Marshawn Lynch

getnasty

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1k1wfjsy said:
I love the Marshawn signing.
But Turbin? Schneider/Pete need to be questioned for these poor decisions.
Cyrus12":1k1wfjsy said:
joeseahawks":1k1wfjsy said:
Not trying to hijack the thread ... Didn't we also sign Turbin? How many snaps did he get?
None...it was a wasted signing and wish we woulda went with someone who was game ready.

Why because Turbin played a huge role? He knew the program on short notice so made sense.

peppersjap

Reaction score
poly1274":3q3n6cy1 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3q3n6cy1 said:
poly1274":3q3n6cy1 said:
It was a mistake to re-sign him.
I beg to differ.

But please, explain.

Lynch wasn't suited to play, he was out of shape and just too fat.
I don't even know why he was playing against the 49ers but when he was in they all knew he was not gonna carry the ball.

3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, when Lynch got stuffed (should had kicked the field goal in the 2nd quarter with the niners).

Even in the end of the niners game, had we gone first and goal at the 1, if Lynch wasn't signed, do you really think we would had gotten penalized for delay of game?

In today's game we ran Lynch 3x . (8yards 1 yard no gain). Homer had what 3 touches? that's pretty bad.
Did you see that the 1st hits that he took were from Joey Hunt 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage? They wanted to run up the middle with an incredibly small center who gets dominated. How about trying to run Lynch outside? I'm so impressed by what Marshawn did!

blaisio

Reaction score
Given that we lost all 3 of our starting RBs, Marshawn coming in on zero notice was heroic. Not only that but he inspired the team and fans like no other player could. Saying it was a mistake to sign him is absurd. You talk about his production, the only one that really matters is he scored 4 touchdowns in 3 games. 3 tds in the playoffs. The only rbs that are truly game ready are already playing. No matter what you were picking from left overs. Signing Marshawn being a mistake is ridiculous

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He was effective as a short yardage back at the goal line.
I think he did well as an emergency pick up who’s 33 and been out of the NFL for a year.

One of the positives of this postseason IMHO.

Hawknight

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3ru6b5tu said:
In this loss, I completely forgot this was Lynch’s last game.

I love me some Beast Mode!

Thank you for coming back, Marshawn! Even if it was for 3 games.

Here’s to you, Legend!

I hope you find happiness wherever life takes you from here!

I hope one day Seattle retires you’re number and you are brought into the Ring of Honor and in the Hall of Fame!

Cheers!

Thank you, Marshawn!

Marshawn Lynch, forever!

I bought his jersey, he's a stud of a player and forever appreciated and respected!

Thanks Skittles Man #24...Great memories!

blaisio

Reaction score
Side note... 97 rushing TDs! Bring him back for a game next year so he can keep it 100

Northhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks have been blessed with good RBs and some great players. Marshawn Lynch will always be my favorite all-time RB on any team and one of the best players to wear a Hawk jersey!

Godspeed Mr. Lynch!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Would love to have him back next year as a short yardage back. He'd get in and be in full game shape as well.

I think this stint and his positivity guaranteed him a spot in the ROH and I think he's already a near lock for the HOF though unlikely on the first ballot.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Thought sure I read in one of his post game interviews he is leaving the door open to at least talk about some kind of role for next year. Seems he has taken a real liking for Homer and the other young guys on the team, in a mentoring kind of way. Even if nothing comes of it I think it's pretty cool how he has taken up with the team camaraderie/family atmosphere in such a short time.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
blaisio":bj68qeia said:
Side note... 97 rushing TDs! Bring him back for a game next year so he can keep it 100
Didn't he have 3 since he came back?Theres your 100

Vesuve

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":1xqc4vao said:
Needed more Homer outside runs. Takes nothing away from Lynch. He was all in and a great teammate.

Yed, I wanted more Homer, outside.

Lynch us a kegend and a Beast as noted above.

Damn legend!

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
You guys are worse than Pete. Hanging on to another rb that wont contribute. When is the last time Beast played a full season? They need all 53 roster spots. 51 doesnt cut it with the perennial reservations for procise and lynch.

Run first football is a injury game, its physical. If you're running this style you need line men, you need rbs and serviceable tight ends. There was a trend that the team that played the hawks one week was more likely to lose the next. Physicality.

Bigger names get hurt in spread offenses. Important cogs in run o"s

The other guy was signed to mollify Russ and to have someone who knew the system. Homer was the better of the three, but not running at Cox each play.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I was impressed at how he practically willed his way to the endzone on those goal line carries in the few games he played. Almost wants me to talk about SB49, but I wont.

94Smith

Reaction score
30 carries for a 2.2 YPC average? I don't know, love the nostalgia, but I can't help but think you guys would have been better off signing CJ Anderson...

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Carroll did what he thought was best in somewhat resurrecting Lynch to hopefully bring some energy and positive vibes back to the team.

I don’t blame him for that.

You can think of it as a two birds one stone.

If it was any other RB, they wouldn’t have generated the same buzz.

Pete probably knew the offensive line wouldn’t be able to open holes for anyone.

Lynch coming back, for Carroll was as much to add to the nostalgia again and to hopefully amend any previous ill will towards each other. Which was probably very important to Carroll.

Carroll not gonna openly admit it but I think he knows he blew the Super Bowl and bringing Lynch back was probably his way of attempting to restore his relationship with Lynch. And even if the Seahawks didn’t advance. I think his gesture of bringing Lynch back was a success.

And I’m glad Lynch came back.

Marshawn loves Seattle. Probably the only city he loves other than Oakland.

Nunya_

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":36l3b1hm said:
Carroll did what he thought was best in somewhat resurrecting Lynch to hopefully bring some energy and positive vibes back to the team.

I don’t blame him for that.

You can think of it as a two birds one stone.

If it was any other RB, they wouldn’t have generated the same buzz.

Pete probably knew the offensive line wouldn’t be able to open holes for anyone.

Lynch coming back, for Carroll was as much to add to the nostalgia again and to hopefully amend any previous ill will towards each other. Which was probably very important to Carroll.

Carroll not gonna openly admit it but I think he knows he blew the Super Bowl and bringing Lynch back was probably his way of attempting to restore his relationship with Lynch. And even if the Seahawks didn’t advance. I think his gesture of bringing Lynch back was a success.

And I’m glad Lynch came back.

Marshawn loves Seattle. Probably the only city he loves other than Oakland.

While all of that is quite romantic, I do not think it was really all that complicated. The team was entering into week 17 without a single experienced RB. Lynch had not been out that long and knew the system, the playbook (or what had not been changed), and had some rapport with some of the offensive players (especially Wilson). Same with Turbin. There really was not very many options available.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Yep Nunya, I think you got it.
Thing is, with what we doing on O Line I don't think any "game ready" back could have done much. Under those circumstances Lynch is as good an anyone at dealing with it His TD runs proved that AND that giving him the ball in SB2 was THE CALL to make. I have no doubt he would have willed his way into the end zone for the win.
I have a short bench of all time fave running backs and Lynch is on it with a star added by his name for being the centerpiece of my favorite NFL play of all time. That run vs the Saints was a showstopper!