Matt Flynn's perceived value

Hawknballs

Reaction score
i would hold on to him and see which teams panic after the pre-season when they don't have a QB.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Okungfu":3w4rv3df said:
Not to change the subject , but I live in Idaho and just wonder if with the Success of Wilson that maybe a guy like Kellen Moore sitting 3rd string in detriot may garner a look or two from some teams ?

I agree that if we could keep Flynn that would be ideal , but I don't see it . To get out of the contract and get a pick or 2 would be nice.

There's a huge difference between WIlson and Moore. Wilson is mobile and has a strong arm. Moore is inmobile and has a noodle of an arm.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1z0bqkq3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1z0bqkq3 said:
You just wait and see how many teams trade down when the QB's are on the board. Barkley? Smith? Wilson from Arkansas? Not sure when the last time no QB was taken in the first 10-15 picks, but this might be the year.

But what is this analysis based on? A hunch? The negative publicity based around Lane Kiffin's pathetic job at USC? Or Bobby Petrino's scandal in Arkansas? Or the fact the WVU defense couldn't stop Ryan Lindley playing with one leg?

All three players are superior to Mark Sanchez, a top five pick. All three players are superior to Christian Ponder, a top-15 pick. All three players are superior to Jake Locker, a top ten pick. They all have a superior resume to Blaine Gabbert. What they aren't is Luck or Griffin III. And if people expect a QB class to compare to that every year, we'll not have a good QB class for another 20 years. People are overreacting to this class being a bad one. It's just not equal to 2012.

Exactly. People reached on QBs in those years, they will reach on QBs this year.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think they can get a 3rd , but I like a trade. For a player that is not happy playing on a losing team , and needs a QB. Maybe Buffalo and Mark Anderson who maybe worth a look post his knee fix and pick ?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Trade him so he can have a chance to start. He didn't appear to cause any problems and I can only imagine how he felt having had the rug jerked out from under him even though he lost the competition fair and square. But a few of you have some good points , he is injury free, making big big money and goes home and throttles a very sharp lady when he's feeling it.

He should count his many blessings.

Twisted

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3kzsr2i1 said:
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Matt Flynn's perceived value around the league is "not as high as many people think."
Flynn's name has come up in trade speculation, but only the Dolphins and Seahawks were "mildly" interested in Flynn last offseason, and he didn't play in 2012. So he didn't have an opportunity to show his wares as a potential NFL starter. Most likely, Flynn will be back for one more season in Seattle. He's owed a $5.25 million base salary in 2013, $2 million of which is guaranteed.

anything and everything the "other" teams have to say don't mean diddly, um RW in the 3rd round? get real, seems to me theres 31 other teams with scouts that don't know their jobs or a value QB if ya ask me, should make Flynn invaluable in this case?

pinksheets

Reaction score
This is Seahawks fans' wishful thinking on Flynn's value meeting reality.

Only 2 teams with any interest during the offseason. Did nothing to raise his value....now somebody is giving us a valuable high pick?

Throwdown

Reaction score
So our secret weapon coin flip caller isn't worth that much?

huh...weird.... :sarcasm_off:

renofox

Reaction score
pinksheets":29kbeo4e said:
This is Seahawks fans' wishful thinking on Flynn's value meeting reality.

Only 2 teams with any interest during the offseason. Did nothing to raise his value....now somebody is giving us a valuable high pick?

Value is determined by supply and demand. Part of that value comes from GM's perception of Flynn, but a large part comes from market forces - ECON101.

There were a lot of teams that thought they had their QBOTF last year, but now realize they really need a new QB to be competitive (Philly, Minny, Arizona, NYJ, Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee, J'ville, Oakland, KC). Demand has shifted quite a bit.

Last year, there were many good QB prospects available in the draft/FA. This year, there are very few good prospects in the draft/FA. Supply has shifted quite a bit.

Both the supply and the demand curves have shifted, a combination which has a huge effect on value.

Anybody wanting a potential franchise QB this year is going to have to pay large.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zjd82yt said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1zjd82yt said:
The 2013 is not one of the worst QB drafts ever. This is group think based around the fact Luck/RGIII went one and two last year, with other guys coming to the party too. There are at least three logical first round quarterbacks and it could easily be a better year than 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007....

You just wait and see how many teams trade down when the QB's are on the board. Barkley? Smith? Wilson from Arkansas? Not sure when the last time no QB was taken in the first 10-15 picks, but this might be the year.

I doubt it. This year's quarterback class doesn't look so hot now, but one or two players' stock will rise after the Combine, individual workouts, etc. Ryan Tannehill was pegged as a late first/early second round pick after last year's college football season was over, but by the time draft day rolled around he went 8th overall. I don't think there are any QB's worth taking in the first 10-15 picks, but the law of supply and demand (thin QB class and teams desperate for a franchise QB) will push guys like Barkley and Smith up teams' draft boards and into the top 10, possibly even the too 5.

Okungfu

Reaction score
jlwaters1":xibthy02 said:
Okungfu":xibthy02 said:
Not to change the subject , but I live in Idaho and just wonder if with the Success of Wilson that maybe a guy like Kellen Moore sitting 3rd string in detriot may garner a look or two from some teams ?

I agree that if we could keep Flynn that would be ideal , but I don't see it . To get out of the contract and get a pick or 2 would be nice.

There's a huge difference between WIlson and Moore. Wilson is mobile and has a strong arm. Moore is inmobile and has a noodle of an arm.

Really ? Your going there after watching Wilson the guy everyone said couldn't play succeed ? Watched ever game Moore played and just as Wilson compensates for his short comings( NPI) Moore does as well , not to mention he's had a full season with NFL trainers to work on velocity and strength training . At this point I don't count anyone out , especially someone with Moores football IQ and winning record , just saying I would like to see the kid get a shot .

Latest posts