Michael Brooks Released/Harvin Activated

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
After Brooks game yesterday I'd be surprised if he cleared waivers. He played great.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
NorthDallas40oz":yek5llrl said:
Smelly McUgly":yek5llrl said:
NorthDallas40oz":yek5llrl said:
Smelly McUgly":yek5llrl said:
Should have cut Hauptmann instead. But that is a minor quibble.
Uhh, no. Hauptmann is our #2 center right now, so unless and until Unger is fully cleared he's not going anywhere. He's also a backup tackle and we still have 2 of them who aren't officially good to go yet either.

You may have a point with the backup center note, but Okung and Breno are pretty much back this week if I have parsed Carroll's coach-speak correctly.
They're simply going to try to practice for the first time in 6+ weeks. That's a far shot from being game ready.

I'm pretty sure that Okung and Breno are already practicing.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... b872ee9a83

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2vssa6xs said:
kidhawk":2vssa6xs said:
Just came through officially from my seahawks app. Now we have to wait and see if he can practice and be active for game day this week

I thought I read somewhere he was already practicing last week and made it through individual drills.

I know he's had workouts and some limited practices, but they have been limiting his practicing as they were bringing him back slowly. I know he's had a little practice time, but not fully practicing. At least that's what I've heard from listening to the pressers each week

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":13o7hrr2 said:
Bigpumpkin":13o7hrr2 said:
Has Brooks seen any play time this Regular Season?
Yes, and played well....just yesterday. Did you not even watch the game?

Had another commitment yesterday....and then my recorder failed me. :evil: However, I will be at the Vikings game this Sunday!

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3i7zt8mz said:

LOL, umm, that wasn't "practicing," that was going through extremely limited and light non-contact paces in helmets and shorts, as all players do when they first return to the practice field from significant injuries. It's tantamount to a 'walk-through.' They're far from game ready.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
NorthDallas40oz":hj4th6qh said:
Smelly McUgly":hj4th6qh said:

LOL, umm, that wasn't "practicing," that was going through extremely limited and light non-contact paces in helmets and shorts, as all players do when they first return to the practice field from significant injuries. It's tantamount to a 'walk-through.' They're far from game ready.

LOL, umm, we'll see. If they play this week, I won't even ask you to admit that you were wrong.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2isowfua said:
NorthDallas40oz":2isowfua said:
Smelly McUgly":2isowfua said:

LOL, umm, we'll see. If they play this week, I won't even ask you to admit that you were wrong.

Smelly is correct, listen to Pete's Monday presser if you disagree.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Good news on the Harvin side of things, would love to see Brooks resigned to the PS if he clears waivers, could be tough now though as he played pretty well yesterday.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Is this actually good news on Harvin? I was under the impression that by rule, we had to activate him or he'd be out for the year. I want good news, but unsure if this announcement gets him any closer to a football field. Can anyone shed some light on this?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkWow":1k6jare1 said:
Is this actually good news on Harvin? I was under the impression that by rule, we had to activate him or he'd be out for the year. I want good news, but unsure if this announcement gets him any closer to a football field. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Yes, he has to be on the roster by rule or out of the season, so his activation doesn't really mean much and is obviously expected. That doesn't mean he's not progressing though, as PC put it in his press conference, Harvin is now in "Phase 3" of his rehab after being in "Phase 2" for whatever that means.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":c3ob6ipk said:

Basically what this means is that the team has opted not to put him on the IR. It's good in the sense that the team believes he's on track to recover and play this season. Which game that will be is still up in the air. Being on the roster though, he'll now have to be listed on the practice reports each wed, thurs & friday so we'll get a little better idea of his progress now

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sounds like the news is better than bad. I do like the part about the injury report. Unsure about the Phases...lol...how many phases are there? I think Pete himself said he didn't know. I'd like no more than 4 phases, going forward. New rule. ; )

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2xkvfo3j said:
We have too many good/promising D-Linemen. Brooks is cut and Schofield can barely get on the field.

I love Clem and Avril, but at least one of them is gone next year. I love Mebane and Bryant, but ditto.

Climb into the way back machine to last January when we did not have nearly enough help in this department to help out When Clem got hurt. It all sort of got thrown on Irvin and it quickly became our number 1 draft/FA priority after Harvin was signed. Will they be so quick to part ways with these guys based purely on Cap hit? I am a huge fan of Clemons and would hate to see him go and I damned sure don't want to face any of these guys next season! We'll see though.

drdiags

Reaction score
I also had heard that Okung and Breno practiced last week. They ran with the backups last week was the convo I heard on KIRO. They are supposed to start practicing with the 1st unit this week, though I am now seeing tweets from reporters about rotating LT, LG and RG due to our new found backup experience. To raise the competition.

I guess we will see what that means. McQ and Carp, Okung and Bowie/Bailey, Sweezy/Bailey? Hell, why not rotate the center as well? I may have seen RT as well, so Breno/Bailey rotation as well? Okung has to come off the IR this week, so the 3rd center, backup tackle dude has to go or some other poor slob. And Browner's health could get another player sent packing. Stupid roster limits makes no sense for the player safety concerned NFL.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
drdiags":30vr2ht1 said:
Stupid roster limits makes no sense for the player safety concerned NFL.

That's a great point, Doc. Hadn't really thought about it that way before.

Never really understood why the league lets you have a certain amount of players on your roster, but a smaller amount active for game day. Pretty silly really.