Maybe if we look at it this way, 49er fans will get it?

Largent80

Reaction score
Cracks me up that we have 9er fans here that are veteran posters. That says a lot about them and also us.

We are pretty f'in sexy.

I would say that about them, but they are from SF...... :bitenails:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":1a5xizrz said:
Cracks me up that we have 9er fans here that are veteran posters. That says a lot about them and also us.

We are pretty f'in sexy.

Yes. I spend too much time here.

Guilty as charged. :D

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Geez I thought it was a great post! All I hear from niner fans is "we got 5 rings how many you got?" This post sums it up. So zip it niner fans! Ha

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
hawker84":22lokyuk said:
Wagon12":22lokyuk said:
Marvin49":22lokyuk said:
ZorntoLargent":22lokyuk said:
The first 37 years of Seattle's franchise doesn't look any worse than the first 37 of the 49ers.
It took us 37 to win the big game, and it took them 35.
Why is it so hard for them to admit?
They have 5 in 67 years, and have ZERO in the last 19.

We have one in the last 19 years.
They have one in the last 24 years.

If we don't have 5 by the year 2043, fine, we suck.

I hope this ends the debate once and for all? :th2thumbs:

The graph shows wins per season, with a SuperBowl being 25 just so it sticks out in the graph.

Not sure what your point is.

You sucked for a long time and are good now? Niners have been around longer and sucked just as long before getting good?

Duh.

That didn't require a graph.

NEWSFLASH: Niners fans will be just as unreasonable as Seahawk fans when looking for new ways to say "your team sucks, my team rules".

I think you are overthinking it just a bit.

Hate to say it, but I agree... Frankly, why do we give a shit what Niners fans think? Do we really need their validation? Are we so insecure? Geeeez.... WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

Lighten up Francis, it's a boring Thursday. Also this is not the Shack...
Lol. I don't care what else is said in this thread, I'm stopping now.

OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
kearly":1y4ea460 said:
So the Seahawks won 25 games last year? You learn something new every day.
You obviously didn't read my entire post. It was done so they stuck out from seasons where the teams won many games but no SB.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
The whole things is BS to me, I am happy to have seen my team win the trophies we won, but the fact that we have more at the present time means nothing in terms of how good the Hawks are or the current 49ers team. I love the rivalry, obviously I'm here on your team forum.

The only thing that bothers me are the new fans on both sides, you know the obnoxious fans dressed head to toe in their teams gear that feels the need to cross the room at a restaurant just to announce to you that he or she is a fan [as if b you couldn't tell from all the gear].

I wear my 49er gear all season long, I see Hawk fans all over, but never feel the need to go up to people I don't even know and start talking crap. I love engaging with other teams fans to talk football especially long time fans, you know the ones that actually know the names of past and present players. I really think TV is ruining the youth of today, there is no more respect. Say what you want about my team, we are the competition, but leave my personal life and family out of it.

Bottom line is its football, it's meant to be fun. Everyone's team has their good and bad days.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3h8jyl9e said:
Largent80":3h8jyl9e said:

We are pretty f'in sexy.

Did we celebrate your 1 year anniversary of Spin? You came on board in the 2013 offseason.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2xwip13o said:
Marvin49":2xwip13o said:
Largent80":2xwip13o said:

We are pretty f'in sexy.

Did we celebrate your 1 year anniversary of Spin? You came on board in the 2013 offseason.

Marv should be known as Marvin49 aka the Spin doctor.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":175s4bpp said:
The whole things is BS to me, I am happy to have seen my team win the trophies we won,

It was long enough ago that even I was happy to have seen them win those championships.

The Niners have never won a Super Bowl I didn't want them to. It was a unforgettable era in that 14 year span. It was a special team that spanned 2 different roster regimes, QBs included, that enjoyed constant dominance over the entire league. Yeah, there were flash in the pan teams (Cowboys 3 out of 4) Giants, even Redskins. But the team with the most consistency at the top was SF.

It was Summerall nearly every game and in the biggest games the Niners would make it look easy most of the time. I know I won't ever forget that amazing run.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":27bk602q said:
lvnginhwktwn":27bk602q said:
The whole things is BS to me, I am happy to have seen my team win the trophies we won,

It was long enough ago that even I was happy to have seen them win those championships.

The Niners have never won a Super Bowl I didn't want them to. It was a unforgettable era in that 14 year span. It was a special team that spanned 2 different roster regimes, QBs included, that enjoyed constant dominance over the entire league. Yeah, there were flash in the pan teams (Cowboys 3 out of 4) Giants, even Redskins. But the team with the most consistency at the top was SF.

It was Summerall nearly every game and in the biggest games the Niners would make it look easy most of the time. I know I won't ever forget that amazing run.

The youth of today will never understand. It's this type thinking loaf that's makes you stand out as the voice of reason here at .net

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2owb5v5f said:
chris98251":2owb5v5f said:
The illusion of 49er greatness is proven, in all actuality the Seahawks over the same early years of a franchise have been better. We are now in a upswing and hopefully in a time of talent as proven as well, just as the 49ers are. We are hitting our Walsh era while you are in a era of Dallas at that time, just a tad below but still good. Kind of how you had The Catch to start youoff we had The Tip.

