to start....what he wanted. They released Leon Washington, over a trade offer, to do right by him. It's a big part of Pete's "program", do right by players and have a good reputation in the league.

They'd do right by him, it's what they do. But, I'm sure they'd only do it within reason. Obviously not SF or a NFC team. And, Lynch lives in the Bay, has a ring, and seems to be really comfortable there. I think if given a choice, that's where he'd want to go.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":3q3usdn8 said:

One reason I'm being so critical of Pete and John is because they forced me to abandon this team I once so loved. I'm currently a Jets fan and that will continue for the next several weeks. After that, I fully expect to be a Hawk fan again as Pete and John will likely get duped into sending the Jet's a 1, a 3 and a 7th for Harvin's return.

Their mindset being stupidity got us into this mess, perhaps stupidity can get us out.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
True, but Matt Flynn and Leon Washington were not potentially the final pieces to another team's championship puzzle. It's pretty easy to let those guys go wherever they want; there was little chance it was going to come back to bite them. Putting Lynch in Indy or New England is a landscape changing move.

You might be right about his preference to close out his career in Oakland. Seems to be what everyone thinks will happen. To me, that move doesn't make sense for Lynch. Oakland has the league's worst run-blocking line and a question mark at QB. His desire to "represent" would have to be dang strong to want to go there. The opportunity to prove every doubter wrong by taking an actual contender to the next level just seems too juicy to pass up.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2z6kxkyr said:
True, but Matt Flynn and Leon Washington were not potentially the final pieces to another team's championship puzzle. It's pretty easy to let those guys go wherever they want; there was little chance it was going to come back to bite them. Putting Lynch in Indy or New England is a landscape changing move.

You might be right about his preference to close out his career in Oakland. Seems to be what everyone thinks will happen. To me, that move doesn't make sense for Lynch. Oakland has the league's worst run-blocking line and a question mark at QB. His desire to "represent" would have to be dang strong to want to go there. The opportunity to prove every doubter wrong by taking an actual contender to the next level just seems too juicy to pass up.

As long as its in the AFC, they don't care. They attempted to trade Harvin to Denver, for Pete's sake. Even if they did, they don't have to trade him to Indy or NE, but again they wouldn't care. They wouldn't care for the same reason the Patriots never care about trading or cutting players they're ready to move on from, because the player no longer fits their plans.

Lynch got his ring and has openly talked about retiring. He's not driven by fame or even necessarily money. He does Marshaun. He drives a panel van around Oakland in the offseason. He lives in Oakland. Nobody lives in Oakland, willingly, except Marshaun.

And, not sure why Oakland's QB is questionable. Dude looks like a baller.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
if RW is our franchise QB, then he's our guy. We went all-in last season and got our SB win. Now it's time to go for the long-haul of sustained success (hopefully with a few more SB wins included) throughout RW's career. Surround him with weapons that work on and off the field. All that time spent massaging egos and special treatment is exactly what they are distraction. The franchise needed SOME face at 7-9. They don't need Marshawn anymore. I love beast mode, but the writing has been on the wall. Unless RW absolutely collapses these next few games and signs point to him NOT being the guy, then I think the FO is smart and they will plan for the future.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":248xluxd said:
HawkWow":248xluxd said:
Sgt. Largent":248xluxd said:
dunceface":248xluxd said:

That's some crazy logic.

Our FO assembled this team, won a SB and then had to make hard choices on who to let go and who to keep. We all loved Red, Clem, Tate, Breno, etc.........but someone had to go. If you're being critical of who was "disassembled", then please let us know who you would have let go so we could afford the 15-20M in payroll for all the guys who left.

Your post falls just short of reading Our FO assembled this team, they can destroy it if they want.

Letting Tate, Clem and Red go, along with an assload of money and 3 draft choices (aka depth / Oline) was not compulsory. They cut a deal with the devil and it blew up in their faces. Not terribly unlike their attempt to replace Lynch with Michael. Ka-boom!

I know you're a smart guy, Sarge and I know you're familiar with the expression, "if it's not broke, don't fix it".

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3sr5c4sj said:
pehawk":3sr5c4sj said:
He has great sarcasm, but flaunts the mods by not using the sarcasm on and off emojis. He might get fined for his offenses, but HawkWow doesn't give a shit.

Truer words, never spoken.

I hate those emoticon things. I am learning they are necessary and that only makes me hate them more.

pehawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2siegf4m said:
Scottemojo":2siegf4m said:
pehawk":2siegf4m said:

Truer words, never spoken.

I hate those emoticon things. I am learning they are necessary and that only makes me hate them more.

Hmm, how should I put this HawkWow...? Using emoticons is on par with using prepburger for on-air bits. Don't ever do that, ever.

And Sgt Largent argues with everything. Everything.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkWow":2ddugy85 said:
Your post falls just short of reading Our FO assembled this team, they can destroy it if they want.

Letting Tate, Clem and Red go, along with an assload of money and 3 draft choices (aka depth / Oline) was not compulsory. They cut a deal with the devil and it blew up in their faces. Not terribly unlike their attempt to replace Lynch with Michael. Ka-boom!

I know you're a smart guy, Sarge and I know you're familiar with the expression, "if it's not broke, don't fix it".

You still didn't answer my question. Who do you let go to keep Tate, Clem and Red?

I don't think there's a fan within 5,000 miles of Seattle that didn't want us to keep everyone.........but this is the NFL, it's a parity league that makes it impossible to keep players after winning a SB. Tate has an average annual salary of 6.5M, Clemons was set to make 7.5M and Red was set to make 8.5M. That's over 21M in salary.

So again, how?