Michael Bennett on Brock + salk 710 espn (amazing)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yeah, he's funny and he's a good interview but he didn't act very "professional" when he was whining to the media about his contract. Something that Kam has not done (to my knowledge).

I doubt that he showed because he wanted to be professional or because he wanted to support his team. He knew that he wasn't going to get what he wanted so he did what was needed to avoid fines.

Kam seems to be willing to risk losing money to make his point. I hate that he's doing it, but I have respect for a guy that's willing to put his money where his mouth is so to speak. He didn't campaign for more money. He went to the team and kept it between he and the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
netskier":335kftkd said:
I understand and agree. Which is why I conjecture that something else is going, which I speculate about earlier in this thread.

What do you guys think Kam and the Hawks talked about, not wrote about, after friendly fire injured his MCL the last day of practice before the Superbowl? This must have been a very emotional period for all.

Shall he play with his knee injury in the Superbowl? Suppose he aggravates his knee then? Did the hawks say that they would take care of him if that happens.

My theory is speculative, but I have not heard any other theory that makes sense.

Usually the "they lied to me and told me they'd take care of me if I played out the year" only happens from one regime to the next.

Joey Galloway talked about this last week with his holdout in the 90's, that went into like week 10.

But I can't imagine John and Pete telling Kam they'd take care of him if he played hurt, and then not being men of their words. They're the most stand up front office in the entire league, they truly love their players and do everything they can to take care of their own.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Michael Bennett is like the Charles Barkley of football. He says whats on his mind and speaks the truth!

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Part of me thinks Bennett Punk'd Kam into holding out by subtly suggesting he might do the same. Instead, Kam holds out, Bennett reports and proceeds to destroy everyone in sight in pre-season. When next year rolls around and it's time to maybe reward 1 or 2 players significantly outperforming their contract, who do you suppose will get the nod?

Kam's realllllllly damaging his career right now, IMO.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2egpzsqd said:
His rant on QB hits was about the best ever. Priceless.
LOL...Yeah that was too funny. Think he likes Sam Bradford much?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
netskier":1phsyma8 said:
My theory is, to be explicit, is that the hawks said verbally that they would take care of this eventuality, and reneged. Or that Kam mistakenly thought they said that. I think they miscommunicated during these few days, and Kam is sticking to his principles, and ignoring his principals.
The Hawks did take care of him...2 years ago when they "overpaid" for his services

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I think one could make a case that Kam Chancellor is the identity of the Defense just as Marshawn is the identity of the Offense. He is one of the top impact players in the NFL. I try not to have "favorite" players, but the intimidation factor of Chancellor is so very gratifying. The boogeyman finally waved the white flag and retired when he got a load of Kam Chancellor.

JS is a smart guy. They have good relationships with the players. So, I'm remaining optimistic and not going to bash Bam Bam.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Bennett is showing more leadership and professionalism than KamBam currently is, and I respect Bennett more than ever now! Who cares if he complains about his contract and being underpaid, hell, I do that at work, and so do a lot of other people. Reward Bennett, he's doing it the right way by working his tail off and setting a great example for everyone to see.

Holdouts, long or short, are detrimental to everyone. They should be banned from the NFL. [KAM] is all of a sudden pouting and worrying about the future? Really? I don't respect a holdout, especially a fresh contract holdout like his.

Kudos to Bennett!!!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Phoenix":y7umqr34 said:
Bennett is showing more leadership and professionalism than KamBam currently is, and I respect Bennett more than ever now! Who cares if he complains about his contract and being underpaid, hell, I do that at work, and so do a lot of other people. Reward Bennett, he's doing it the right way by working his tail off and setting a great example for everyone to see.

Holdouts, long or short, are detrimental to everyone. They should be banned from the NFL. [KAM] is all of a sudden pouting and worrying about the future? Really? I don't respect a holdout, especially a fresh contract holdout like his.

Kudos to Bennett!!!
Really?
This on NFL.com:
"I'm like a wife that's married to a guy, they have kids, and she can't leave because she loves the kids. I love the kids. Those are my teammates." Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett
- Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett, talking about his tenuous contract situation.

