Melton to Dallas per his twitter - Update: confirmed

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cowboys killing themselves again.

We all knew once he left town that he wasn't going to sign here.

James in PA

Reaction score
Bring on the mullet! Clayton said that Allen would be better for Seattle than Melton anyway. And as we all know, Clayton is never wrong!

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Didn't they push back/mortgage Romo's contract as well? They are looking at a TON of dead cap space in the future.

Jville

Reaction score
FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports Henry Melton's deal is a one-year contract that turns into a four-year agreement if he's on the Cowboys' roster the first day of the 2015 league year.

Rather creative.

Looking forward to seeing the full details of this contract.

[urltargetblank]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5341/henry-melton[/urltargetblank]

theascension

Reaction score
Man I hope we embarrass them next year. I think I may just dislike the cowgirls more than the steelers. Lynch will bowl over this guy first play I bet.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting deal.

Basically a cheap one year prove it deal with a built in 3 year extension.

We probably would't have been able to pay him what he will make in years 2,3,4 of the contract if they kick in.

OrFan

Reaction score
Dallas did us a favor. We didn't need Meltdown, we have other needs to use cap space on.

norcalhawk

Reaction score
@RapSheet Terms for Henry Melton’s #Cowboys deal: 1st year, $5M. If he’s on roster Day 1 of ’15, 3 years kick at $8M per year, $9M guaranteed for ‘15

@RapSheet What does that mean? If Melton plays like he did in 2012, he’ll have a deal that becomes four years worth $29M with $14M guaranteed by 2015

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Dang, I would have loved to see him brought in on that deal. There's no risk because you pay him $5 million and then you could just let him walk if you don't want to give him the rest of the contract.

Latest posts