Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

NYCoug

Reaction score
Something that my lady and I came up with that I thought you all might like...

Attachments

• jimi graham experience.jpg
    jimi graham experience.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 666

12thbrah

Reaction score
I think the offense will carry us early part of the season while the secondary heals up. Only injuries can derail us from making it to Santa Clara next Feb. So pumped to see it all come together.

Hard to believe this epic run of Seahawks football just gets better and better.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Someone hurry and lock up this thread too before someone says something absurd. :sarcasm_on:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/576102289439490048[/tweet]

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
If you really want to evaluate this trade without bias, just take a look at our competitors' message boards and read what they have to say about the trade. They're positively crapping themselves.

Arizona recognises we tore them up with a no-name tight end and can't imagine how bad it will be with a superstar doing the same.

Here are selected quotes from the 49ers' fans:

Don't buy it, A late 1st and a center for the best TE in the league?
NFL network has confirmed it fuuuuuuuuuuu
Jssus F christ, the LAST thing Jump-Ball-And-Pray-To-God Wilson needs is Jump-Up- And-Catch-Anything Graham, on his team.
OH F ME...O FM ME
Hello there. I am a 49er fan. Where do I stand in line to watch my team get their ass kicked?

Some here may dislike this trade, but our opposition absolutely hates it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not really any different than how they reacted when we picked up Percy, though.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Anyone else feel this trade could be the turning point of Russell's and Drew Brees' career?

Russ takes the next step to becoming elite and Brees towards retirement?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kearly":24scz7rx said:
I think Graham is a bully type. He talks big and he will beat people up, but if he gets punched in the nose, he runs away squealing. It's not hard to see why the Hawks D disrespects a guy like that. A bit of a fake tough guy.

That said, there are only a small number of teams in the NFL that can expose this side of Graham. And the worst of them was just removed as a threat.

You obviously don't know much about Graham and how he grew up. Questioning his toughness is the last thing you should do.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
KiwiHawk":22ye90sv said:
If you really want to evaluate this trade without bias, just take a look at our competitors' message boards and read what they have to say about the trade. They're positively crapping themselves.

Arizona recognises we tore them up with a no-name tight end and can't imagine how bad it will be with a superstar doing the same.

Jssus F christ, the LAST thing Jump-Ball-And-Pray-To-God Wilson needs is Jump-Up- And-Catch-Anything Graham, on his team.
OH F ME...O FM ME
Hello there. I am a 49er fan. Where do I stand in line to watch my team get their ass kicked?

This does make me feel a lot better about the trade, cost or no. But as DavidSeven said, they said that about Percy too. I don't think that's anywhere close to what will happen here, but surprises do happen.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3e7xb8as said:
MysterMatt":3e7xb8as said:
Enlighten us, then.

Wiki reveals all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Graham

This whole Graham is soft thing is overblown. You don't catch 355 balls and 46 TD's over a four year period if you're easily intimidated and taken off your game.

Plus Graham is so big, he rarely makes everyone miss. The guy takes shots on EVERY play.

Watching the highlights, unless he flat out hurdles a guy, he LOOKS for contact. He doesn't shy away from it, unless we're talking about Kam (and Graham had a sprained shoulder that game). If you're going to use that for context, half of the NFL is soft. There are plenty of business decisions being made when Kam comes running up.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Graham mentioned something about the sideline incident sayings it's his way to motivate him and his teammates. It was football testosterone in the heat of the moment. He was trying to get em all riled up, the problem was you don't riled up the Seahawks defense. I don't think he knew how tough our defense was until he got negated throughout those two games.

He saw first hand the closest that our team has for one another, from offense to defense they all support each other. If he didn't generally believed that I don't think he would of brought that up.

Once he hears the roaring of the 12s for the first time as a Seahawk, he will be pumped.