Illusion?

Only the Steelers and Packers have a better all time win percentage than the Niners, even with how mediocre they were in the 50's, 60's and 70's (sorry Raven fans, not enough games played yet for me).

Add in four Super Bowl wins and we have a ways to go yet before we're on equal footing.

So if you're bragging about us being more mediocre than the niners before winning our first titles, you're REALLY reaching.

If you go back to 49er inception to their first Super Bowl was my reference, It was an attempt to say that they were not always great and took a long time to achieve their ride on top the Mountain, The Catch was the moment they are know for taking the step to their dominance, the Cowboys were good but not quite as good after that. My current reference to our situations except we're in the same division. It also is trying to say hopefully we can continue our top spot for some time and achieve a similar result.

rjas77

Reaction score
Since realignment...what have the 9ers accomplished ?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
rjas77":1era3r96 said:

Comments like this one make you look as bad as 49er fans that can only talk about the 5 rings. And if you have to ask this question, then you are either not much of a football fan or a blind one.

hawker84

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":14ezkeew said:
The whole things is BS to me, I am happy to have seen my team win the trophies we won, but the fact that we have more at the present time means nothing in terms of how good the Hawks are or the current 49ers team. I love the rivalry, obviously I'm here on your team forum.

The only thing that bothers me are the new fans on both sides, you know the obnoxious fans dressed head to toe in their teams gear that feels the need to cross the room at a restaurant just to announce to you that he or she is a fan [as if b you couldn't tell from all the gear].

I wear my 49er gear all season long, I see Hawk fans all over, but never feel the need to go up to people I don't even know and start talking crap. I love engaging with other teams fans to talk football especially long time fans, you know the ones that actually know the names of past and present players. I really think TV is ruining the youth of today, there is no more respect. Say what you want about my team, we are the competition, but leave my personal life and family out of it.

Bottom line is its football, it's meant to be fun. Everyone's team has their good and bad days.

As one of the resident old farts on this board, i love this post. it's about team pride and good ole fashion rivalry hate, but in the end, it's just a game, it has nothing to do with everyday life, and all the stuff that comes with that. You know, the truly important stuff.. just my two pennies.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3sditybh said:
The youth of today will never understand. It's this type thinking loaf that's makes you stand out as the voice of reason here at .net

It didn't matter that I was a Seahawks fan. If you were a football fan of any team not being victimized by that Dyna-Niner team one could only hold admiration for what they accomplished. I have said many times that the 89 team was the best football team that I have ever seen assembled to this day. If they weren't perfect they were the closest thing to perfection to ever take a football field.

Obviously they were amazing offensively, a FF owner's dream. Get a piece of that Niner team, because they were going to score. But what many don't realize is how good they were defensively. I think that statistically they suffered because they blew teams out so badly that the opponent was always in catch up mode, but in the playoffs those Niner teams played serious defense. Turnovers and sacks came in bunches, a death wish for the unsuspecting victim that assumed there would be a shootout.

Yes I joke about them immensely today, sarcasm is at a premium, but you will never hear a peep from me questioning the incredible level those teams played at during that stretch.

They were damn close to being a 9 time championship team simply because like now, the NFC was so strong that which ever team made it took the Lombardi with ease. It was something like from 84-98, when Denver broke the 14 year run of NFC dominance. Just unimaginable.

Alright... enough of that. Back to 2014, in a world where the Niners are human.

BlackSabbath

Reaction score
As a Laker fan, I don't tell Celtics fans that some their championships titles does not count since it was long time ago and they only competed with 17 teams in the 60s and 70s. Lakers have only 16 and we need 2 more to get bragging rights on who's the best organization.

Reality is 17 > 16 and 5>1 . Problem is, some of you guys try to diminish the 5 SB just to justify that you are the better organization.

You guys just won your first SB . Enjoy it, be proud and hope for more. You have a great, young team that can win multiple SB. No need to diminish other teams accomplishments by saying it was ages ago.

Loafoftatpu gets it as usual.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
BlackSabbath":31g1li9s said:
Loafoftatpu gets it as usual.

I don't think a lot of people try to diminish it, it seems like most refer to that period as something that doesn't apply today.

I have read as late as 2013 that the Niners are currently a better team because of what happened back in that Dyna-Niner era.

rjas77

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":16gdxueg said:
rjas77":16gdxueg said:

Comments like this one make you look as bad as 49er fans that can only talk about the 5 rings. And if you have to ask this question, then you are either not much of a football fan or a blind one.
That exactly my point of how irrelevant the when you five Lombardi's then you can talk.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Good grief... What is this? Dallas on Sunday where there were more niner fans than cowboy fans? This is the HAWKS board and therefor LETS GO HAWKS!!!!! SEA------HAWKS!!!!! SEAHAWKS! SEA-HAWKS!!!! I love my HAWKS!