Matthew Stafford's Jerk Response to Female Reporter

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
During the SB celebration, a female reporter speaking to Matthew Stafford falls backward about ten feet off the stage. He mouths "Oh no" and then turns his back and walks away. His wife had the decency to look concerned and peer down to see what happened. The reporter broke her spine and a Go Fund Me account is being raised for her.

Any good will I had for him is lost after seeing that. A$$ -----!!
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/matthew- ... bowl-stage

To view the clip, you have to scroll down a bit.

massari

Reaction score
Not too many people can watch a lady fall backwards off a cliff and just walk away taking a swig of water like nothing happened

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LoganTheHammer/status/1494057292853096453[/tweet]

giphy.gif

massari

Reaction score
BleuEyedHawk":3ohptazu said:
The reporter broke her spine and a Go Fund Me account is being raised for her.
Uh shouldn't the Rams be paying her medical bill, and adding a few extra million for not having railings there? Hopefully she sues.

Marvin49

Reaction score
So I've watched this video quite a few times...and its a BAAAD look.

The ONLY thing I can think of is perhaps he was concerned that he'd be blamed and there would be a lawsuit, something that happens to professional athletes...

...but man, that was bad. How do you literally run away and not see if she's OK. Wow.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36hjtpaa said:
But he plays for LA, so there will be excuse after excuse made for the guy.

I don't think it'll be an excuse about LA. I think he's previous public image is opposed to what we see here.

I, for one, have always thought he was a good guy which is why it made no sense to me and kinda was looking for an explanation. I mean by this point he probably should have said something publicly.

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1y1bz4fu said:
SoulfishHawk":1y1bz4fu said:
But he plays for LA, so there will be excuse after excuse made for the guy.
I don't think it'll be an excuse about LA. I think he's previous public image is opposed to what we see here.

I, for one, have always thought he was a good guy which is why it made no sense to me and kinda was looking for an explanation. I mean by this point he probably should have said something publicly.

I agree, I had thought he was a good person too but was so disappointed to see this. And shocked for her - I can't imagine falling off a stage like that - I would have been toast.

Apparently, Kelly the reporter, works for L.A. sports teams Rams, Kings, Ducks, and Crypto Arena. So, she should at least receive Workman's Comp and possibly damages. Maybe the Go Fund Me is for immediate expenses?

More info: https://deadspin.com/we-were-better-off ... 1848555918

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Def. has always come across as a good guy. But.......those actions are ridiculous. Too good to just find out if someone is ok?

sdog1981

Reaction score
You guys are posting as if you have never been drunk before.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
sdog1981":1ywjlhgi said:
I'm leaning more along these lines. He was definitely drunk, maybe even well and truly trashed. Also, he and the Rams are paying all her medical bills: https://deadline.com/2022/02/photograph ... 234956011/

That being said.....walking backwards off a stage and fracturing your spine from a 6' fall? That lady needs to work on her situational awareness as a photog.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":hbr0p7ft said:
sdog1981":hbr0p7ft said:
I'm leaning more along these lines. He was definitely drunk, maybe even well and truly trashed. Also, he and the Rams are paying all her medical bills: https://deadline.com/2022/02/photograph ... 234956011/

That being said.....walking backwards off a stage and fracturing your spine from a 6' fall? That lady needs to work on her situational awareness as a photog.
Pretty much where I’m at on this. Hope the person hurt has a speedy and full recovery.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2o7qdl46 said:
MD5eahawks":2o7qdl46 said:
You're a bit late to the thread with that news.

Also, UH OH, more news on this that doesn't look so great for the photographer herself.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/02/ ... ct-tweets/

Glad to see Stafford did that. Seems out of character.

As for her posts...that's disappointing, but ain't like Stafford thought "...oh no....but those tweets. I'm out". :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":16e91axb said:

As for her posts...that's disappointing, but ain't like Stafford thought "...oh no....but those tweets. I'm out". :D
Are you saying him not caring about her falling is out of character, or him paying her medical bills is?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15i4ayu2 said:
Marvin49":15i4ayu2 said:

Are you saying him not caring about her falling is out of character, or him paying her medical bills is?

Not caring. Always thought he was a good guy. Wonder what was going through his head in that moment.