Michael or Rawls

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
PC told Brock and Salk this morning that C-Mike started this week because he had earned it (i.e.: not because he's the better or first choice) and strongly suggested that there will be a different balance come the Rams game.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Yeah, Michael also netted 4.4 yards per carry average, compared to Rawls 2.7. Clearly 2.7 is better than over 4, just ask seymour!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":19nv6lqq said:
Yeah, Michael also netted 4.4 yards per carry average, compared to Rawls 2.7. Clearly 2.7 is better than over 4, just ask seymour!

Pete answered this question just today. Rawls starts this week, and gets more of the work, just as I stated earlier.
Throw those one game stats away, they are meaningless considering the circumstances.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2bgfow5y said:
Bobblehead":2bgfow5y said:
I just really don't understand this running back by committee. I realize that Rawls was hurt and slowly working his way back, but I don't understand why all of a sudden he's in this competition from a running back who has been tossed around from team to team and has only shown skills during one preseason. Is PC really concerned about Rawl's ability to come back to the back he was last year? As much as I have been impressed with CMike's resurgence during training games, I am still much more confident with Rawls running the ball.

The Seahawks are about open competition, not how someone played last year.

This team has Michael Bennett, Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson as some of its best players. If we just looked at where they were drafted or what they had done the previous year as to how they fit into the team then we wouldn't be where we are today.

Not necessarily true. If it was true, there is no way, Collins makes it over Pope.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":2xr6cyhf said:

Michael also still looks like a chicken with his head cut off running directly into lineman and slipping 2-3 times a game cause he can't control his cuts.

Rawls is just flat out a better all around back, AND runs in the physical style Pete likes. No contest for me, I want Rawls in there as much as possible.

Michael is a good change of pace back, but I don't trust him to carry the load over a full season. I just don't.

SeaChat

Reaction score
If you compare Michaels and Rawls stats over the last year, Rawls has by far exceeded Christian in rushing yards. I credit Christian for his all out dedication to the Hawks while Rawls was rehabbing his ankle, but he's back and it will be crystal clear after this next game is over, that they made the right decision putting Rawls back in his rightful position as the starting RB. I know it's unpopular to say that Rawls helped Lynch recognize it was his time to pass his torch to this young gun, whose stats superseded his as well last year unless I am ill informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
As much as I love what Rawls did last year prior to his injury, cmike has just looked so explosive lately. I do hope Rawls is able to return to form soon and look forward to having them both complement each other (along with the occasional spill of fresh legs from AC).

uncle fester

Reaction score
Michael playing as he is and a healthy Rawls would mean a very tiring day for a defense.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well I for one am glad to see Michael is making a better question of this. Rawls has yet to show up and have any impact, so we will have to see once he has a shot at 100% who is 1 and who is 2 but it's a good problem to have!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawkpower":xcx659uz said:
It's almost like CM is overcompensating for his weaknesses when he first came in the league.

Now, he is so focused on running low, hard and straight, 10-12 yards and a fall seems to be his ceiling. But on a positive note we havent seen dancing or fumbles......

I think in order to take his game to the next level, he needs to relax a bit, and find a middle ground. He is capable of breaking off big runs of 30 plus yards if he keeps his head up, while still focusing on ball security and grinding out positive runs.

Rather than start a new thread I'll respond to this post as I think it's right on. Someone in another thread said Michael runs scared, afraid of contact. I disagree with the afraid of contact, but agree he runs scared. I think he's afraid of screwing up. As Hawkpower noted when he gains a bit more confidence he has the possibility to become a very special RB. I was very happy for him and Hawk fans to see him keep his feet on the that first TD. Was a pretty sweet moment and a good game for him to build on.

I start Michael next week and, assuming Rawls is healthy, split the running 60/40. Let the competition begin. What an awesome problem to have.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Michael's still boom-or-bust. Take out the 41-yard TD and you have a pretty pedestrian RB.

Now, of course, you CAN'T just take out that run, because Michael's burst made the safety miss and he deserves credit for it. But Michael is still shedding the Turbin within and so falling short of his potential, so I'd say keep him competing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Montana I still don't agree. He makes plays that most other backs don't make behind our line because of his unique cutback ability which allows him to run away from almost immediate pressure coming at him. We will agree to disagree but he is far from pedestrian.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I go Michael in a pretty easy decision. His explosion allows him some luxuries that other backs just don't have. He's a first down machine and picks up very large chunks of yardage on a regular basis.

When and IF Rawls is fully healthy, I'd still like to see them get a decent mixture, albeit with Michael getting the majority.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
One thing of note is what a ridiculously good pass blocker Michael is. He was taking on SF OLBs on a regular basis and winning outright all day yesterday.

12thbrah

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1vvs8ff5 said:
One thing of note is what a ridiculously good pass blocker Michael is. He was taking on SF OLBs on a regular basis and winning outright all day yesterday.

This. Pass blocking is an overlooked necessity of any RB in this offense and Michael has really improved in this area.

I think Michael has won the job for now. That 41 yard TD run was a thing of beauty. His burst on the next level made the defenders look like they were walking in mud.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Dang - Pete just said on radio that Rawls will be out A FEW WEEKS after what they discovered recently, about the damage to his fibula.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3n16olxq said:
Dang - Pete just said on radio that Rawls will be out A FEW WEEKS after what they discovered recently, about the damage to his fibula.

The problem with this kinda thing is it can end a career. You guys all over Rawls tip, just don't get that A. he was uninjured when he had his glory, B. he was behind a different offensive line, C. C-Mike is vastly improved and was always expected to be better than Rawls, being a second rounder versus the UDFA.

So I just don't get the irrational C-Mike hate. Sure he tends to want to go down easy, but that can be good as it might keep him healthy. He has the talent to be a feature back. Maybe Rawls does too, or maybe that leg is gonna end his career, but to continually harp on that Rawls is so much better, when it was under totally different circumstances is irrational at best and borderline delusional at worst. :roll:

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":3rn7ipbh said:
LeftHandSmoke":3rn7ipbh said:

The problem with this kinda thing is it can end a career. You guys all over Rawls tip, just don't get that A. he was uninjured when he had his glory, B. he was behind a different offensive line, C. C-Mike is vastly improved and was always expected to be better than Rawls, being a second rounder versus the UDFA.

So I just don't get the irrational C-Mike hate. Sure he tends to want to go down easy, but that can be good as it might keep him healthy. He has the talent to be a feature back. Maybe Rawls does too, or maybe that leg is gonna end his career, but to continually harp on that Rawls is so much better, when it was under totally different circumstances is irrational at best and borderline delusional at worst. :roll:

Fans forming an opinion about Rawls based on several starts as it compares to that of Michael, who doesn't have an amazing history here (whether it be last year under different circumstances or not) doesn't seem all that delusional to me.

Honestly don't understand the need for the tone in the post or the eye roll that comes with it.