Marvin/Niner fans about Green Bay

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":od0i7p2r said:
Marvin49":od0i7p2r said:
RolandDeschain":od0i7p2r said:
Despite the grudge against the Packers from the 90s for 49ers fans, looks like they want the Packers to win over us. No surprise. :)

Well, couple things on that.

1) I'm not entirely sure that's true
2) If it is, both Seahawks games came down to the final play this year. Niners beat the Packers 37-8. Which team would YOU rather play?

For me, I'm not looking ahead. Vikings can beat the Niners. I won't even let myself think about preferred opponent in NFCCG because they haven't even secured their own spot in that game.

As for the Packers grudge match? That kinda died a long time ago when Kap ran for 160 and then the following year when they went into GB and won again. After that game, the 'hawks effectively ended the Harbaugh Niners run in the NFCCG.

Wouldn't it be delicious if that's the way it ended again, this year?

This time, what would Uncle Sherm say if we beat them? If we had a brash young defender, saying in a monotone this time, "You try me with a sorry receiver, this is what you're gonna get." Or if this happened in reverse?
I'd laugh my ass off if Metcalf caught a game-winning TD over Sherman and said that's what you get when you try me with a sorry corner like Sherman.

Imagine the luls.

ivotuk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":hxtxbq9k said:
Seahawkfan80":hxtxbq9k said:
What did you guys do to win over Green Bay? What do you think we need to do to win in Green Bay? Honest answers...not a BS thread.

Took their offensive line and wide receiver's respective lunch money until the Packers' defense began to smoke crack.

FIFY

Stanley

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":w977umhh said:
Despite the grudge against the Packers from the 90s for 49ers fans, looks like they want the Packers to win over us. No surprise. :)

This season would be much more satisfying if we get to play and beat you guys again

sc85sis

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x3ic3qzv said:
SantaClaraHawk":x3ic3qzv said:
Marvin49":x3ic3qzv said:
RolandDeschain":x3ic3qzv said:

Well, couple things on that.

1) I'm not entirely sure that's true
2) If it is, both Seahawks games came down to the final play this year. Niners beat the Packers 37-8. Which team would YOU rather play?

For me, I'm not looking ahead. Vikings can beat the Niners. I won't even let myself think about preferred opponent in NFCCG because they haven't even secured their own spot in that game.

As for the Packers grudge match? That kinda died a long time ago when Kap ran for 160 and then the following year when they went into GB and won again. After that game, the 'hawks effectively ended the Harbaugh Niners run in the NFCCG.

Wouldn't it be delicious if that's the way it ended again, this year?

This time, what would Uncle Sherm say if we beat them? If we had a brash young defender, saying in a monotone this time, "You try me with a sorry receiver, this is what you're gonna get." Or if this happened in reverse?
I'd laugh my ass off if Metcalf caught a game-winning TD over Sherman and said that's what you get when you try me with a sorry corner like Sherman.

Imagine the luls.
Yeah, but I can’t imagine DK ever speaking in that manner.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32zw3vop said:
Congrats Niners, your win on the 29th was the 2nd in 12 tries vs. the Hawks. Amaze balls

Thanks!! :D

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
olyfan63":e5la0al0 said:
5_Golden_Rings":e5la0al0 said:
Seahawkfan80":e5la0al0 said:
What did you guys do to win over Green Bay? What do you think we need to do to win in Green Bay? Honest answers...not a BS thread.
Took their offensive line and wide receiver's respective lunch money until the Packers' defense began to slowly crack.

I didn't watch the game, but my first guess was your talent-laden DL dominated their OL.

Let me guess... and then your running game wore them down, and hit some big plays on downfield shots, and then your running game ran over them some more? :sarcasm_on: Wow, I've never heard of a team doing that as an an offensive strategy! :sarcasm_off:
I had heard there was this mythical team in South Alaska that was rumored to run that kind of offense, though.

Not sure our defense has the healthy athletes to do that to GB. Nor our offense. We'll see what Pete, Schotty and Norton come up with.

Sadly, Seattle's DL is no where near SF's, and our best RB's are on IR. Rodgers will not have the same problems with us as he did with them. :180670: