Michael Bennett on Brock + salk 710 espn (amazing)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2cxa4g4e said:
Honestly at this point I almost wish the front office would rework Bennett's contract and tell Kam to go pound sand. He wants a new deal but not only showed up for work but has busted his @$$ every day; I'd rather reward a guy like that than someone who holds out.

Yup, this is what I have been saying all along. Bennett should be rewarded to send a message to Kam that the Hawks won't even look at his deal unless he shows up and does his job.

themunn

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1qk15q9k said:
Shadowhawk":1qk15q9k said:
Honestly at this point I almost wish the front office would rework Bennett's contract and tell Kam to go pound sand. He wants a new deal but not only showed up for work but has busted his @$$ every day; I'd rather reward a guy like that than someone who holds out.

Yup, this is what I have been saying all along. Bennett should be rewarded to send a message to Kam that the Hawks won't even look at his deal unless he shows up and does his job.

That makes even less sense, then you just have a team full of people who expect to get a bigger contract every year just for turning up?

Kam's is the way to do it.

You either make a decision that you're not going to play football and not get paid for it, or you play football and get paid more for it.
In some ways it might be a bluff (i.e. you never intend to quit playing football), but if you stick to your principles and say "I am not playing a single down unless I get more money for it" then it's a case of "do the team value you as much as you value yourself".

Chancellor is already a rich enough man that he never has to work a single day for the rest of his life, so all credit to him for making the decision that he won't unless he gets what he wants out of it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
netskier":e9zkogkn said:
My theory is, to be explicit, is that the hawks said verbally that they would take care of this eventuality, and reneged. Or that Kam mistakenly thought they said that. I think they miscommunicated during these few days, and Kam is sticking to his principles, and ignoring his principals.

Exactly who did he hear this implied promise from? Since this is a fan's "theory" on what "might have happened"......I'll not comment further.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Could some one with an understanding of how the cap works please explain the difference in how guaranteed and non guaranteed monies are counted against? Thank you in advance.

Cartire

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3i6tljiz said:
Could some one with an understanding of how the cap works please explain the difference in how guaranteed and non guaranteed monies are counted against? Thank you in advance.

Regular cap totals accounts for all contracts for that year and the total amount that will be spent to each one if they play out the season.

Dead Money Cap is money you have to pay no matter what, it includes guarantees and signing bonuses. So even if a player is cut, and team doesnt owe the whole salary for that year, they still owe the dead money.

At least i think so...