Medical Red Flags

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
There are some good players this year that would be good pick ups but have some medical issues, players that come to mind is Laiatu Latu and Payton Wilson. How long would their careers need to be for them to be worth the pick?

Keep in mind the average career length of a drafted player is 2.5 yrs and 60% of players drafted in the first see a 2nd contract. Rob Gronkowski was thought to have only a 5 yr career due to back issues, Would you rather have a Pro Bowl player for a short time or a average player for 10 yrs?

IMO if the Hawks drafted a player with medical issues I would be good with a 4 yr career anything more than that is icing on the cake

Chawker

Reaction score
You must be talking about major medical issues, all players have pulled a hammy or twisted an ankle, but those are no big deal.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Braden Fiske's name keeps popping up when talking about the worst medicals. But i've not heard any specifics. What's up with him?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Fiske has (?had?) a bulging lumbar disc, which may not amount to much or could be a deal breaker.

OP
OP
Hawkinaz

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Fiske has (?had?) a bulging lumbar disc, which may not amount to much or could be a deal breaker.
After some more research The Seahawks Draft Blog is reporting that Fiske had the bulging disc you you had answered with in addition he had shoulder and elbow surgeries all happened when he was in High School

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Latu is the one I would steer clear of NECK...really after Lockette (although he has bigger issues now!)Avril and Kam no way...if that gets injured again...could be retirement and/or a chair with wheels...

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Regarding Fiske, when I've heard some analyst talk about his medicals checking out really bad, it sounds current, like at the combine. That's what I was wondering about.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
FANTASY: Penix is 30 years old!
REALITY: HE'S 23
Soul - If it all ends up badly for your boy Penix- for instance if he drops into the 2nd or 3rd round - just know that we are here for you! Collectively.

I am creating a list of those willing to PM you if things go badly for Penix. Kind of an outreach program to ensure your mental wellbeing in the event of catastrophe.

1. OstateHawk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, I couldn't care less where he ends up. Whatever team gets him is getting a hell of a QB, and a winner.
I don't take this as seriously as it may seem. I just enjoy pointing out hilarious fake crap that people seem to make up about the guy.
I get the injury concerns, but will never understand how many "experts" spout all the stuff that he "can't do"

Which he absolutely can. People have their favorite players. He was mine. I bleed Purple and Gold and I know what he can do.

Latest posts