Michael FREAKING Dickson

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27rsbhfz said:
Not only is he going to be a beast, this draft class is going to end up being very good.
Griffin, Dickson, Green, Dissly, Flowers, Penny....all will contribute. And that's not even including Jones, who could end up being very good.

As long as the injury bug stays at bay, I think you're spot on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, fingers crossed. And I might be in the minority, but I think it could end up being one hell of a draft. You can already see that these guys can play.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
VB Hawk":3md9e6gl said:
Australian kickers rarely have a long follow thru. The 9-Iron punch was a good analogy, in our game we dont have time.
Trust me , he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve that they will keep until regular season. He will use the "Banana" kick soon and the whole NFL will freak out.

I had to look this up...wow.

[youtube]-HhQfaLrD6w[/youtube]

Jac

Reaction score
Maybe been posted before, but this reddit thread has a really interesting pre-draft discussion on Dickson.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/8 ... _prospect/

One comment stood out summarizing the damage he did in a game. I mean this kind of production could account for a couple wins per year on its own.

"He's insanely good. This is what he did in the final game of the regular season against Texas Tech:

60 yards, fair caught at the 12
64 yards to the 11 returned for 8 to the 19
54 yards, faight caught at the 12
53 yards to the 3
29 yards to the 8
34 yards to the 1
67 yard Touchback
49 yards, fair caught at the 20
48 yards, fair caught at the 11

Average Punt - 50.9 yards

Average starting field position for opponents - 12.3"

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
The cool thing to me is that his 59-yard punt in the pre-season game came from our own end zone. That's clutch, and it bails out the team when the offense was in big trouble.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2zru60ab said:
The cool thing to me is that his 59-yard punt in the pre-season game came from our own end zone. That's clutch, and it bails out the team when the offense was in big trouble.

The cooler thing for me is it was 59 yards AFTER a 15 yard penalty that was very flimsy at best.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Dickson is the only punter in college history to
win MVP of a bowl game.

He's not planning on losing this job.

cheese22

Reaction score
After they picked Dickson, I was actually hoping they'd go after a kicker in the 7th. When Seattle was at their best, the kicking game was a strength. Getting a good young kicker could have meant they were set there for many years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I thought it was funny how people freaked out about a Punter being picked that high. Only to see a Punter and kicker go later in the same round.