Michael FREAKING Dickson

jlwaters1

Reaction score
65+ yard punt. I liked what I've seen from him. Can't wait to see the next 2 preseason games.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
jlwaters1":8fhwry2i said:
65+ yard punt. I liked what I've seen from him. Can't wait to see the next 2 preseason games.

It is not that it was a 65 yard punt in the air. It is the fact that he put a 65 yard punt between the numbers and the sideline. That returner never stood a chance.

seabowl

Reaction score
Steve2222":3lcvoxdq said:
Bye Jon. Hopefully you put more effort into your next punting opportunity.

Not sure what you mean. Ryan been a true professional the entire time.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
seabowl":jpc0mnqy said:
Steve2222":jpc0mnqy said:

Yeah, Ryan has been a good punter for us and will have no troubles whatsoever finding a new team to kick for. See no reason to be dissing on him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hope Ryan catches on somewhere. Good dude and a good Punter. Dickson is going to be a beast though. It's crazy how that ball looks coming down. Looking forward to seeing some fumbles recovered by the Hawks on punts this year. Good luck trying to catch those things.

lukerguy

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":si26292d said:
seabowl":si26292d said:
Steve2222":si26292d said:

Other than the time he did this in an NFC Championship game lol.

Giphy

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
:baityes:
pittpnthrs":2yoi68tp said:
seabowl":2yoi68tp said:
Steve2222":2yoi68tp said:

Yeah, Ryan has been a good punter for us and will have no troubles whatsoever finding a new team to kick for. See no reason to be dissing on him.

:baityes:

5280Hawk

Reaction score
In the game commentary, Tirico said that Dickson has 9 (NINE) different types of punts he practices for different situations. :shock:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Knowing very little about this cat, I took a look at that amazing punt he made from our endzone and thought to myself "huh, that kick looks a lot like the way they kick in Aussie rules football". Then I looked him up to find that he's a former Aussie rules footballer.

I see why we spent a 5th rounder on him. That is some leg.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Won't he have placekick holder duties? That could be one role where Ryan is better. Sure it is a skill that could be learned, but still a skill.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":12o3ir3a said:
Won't he have placekick holder duties? That could be one role where Ryan is better. Sure it is a skill that could be learned, but still a skill.

Do you really make roster decisions around who holds?

no4mk1

Reaction score
Does anyone have a GIF of his drop kick on-sides attempt at the end of the game? I missed it. :cry:

Thanks!

253hawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":1cs2kbw8 said:

He held in college, he'll be fine. If Janikowski ends up being the K, Ryan is going to have to learn to hold from the left side anyway.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
253hawk":na6jnffv said:
MrThortan":na6jnffv said:

He held in college, he'll be fine. If Janikowski ends up being the K, Ryan is going to have to learn to hold from the left side anyway.

Or they could use a backup QB as a placeholder... or maybe Chris Carson.. that'd keep defenses on their toes.

VB Hawk

Reaction score
Australian kickers rarely have a long follow thru. The 9-Iron punch was a good analogy, in our game we dont have time.
Trust me , he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve that they will keep until regular season. He will use the "Banana" kick soon and the whole NFL will freak out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only is he going to be a beast, this draft class is going to end up being very good.
Griffin, Dickson, Green, Dissly, Flowers, Penny....all will contribute. And that's not even including Jones, who could end up being very good.