Marshawn Lynch

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ManBunts":1o2k8tqf said:
MizzouHawkGal":1o2k8tqf said:
Sgt. Largent":1o2k8tqf said:
MizzouHawkGal":1o2k8tqf said:
I think 2014 is his last year here.

Maybe. If he has a monster year (1,500 yards, 10+ TD's), it'll be VERY hard to cut him for 2015.

The problem then will be Marshawn wanting an extension, and being a problem if he doesn't get it. I love me some Beast Mode, but he can be a pain in the ass to a franchise if he's unhappy.........just ask the Bills.
Doesn't matter between his age and cap number he's gone regardless of production.

Why? Are you coming from a money standpoint, or from a team standpoint? I get it that at some point we'll want the next generation to step up. And Beast Mode probably won't stand to be backup. So if that's your point, fair enough, but just curious why.
We can't have that cap number and 29 is a dangerous age for a running back especially with his running style. I also wouldn't be shocked if the offense goes more balanced or slightly more to the pass once Wilson is extended. And do you really see them sitting Michael if he gets pass blocking?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Christine Michael is going to be an absolute Monster.. Look at his combine numbers compared to Percy Harvin. His speed numbers are insane.

Hes 5'11, outweighs Lynch by 10-15 pounds and is faster than just about any runningback in the league and that may even currently include AP.

That said Lynch is still the man this year but I expect some diminishment...

Lynch 1000 yards, 7 TDs
Michael 700 yards, 4 TDs
Wilson 500 yards, 4 TDs
Harvin 300 yards, 2 TDs

Domination

Hawks46

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2wcgk9re said:
I think he has a couple more good seasons left. I don't think the super bowl really showed anything other than the Denver run d is pretty good and Knighton is an effective run stopper. I do hope to see Michael step up and take some snaps this year. He is such an explosive athlete, comparable to Harvin imo.

Agreed. The Superbowl showed more of the OL's deficiencies than Marshawn's. That cap number in 2015 will be tough to swallow, but there's no reason to believe he'll slow down much if we keep him on a carry count and spell him with the other backs. I could see 12-14 carries per game this year.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He planned to retire after this season, but changed his mind. Sherman was ribbing him about it at one of the post super b owl parties.

He will be gone after next season.

- bsd

theascension

Reaction score
bigskydoc":f1ec8nbc said:
He planned to retire after this season, but changed his mind. Sherman was ribbing him about it at one of the post super b owl parties.

Good point. Let's hope it's a glorious last year with an improved blocking for him!

bigskydoc

Reaction score

kjreid

Reaction score
Lynch will be over 2000 carries next season, that is a huge load, once SA hit that magic number it was over.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Recalling the start of last season Lynch's number were not stellar, and it seemed (i have no stats to support this) that when we finally brought Michael Robinson back in October after Coleman's Hammie, the run game improved immediately. So as much as the league in general wants to do away with the traditional fullback roll, we seem to need it for successfully running the rock. Now Mrob has not been mentioned around here much lately so I sort of get the idea he isn't coming back. There are a lot of question marks for our run game at the moment that we really wont know the answer to for perhaps a month or more. I have no doubt it will feature Marshawn heavily, but I think the addition of Harvin and (hopefully) CMike to the rotation will take a few of those carries off his shoulders.

sc85sis

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2ybjon3u said:
Christine Michael is going to be an absolute Monster.. Look at his combine numbers compared to Percy Harvin. His speed numbers are insane.

Hes 5'11, outweighs Lynch by 10-15 pounds and is faster than just about any runningback in the league and that may even currently include AP.

That said Lynch is still the man this year but I expect some diminishment...

Lynch 1000 yards, 7 TDs
Michael 700 yards, 4 TDs
Wilson 500 yards, 4 TDs
Harvin 300 yards, 2 TDs

Domination

Here are the combine results for each, per ESPN:

Lynch: 4.46 40 | 7.09 3-Cone | 4.58 20-Yard Shuttle | 20 Bench | 35.5 Vertical | 125.0 Broad Jump
Harvin: 4.41 40 | DNP 3-Cone | DNP 20-Yard Shuttle | 19 Bench | DNP Vertical | DNP Broad Jump
Turbin: 4.50 40 | 7.16 3-Cone | 4.31 20-Yard Shuttle | 28 Bench | 36.0 Vertical | 122.0 Broad Jump
Michael: 4.54 40 | 6.69 3-Cone | 4.02 20-Yard Shuttle | 27 Bench | 43.0 Vertical | 125.0 Broad Jump

Other than his 40 time, Michael looks like a stud. I'm thinking the 40 may have just been an anomaly that day. The Seahawks indicated he ran a 4.43 in this article. Not sure if they were stating his unofficial time or what.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm going to take this opportunity to say that Marshawn is my favorite RB to watch ever.

More than Barry, more than Walter, even Bo, Marcus, Earl, Adrian, etc.

As long as Marshawn is a Seahawk, I'm happy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That 20 yrd shuttle speed is impressive compared to others..So the 40 time might well be (anomaly) for that day..

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I suggested a few weeks ago that this would be Marshawn's last year here and got shredded for it, funny to see more people suggesting that very thing now. I love Lynch but one has to be realistic, he's getting up there and his cap number is just going to be too high for a team with as many key players to extend after this season. I'd be very surprised if Marshawn was still here Week 1 in 2015 when they've got Christine Michael at a fraction of the price waiting in the wings. He wasn't a 2nd round pick just for the hell of it. All I want is to see Beast run over more defenses this season and help us get that 2nd Lombardi.