Maye vs Van Dyke

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Anyone watching the game? Currently 0-0

I know Maye is out of the question for our draft pick, but maybe Van Dyke will be. I remember seeing his name on multiple mock drafts before the end of last season.

Chevy

Reaction score
I think we may have good options at QB prospects in the late 1st round. But as of today I don't want to use a 1st round or 2nd round pick on a QB. I believe in Geno and he probably has a longer starting QB shelf life because of not taking hits as a backup QB for a lot of years.

Chevy

Reaction score
Anyone watching the game? Currently 0-0

I know Maye is out of the question for our draft pick, but maybe Van Dyke will be. I remember seeing his name on multiple mock drafts before the end of last season.
Have you lost complete confidence with Geno as our starting QB to use a 1st round pick on a QB to replace him?

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Have you lost complete confidence with Geno as our starting QB to use a 1st round pick on a QB to replace him?
Honest answer? I'd rather the Hawks didn't use a first rounder on a QB, but it's not up to me. However, I have complete trust in John Schneider to pick the next QBotF, and I feel like he will get his guy no matter what. I've mentioned somewhere along these forums that when they signed Geno to his current contract, he probably had someone in mind to draft in 2024 and 2025 in case 2024's draft choice got drafted elsewhere. Geno has done some pretty amazing stuff for the team so I'll give him his props, but (and this might sound harsh, but it's just my opinion) I see Geno as a temporary bridge.

Geno has made quite a bit of magic happen, but the scales of coming in clutch vs falling short is one-sided. This season might just be the midnight hour in which this cinderella story ends.

Last edited:

Rosco

Reaction score
The team didn’t have a lot of confidence either. They Didn’t give him a massive contract. They can cut him at the end of the season without a big cap hit.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bo Nix might get overlooked because he plays on the West Coast, and all eyes will be on Penix.

WarHawks

Reaction score
In my opinion, I think it's long past time we stop screwing around and go get a qbotf if there's one they like. He can sit behind Geno for a year if necessary. We have depth and can afford to trade up.