Mebane out for the year, torn Hammy

Vetamur

Reaction score
Well, this is obviously not good. But I'm cautiously optimistic we can deal. 7 games left.. We are about to find how much Williams has left. We brought him in knowing he couldn't be what her once was for a season.. But he hasn't been used much so far and maybe he can the clock back for about half a season.
I think there will be some drop off, but perhaps not as much as we might fear.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3cc8opw2 said:
Another strain type muscle injury. Maybe we should try yoga?

Could you imagine Mebane trying this?
three_new_yoga_poses.jpg

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":idv31iwx said:
Potential replacement for Mebane - Shaun Rogers.....is he still playing or has he retired?

http://www.nfl.com/player/shaunrogers/2504774/profile

You mean this guy?

[urltargetblank]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giant-robbed-500g-worth-jewelry-report-article-1.1299249[/urltargetblank]

The same one who was also out the entire 2012 season with a blood clot in his leg, then was only a starter in 2 games in 2013 and is now out of the league?

I think I'd rather move Staten up from the PS and sign a young guy to replace Staten on the PS

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kidhawk":38hmpa28 said:
hawkfan68":38hmpa28 said:
Potential replacement for Mebane - Shaun Rogers.....is he still playing or has he retired?

http://www.nfl.com/player/shaunrogers/2504774/profile

You mean this guy?

[urltargetblank]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giant-robbed-500g-worth-jewelry-report-article-1.1299249[/urltargetblank]

The same one who was also out the entire 2012 season with a blood clot in his leg, then was only a starter in 2 games in 2013 and is now out of the league?

I think I'd rather move Staten up from the PS and sign a young guy to replace Staten on the PS

Yikes...he had a blood clot in his leg? Wow...may not be doable then.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Something that has been mentioned before, but is worthy of repeating, is we signed Williams in the off season to add depth in this area. He's no Mebane, but he's no slouch either. His signing always seemed like a good idea, but now it seems downright brilliant

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
This is definitely concerning considering especially how Jordan Hill constantly get's blown off the LOS.

We have yet to see Jesse Williams in a regular season game the past two years because of season ending injuries and we're using the hogs up front quite a lot already even without Mebane being out.

Hopefully Wags and Chancellor get back for this game, we're going to need that pursuit and run support now pretty badly.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":2cf2fta6 said:
This is definitely concerning considering especially how Jordan Hill constantly get's blown off the LOS.

We have yet to see Jesse Williams in a regular season game the past two years because of season ending injuries and we're using the hogs up front quite a lot already even without Mebane being out.

Hopefully Wags and Chancellor get back for this game, we're going to need that pursuit and run support now pretty badly.

Don't forget about Kevin Williams. He'll get more snaps with Mebane out, and he's no slouch at the position.

Wags is highly unlikely to play this week. He's scheduled to run on the ground this week for the first time, which means basically they are going to let him run on the field instead of a machine for the first time in his rehab. It's highly doubtful that translates into actually practicing, let alone being active on Sunday, although it's not impossible.

Smith and Chancellor are due to practice this week, so that is a positive.

rideaducati

Reaction score
NEXT
MAN
UP!

This is not the end of the season. The Seahawks are still better than every team left on their schedule.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Damn....Anymore injuries and Russell Wilson will start visiting us on Tuesdays.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sure seems like we used all our injury (or lack thereof) luck last year. But seriously, does it have to made up for it in spades this year?
Gonna miss you 'Bane. Here's hoping K. Williams can step up for the remainder.

jake206

Reaction score
Serious hole in the middle of the DL. Hope others can fill.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Injuries like this are the number one reason SB repeats are incredibly hard to do. This just sucks balls. :pukeface:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rideaducati":19stb6mm said:
NEXT
MAN
UP!

This is not the end of the season. The Seahawks are still better than every team left on their schedule.
Yeah, Arizona is a pushover. Same for the 9ers...and KC is so easy to beat at Arrowhead. R U smoking something?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I believe in Karma, all those that were appauding injuries to the Cards,Rams and 49ers Early this year I hope learned that gloating on others misfortune can come back to bite you.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3b1akdou said:
Well I believe in Karma, all those that were appauding injuries to the Cards,Rams and 49ers Early this year I hope learned that gloating on others misfortune can come back to bite you.

Do you really believe that? Like seriously?

I think most have been respectable, in fact, looking at recent Jake Long, Carson Palmer and Patrick Willis threads I only see classy, respectful posts.