Marshawn Lynch

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
As a regular listener to the ATN podcast they were discussing the Lynch return. Gregg Rosenthal listed off the running backs who were available and those who had been signed as an emergency the last few months. He made a case that a less than 100% Lynch was as good as any of those guys.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Nunya_":2y4rn74d said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2y4rn74d said:
Carroll did what he thought was best in somewhat resurrecting Lynch to hopefully bring some energy and positive vibes back to the team.

I don’t blame him for that.

You can think of it as a two birds one stone.

If it was any other RB, they wouldn’t have generated the same buzz.

Pete probably knew the offensive line wouldn’t be able to open holes for anyone.

Lynch coming back, for Carroll was as much to add to the nostalgia again and to hopefully amend any previous ill will towards each other. Which was probably very important to Carroll.

Carroll not gonna openly admit it but I think he knows he blew the Super Bowl and bringing Lynch back was probably his way of attempting to restore his relationship with Lynch. And even if the Seahawks didn’t advance. I think his gesture of bringing Lynch back was a success.

And I’m glad Lynch came back.

Marshawn loves Seattle. Probably the only city he loves other than Oakland.

While all of that is quite romantic, I do not think it was really all that complicated. The team was entering into week 17 without a single experienced RB. Lynch had not been out that long and knew the system, the playbook (or what had not been changed), and had some rapport with some of the offensive players (especially Wilson). Same with Turbin. There really was not very many options available.
Also true!