Mayweather vs McGregor August 26

Crizilla

Reaction score
Actually Mayweather will knock out Mayweather while McGregor punches himself until he knocks out Mayweather again before McGregor McGregor's Mayweather's Mayweather

But only on paper

Chapow

Reaction score
Crizilla":3ny6hgk1 said:
Actually Mayweather will knock out Mayweather while McGregor punches himself until he knocks out Mayweather again before McGregor McGregor's Mayweather's Mayweather

But only on paper

This is the most likely scenario IMO.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LOL oops, I think you guys got what I meant. MAYWEATHER is just so explosive. So fast.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":lnxt0ivi said:
Waste of money like all mayweather fights....

Like most SB's, it's an excuse to get together with friends, eat bad food and get drunk. It's the spectacle that makes these sort of events fun.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think Coner is only used to one quarter of play and not 4.. he was exhausted in the end... Floyd looked still fresh.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":11ol70qk said:
TKO in the 10th ?

I just saw an alert.

Did anybody here watch the fight?

How was it?

Report please :{)

I didnt watch, just following along online. Sounds like Floyd basically sat back to get a read on him for the first 3 rounds. Then completely picked him apart after that until an exhausted Conor basically couldnt go on. ACcording to most it seems at was at least more entertaining then Floyd vs Paquio... which isnt saying much.

LargentFan

Reaction score
The fight was alright. I'm not the biggest boxing fan. McGregor looked decent, but he gassed badly in the 9th and he paid for it in the 10th. Mayweather kept ducking and turning his back during the earlier rounds and it was really annoying. Maybe that's part of boxing, but I am a big MMA fan and that doesn't fly in the octagon. Ref stopped it with McGregor standing. Neither fighter got knocked down.

getnasty

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1udr23tk said:
pmedic920":1udr23tk said:
TKO in the 10th ?

I just saw an alert.

How was it?

I didnt watch, just following along online. Sounds like Floyd basically sat back to get a read on him for the first 3 rounds. Then completely picked him apart after that until an exhausted Conor basically couldnt go on. ACcording to most it seems at was at least more entertaining then Floyd vs Paquio... which isnt saying much.

I watched and this is pretty much what happen, at no point was Floyd even close to being in trouble.

Atradees

Reaction score
Connor did very well but may weather pretty much threw few punches till the fourth. For all I know the whole thing could have been scripted or Mayweather very much outclassed him. Floyd was classy about it said it was part of the plan to wait for connor to be gassed. Connor was tkoed. They stopped the fight. Connor wished he was allowed to fight more.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2kox1axh said:
TKO in the 10th ?

I just saw an alert.

How was it?

Admittedly my boxing knowledge is limited to the first four Rocky movies and video games, but if Mike Tyson's Punch-Out has taught me anything, a TKO comes from knocking a down three times in one round. That sounds exciting.

253hawk

Reaction score
He was completely exhausted and wasn't throwing any punches or defending himself. Even in MMA that's cause for a TKO call. He would have went down in a matter of moments and there was still quite a bit of time left in the round. There's no way he was making it out of the 10th, and he was losing on points anyway.

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4 ... 99f1ce36b5

Atradees

Reaction score
There were some things that would have helped Connor.

He didnt have a defensive clinch. So when he got rocked-his inexperience showed. Connor is a champ and he wanted to keep fighting. He was never knocked down. Mc Gregors counter punching was very good to great. It wasnt sour grapes........he is a gamer. Maybe if he didn't start boxing with one of the best ever boxers.....He can clear 100million on this fight. Good for McGregor.

This fight went 10 rounds. Connor didnt get creamed like many boxing fans hoped. he made a good show of it. The entire fight card was guys fighting and less of the defensive albatross that has turned the boxing fans to the MMA.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty good fight. Of all the Mayweather fights I've seen, this was one of the more entertaining ones. Definitely better than the Pacman fight that is for sure.

I was impressed with McGreor, but Floyd simply had the better plan. Sit back until the middle rounds and then go at Conor when he gets tired.

As a boxing fan I'm glad this fight is over with, so many better matches to look forward to. GGG-Canelo in a few weeks should be great.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1ivfdgrd said:
Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.

Mayweather may have "rope a doped" him a bit ala Ali v Foreman. But McGregor showed well for himself. At the end of the day the best boxer pound for pound ever pounced and won.

Good stoppage. Connor couldn't defend himself anymore.

Over all pretty entertaining. Worth my buddies 100 bucks. lol

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2017":j7pgclot said:

We'll never know but my guess is that if Floyd had wanted to end it in the 1st or 2nd round he could have.