Mebane out for the year, torn Hammy

ZagHawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":fb19c3by said:
OFF TOPIC but still, Willis is out for year in SF

3 out of their last 7 games are against playoff contenders. 6 of our last 7 are against playoff contenders. They're getting back key players like Smith and Bowman. All our key players are still with the "we'll see" basis.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Not great news with Jamaal Charles and that KC run game on tap.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2st90olq said:
kidhawk":2st90olq said:
pehawk":2st90olq said:
Devastating? Really? If anything the Hawks stoutness vs the run is the one area the Hawks couold give a bit. So with his absence they fall from #1 vs run to what....3 or 4?

I said something similar yesterday. I don't think the fall off will be huge in the run game. I do wonder how it may affect the passing game though. Even though Mebane wasn't a pass rusher, he took on blockers and made offensive lineman have to account for his presence in the middle, which helps open up the edge rushers. With our issues previously in the pass rush, I wonder if we can afford any decrease in pressures? Hopefully they can dial up some more well timed blitz packages to make up the difference there.

Getting Smith and Wags back would allow them to have Bennett rush inside with Irvin and Avril on the ends. Getting the LB's back should help things.

Oh, please note, if any of you panic types want me to panic too, I certainly will. I'm thinking of lighting my hair on fire and running in circles screaming "why god, why, not Mebane!" Lemme know

Agreed, I think we can hold our own here, but it's just an area where there COULD be a drop off. Especially with Smith and Wagner not quite back yet. I don't think a drop off in either the pass defense or run defense is going to hurt our overall defense dramatically, but it will likely take some scheme adjustment to keep things at the status quo. If we need scheme adjustments I have a lot more faith in those coming from our Defensive Coordinator than our Offensive Coordinator.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Mojambo":1p20o1m0 said:
Not great news with Jamaal Charles and that KC run game on tap.

Well Mebane wasn't going to play this week anyway. He was going to be out for at least a couple weeks.

But yeah, I am not feeling optimistic about going into this game without him.

pehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2bzrddfq said:
If we need scheme adjustments I have a lot more faith in those coming from our Defensive Coordinator than our Offensive Coordinator.

Aint that the truth...and agree 100%.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Huge loss. There's no adequate backup on the team for what Mebane brings. Looks like they will be scouring the FA market, etc to find a DT/Nose Tackle that can take on double teams, etc.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/11/11/7194819/brandon-mebane-injury-injured-reserve-seahawks
Danny Kelly Article

n his place, the Seahawks will likely rotate a combination of Jordan Hill, Kevin Williams, Tony McDaniel, and Demarcus Dobbs at the nose tackle spot. Jesse Williams would have been an interesting option in relief but as we know, he suffered a knee injury in camp and was placed on the IR prior to the season. Greg Scruggs, likewise, could have been an option as a nickel nose tackle, but he was placed on the IR two weeks ago with a knee injury. DT D'Anthony Smith was with the team in camp but he is on the IR too. The hits just keep on coming for Seattle.

Seattle is working out DT Michael Brooks today, per reports, who had been with the team the last couple of seasons but got injured in training camp. He's apparently healthy now and could be signed this week if the Seahawks want to add some depth.

:34853_doh: Eff this news! :34853_doh:

mebelly_medium.gif
I'll miss this....

Win one for the Bipper!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":9km4tmv6 said:
Huge loss. There's no adequate backup on the team for what Mebane brings. Look's like they will be scouring the FA market, etc to find a DT/Nose Tackle that can take on double teams, etc.

We may go look for depth, but I doubt they'll find anyone out there right now that is going to be better on that line than the guys we already have right now.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":2vx28g49 said:
pehawk":2vx28g49 said:
kidhawk":2vx28g49 said:
pehawk":2vx28g49 said:
Devastating? Really? If anything the Hawks stoutness vs the run is the one area the Hawks couold give a bit. So with his absence they fall from #1 vs run to what....3 or 4?

I said something similar yesterday. I don't think the fall off will be huge in the run game. I do wonder how it may affect the passing game though. Even though Mebane wasn't a pass rusher, he took on blockers and made offensive lineman have to account for his presence in the middle, which helps open up the edge rushers. With our issues previously in the pass rush, I wonder if we can afford any decrease in pressures? Hopefully they can dial up some more well timed blitz packages to make up the difference there.

Getting Smith and Wags back would allow them to have Bennett rush inside with Irvin and Avril on the ends. Getting the LB's back should help things.

Oh, please note, if any of you panic types want me to panic too, I certainly will. I'm thinking of lighting my hair on fire and running in circles screaming "why god, why, not Mebane!" Lemme know

Agreed, I think we can hold our own here, but it's just an area where there COULD be a drop off. Especially with Smith and Wagner not quite back yet. I don't think a drop off in either the pass defense or run defense is going to hurt our overall defense dramatically, but it will likely take some scheme adjustment to keep things at the status quo. If we need scheme adjustments I have a lot more faith in those coming from our Defensive Coordinator than our Offensive Coordinator.
I assume some of this will happen. They will adjust and I'm thinking the dropoff won't be huge for the run game. It's the pass rush and passing defense I worry about more.

drdiags

Reaction score
Ugly part of the game.

Feel bad for Bane but it is a crap shoot when it comes to guys being able to avoid season ending injuries. The NFL game action goes like this, play commences and ends with the whistle. Cheer or groan with the results. Look for flags, then look for guys laying on the ground needing medical assistance.

pehawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2b2spixd said:
Feel bad for Bane but it is a crap shoot when it comes to guys being able to avoid season ending injuries. The NFL game action goes like this, play commences and ends with the whistle. Cheer or groan with the results. Look for flags, then look for guys laying on the ground needing medical assistance.

Damn that's gloomy.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Still can't believe he is out for the year................my stomach gets quezzy just thinking about it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Another strain type muscle injury. Maybe we should try yoga?