So, is Bennett is bad-mouthing the Seahawks organization, or is NFL.com sensationalizing it? He would leave if not for his teammates? Certainly there's no sensationalizing of Kam going on in the media. Nah, couldn't be.

Phoenix

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":u9caebom said:
Phoenix":u9caebom said:

Kudos to Bennett!!!
Really?
This on NFL.com:
"I'm like a wife that's married to a guy, they have kids, and she can't leave because she loves the kids. I love the kids. Those are my teammates." Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett
- Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett, talking about his tenuous contract situation.

So, is Bennett is bad-mouthing the Seahawks organization, or is NFL.com sensationalizing it? He would leave if not for his teammates? Certainly there's no sensationalizing of Kam going on in the media. Nah, couldn't be.

Come on, let the man blow off some steam. Although I do agree with you that he seemed to have bad mouth the Seahawks front office or perhaps the NFL, they're all grown men and can handle a little relationship dissing here and there. He's performing like a champion and I respect that.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Laloosh":2bfv837r said:
Yeah, he's funny and he's a good interview but he didn't act very "professional" when he was whining to the media about his contract. Something that Kam has not done (to my knowledge).

I doubt that he showed because he wanted to be professional or because he wanted to support his team. He knew that he wasn't going to get what he wanted so he did what was needed to avoid fines.

Kam seems to be willing to risk losing money to make his point. I hate that he's doing it, but I have respect for a guy that's willing to put his money where his mouth is so to speak. He didn't campaign for more money. He went to the team and kept it between he and the team.

Much different to hear him speak as a whole on the subject rather than offseason quotes the media runs with.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Phoenix":3u7s370q said:
TeamoftheCentury":3u7s370q said:
Phoenix":3u7s370q said:

Kudos to Bennett!!!
Really?
This on NFL.com:

Come on, let the man blow off some steam. Although I do agree with you that he seemed to have bad mouth the Seahawks front office or perhaps the NFL, they're all grown men and can handle a little relationship dissing here and there. He's performing like a champion and I respect that.
That's fine. But, Kam hasn't performed like a Champion?

From purely a fan perspective, this business side of the NFL be damned. Kam has been nothing but 1st class to the Seahawks and us fans.

I think Kam could probably handle this in a better way and as a fan there's that part of me that certainly doesn't like it because I don't want it to disrupt the good thing going with the team and the L.O.B. But, I see no dichotomy of Hero and Goat between Bennett and Kam. Sorry everyone, but I think the comparison in this thread is uncalled for and borderline shameful.

Phoenix

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3p8lv7wq said:
Phoenix":3p8lv7wq said:
TeamoftheCentury":3p8lv7wq said:
Phoenix":3p8lv7wq said:

Kudos to Bennett!!!
Really?
This on NFL.com:

That's fine. But, Kam hasn't performed like a Champion?

From purely a fan perspective, this business side of the NFL be damned. Kam has been nothing but 1st class to the Seahawks and us fans.

I think Kam could probably handle this in a better way and as a fan there's that part of me that certainly doesn't like it because I don't want it to disrupt the good thing going with the team and the L.O.B. But, I see no dichotomy of Hero and Goat between Bennett and Kam. Sorry everyone, but I think the comparison in this thread is uncalled for and borderline shameful.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kam and everything he's done for the Seahawks and us fans, but I've never respected holdouts and most likely never will. Especially one on such a fresh contract as Kam's. Are you telling me he didn't think his future through... his financial livelihood through, when he signed his recent blessed contract? And just now he's worrying about the future? Yikes, looks like Kam has made bad decisions in his life financially since he's now so unhappy with everything. Be happy Kam. You're a rich man.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Smellyman":1vhncdlw said:
Much different to hear him speak as a whole on the subject rather than offseason quotes the media runs with.

Has anyone heard Kam speak as a whole on the subject? No, he's not talking to the media about it. Bennett caved so everybody loves him again.

I don't like the Kam hold out and I think he'll regret it but I'm not judging him as a person. By keeping the conversation between himself and the team (not the media), there's nothing to quote/run with except what the team has said to the media.