Mayweather vs McGregor August 26

gowazzu02

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2cw59kf1 said:
hawknation2017":2cw59kf1 said:
Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.

We'll never know but my guess is that if Floyd had wanted to end it in the 1st or 2nd round he could have.

I don't think thats the case. That would of been a really poor strategy for Floyd. In order to ko him early he would of had to come out aggressive and potentially opening him up to counter punch. Floyd is not an aggressive fighter. Connor has the power and counter ability.

mrt144

Reaction score
gowazzu02":mk9jnax8 said:
JSeahawks":mk9jnax8 said:
hawknation2017":mk9jnax8 said:
Conditioning determined the fight. McGregor was not used to more than five rounds.

We'll never know but my guess is that if Floyd had wanted to end it in the 1st or 2nd round he could have.

I don't think thats the case. That would of been a really poor strategy for Floyd. In order to ko him early he would of had to come out aggressive and potentially opening him up to counter punch. Floyd is not an aggressive fighter. Connor has the power and counter ability.

The one good uppercut McGregor got in was off a counter. I think Floyd did it exactly right - don't open yourself up to luck and let McGregors inexperience take over and tire him out.