Met Steve Hutchinson today..

rjdriver

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

It always trips me out to see O-Lineman after retirement. It really speaks to the living hell they put their body through in pursuit of being in the league.

I wish things would have ended differently in Seattle with Steve. There is zero doubt we beat Chicago in the P/O's and get back to the SB with him on the left side. Great player and absolute mauler.

OP
OP
Seahawkwalt1967

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Whoa... how did you manage to corner him to be able to chat with him? Did you use a poison pill to make it impossible for him to avoid it?
Lol… I told him
I was going to pancake him if he didn’t let me take a picture. Jk I kept my distance and respectfully asked him if if he was Steve Hutchinson then Asked for a picture. He was really nice. Small talk for about a minute or two bc he had to speak. I told him I was jumping up and down, screaming like a girl when they drafted him. He started smiling then.

NoChops

Reaction score
It always trips me out to see O-Lineman after retirement. It really speaks to the living hell they put their body through in pursuit of being in the league.

I recently had a procedure done by USC/Packers OL John Michels. It was a comfort know the guy stabbing a needle into my spine knew a thing or two about pain management. Heck of a nice guy too.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I wish things would have ended differently in Seattle with Steve. There is zero doubt we beat Chicago in the P/O's and get back to the SB with him on the left side. Great player and absolute mauler.
I was just thinking the same thing. Jeff Saturday and Joe Thomas immediately come to mind.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Should of told him this wasn’t a pharmaceutical conference and there wasn’t any poison pills here.

I kid and it probably doesn’t make any sense but I’d say my tolerance of Hutchison is probably more than it is for Russell Wilson.

acer1240

Reaction score
I'm not even close to being ready to forgiving him. What he did was so shitty the NFL had to literally change rules to prevent it from ever happening again. Big Walt restructured his contract at the last moment but Hutch's contract stated he had to be the highest paid lineman at the time the contract was signed. We could and would have matched the offer. It was a sleazy move by him and his agent. He can piss off.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The two of you have about the same height and frame build, but Hutch has better hair on this day. So, was it injuries that kept you out of the NFL, to have been Hutch's OL inspiration? "The knee, the knee, always the knee!" (I think that was a Cosell-ism)

OP
OP
Seahawkwalt1967

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
The two of you have about the same height and frame build, but Hutch has better hair on this day. So, was it injuries that kept you out of the NFL, to have been Hutch's OL inspiration? "The knee, the knee, always the knee!" (I think that was a Cosell-ism)
Lol he has the better hair! My parents didn’t want me to play football so I was stuck w marching band ..🤬

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not even close to being ready to forgiving him. What he did was so shitty the NFL had to literally change rules to prevent it from ever happening again. Big Walt restructured his contract at the last moment but Hutch's contract stated he had to be the highest paid lineman at the time the contract was signed. We could and would have matched the offer. It was a sleazy move by him and his agent. He can piss off.
Wasn't it the GM's fault for letting it get that far in the first place?
All that had to happen was putting the correct tag on or signing
him to a new contract before placing any tag..
Do I have this wrong?

BASF

Reaction score
Wasn't it the GM's fault for letting it get that far in the first place?
All that had to happen was putting the correct tag on or signing
him to a new contract before placing any tag..
Do I have this wrong?
That was certainly the excuse Hutchinson used to justify the poison pill that was in place really damn fast.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Lol he has the better hair! My parents didn’t want me to play football so I was stuck w marching band ..🤬
Well, I just said ON THAT DAY he had the better hair. On any given Sunday... if his stylist calls in sick and you get a slick action green and blue mohawk for gameday, you could prevail...

Good to see Hutch looking well. Damn if he doesn't look like he's ready to audition for what used to be "Bruce Willis" roles in 1990-ish action movies.
When you do it, post the action green Mohawk pic here with a poll of who has the better hair, and you've got my vote!