The difference between him and Percy was, Vikings knew they had a headcase, Saints are letting go a good teammate. The whole rumor about him being upset at the franchise tag thing and being a cancer was something else, if he was he wouldn't put up the numbers he did last year on a hurt shoulder and foot.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":hx2w7oyv said:
Graham mentioned something about the sideline incident sayings it's his way to motivate him and his teammates. It was football testosterone in the heat of the moment. He was trying to get em all riled up, the problem was you don't riled up the Seahawks defense. I don't think he knew how tough our defense was until he got negated throughout those two games.

He saw first hand the closest that our team has for one another, from offense to defense they all support each other. If he didn't generally believed that I don't think he would of brought that up.

Once he hears the roaring of the 12s for the first time as a Seahawk, he will be pumped.

The difference between him and Percy was, Vikings knew they had a headcase, Saints are letting go a good teammate. The whole rumor about him being upset at the franchise tag thing and being a cancer was something else, if he was he wouldn't put up the numbers he did last year on a hurt shoulder and foot.
Classic example of: "If you can't beat 'em, join them."

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":cx6u4r5f said:
theincrediblesok":cx6u4r5f said:

Classic example of: "If you can't beat 'em, join them."
How so? He was traded.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Yxes1122":1jry5om5 said:
Scottemojo":1jry5om5 said:
...History suggests thinking Graham will do anything close to what he did in a pass happy offense in NO is a pipe dream. Which dramatically affects his value. Pass catchers in Seattle simply do not have the value here they have elsewhere. Unless they make a big change to the offense, which when tried last year was an abysmal failure.

This is exactly where I fall on this trade. Time and time again, Seattle has tried to inject some star receiving power into this offense and time and time again their efforts have failed. It feels like we are treating the symptoms of the issue and not the cause. What is being said about Graham has the same excitement behind it as the hype around Percy. But at this point, when it comes to our passing offense, I'm skeptical that our offense can ever reach a point where it justifies high investment in pass catchers.

I'm not saying that Seattle should stop trying to improve the passing offense. But I don't think getting another big name is the answer. I'm hopeful and believe me when I say I want to see this succeed. And I do believe Graham is a better receiving talent for 2015 than any we'd get in this draft. But history just isn't on this team's side when it comes to pass catchers.

Brock Huard made a great point this morning on 710 ESPN that Jimmy will not be Percy 2.0 because all of his targets and effectiveness will be derived entirely from our base, read-option, play action offense. Graham is a polished route-runner and will either command a double team out of our base formations or post up in the soft spot of zones waiting for a Russell alley-oop as defenses stack the box for Beastmode.

Harvin, on the other hand, could not function as a conventional route-running receiver and had to have gimmick plays like sweeps an screens shoehorned into game plan outside the base offense just to get him his touches. Graham will be a natural, seamless fit into what we already do. Harvin changed what we did so drastically that we had to unload him just to get back on track.

No, Graham will not get the volume of touches he did in NO's offense. But what he does well will be integrated with little effort into our current offensive identity. Comparing the Graham acquisition to the disappointing, high-profile receiver acquisitions of our past seems pointless because - with recent exceptions like Harvin and Rice - we never had a RB like Beastmode or a QB like Russell to pair them with, or a head coach like PC masterminding it all.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":t13sf3ir said:
KiwiHawk":t13sf3ir said:

OH F ME...O FM ME

This does make me feel a lot better about the trade, cost or no. But as DavidSeven said, they said that about Percy too. I don't think that's anywhere close to what will happen here, but surprises do happen.

Everyone was spewing migraine and injury when Harvin was signed. They're actuall skeerd with the Graham signing.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":k9x5d5ry said:
Anyone else feel this trade could be the turning point of Russell's and Drew Brees' career?

Russ takes the next step to becoming elite and Brees towards retirement?

One of the Around the League guys said this on their podcast. IIRC either Wessling or Sessler. They said this is the kind of move that could have Wilson stats move into comparable areas with the top QBs