Mazi Smith vs Cam Young

toffee

Reaction score
I was all for drafting Mazi and was surprised that we didn't, instead we drafted Cam Young. I am feeling a lot better with John and Pete's decision now that Mazi is having quickness issues:
The 328-pound nose tackle and first-round pick has worked in training camp to become faster off the line of scrimmage at the snap. On multiple occasions, his slow get-off effectively took him out of a play before it began, limiting his impact in run defense.

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
Rookie interior DL do not often make a big impact because they need to work on mental prep, quickness, or building strength/weight etc. That is why a lot of times they are late to move down the line or are put on skates and moved around with ease while they still learn the NFL speed.

Young and Morris will be eased into NFL play via rotation and that is fine.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Good old Bleacher report already has Bryan Bresee, another first round DT, as a likely bust due to his history of injuries.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I think Nazi will have the early advantage. I anticipate Nazi will start off strong in early September and fade as the winter season rolls in. Scouts say Nazi's strength is his strong first goosestep technique that leaves people thoroughly gassed. I do think once Nazi's opponents figure out the early blitz strategy, he can be neutralized. I'm not a Nazi fan, but I do admit his new uniform is pretty cool.

bileever

Reaction score

nanomoz

Reaction score
I have a feeling this thread is going to keep on giving.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
That guy had bust written all over him, I was hoping we wouldn't take him.
I wasn't sure about him too, but was quite keen on drafting Mazi Smith, he and Kancey, on almost all my mocks.

Happy that I am not the GM lol

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
I wasn't sure about him too, but was quite keen on drafting Mazi Smith, he and Kancey, on almost all my mocks.
Yes, I was high on them, too. Kancey went a pick before our turn, and the problem with Smith was that he wasn't considered a good value at #20. I think we were hoping he would fall to #37. But I'm happy with JSN at 20 and Derick Hall at 37, so hopefully that works out.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Yes, I was high on them, too. Kancey went a pick before our turn, and the problem with Smith was that he wasn't considered a good value at #20. I think we were hoping he would fall to #37. But I'm happy with JSN at 20 and Derick Hall at 37, so hopefully that works out.
We might have taken Kancey if he was there at #20, and Mazi if he was there at 37. All 12s would approve, lol, until Mazi got first step quickness problem and Kancey is injured?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
As one of Germany's favorite teams, I think it's good it was changed.