Michael Silver defends Seahawks Dynasty prospects

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There's an old saying that pertains to this article, "past performance predicts future behavior."

If the past performance of JS and PC continue with finding draft picks and free agents to fill in the holes around the core of this team, then I have no doubt this team can continue to win, and win a lot.

We WILL lose important players to free agency, that's just how the league is now. The key will be to continue to mine the draft and bring in free agents that will perform at a high level........and I have no doubt JS and Pete will do just that.

Phteven

Reaction score
I may be eviscerated for this. I like Lynch and he's a big part of the offense, but he's expendable. You can replace a running back like Lynch. What you can't replace is a QB like Wilson or a WR like Harvin. The entire offense changed just having Percy in the lineup. And if it's a choice between strengthening the OL or keeping Lynch at HB, the OL is way more important. As we saw with Sean Alexander, a strong OL will make a really good RB great. A weak OL and the entire offense is crippled.

Ultimately, we've seen so much turnover the last few years, it's clear that Schneider and Carroll have a very clear idea of what they are looking for on their roster. As long as they are involved, I think the Seahawks are looking at a being very competitive in the toughest division in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Phteven":1w5l78c1 said:
I may be eviscerated for this. I like Lynch and he's a big part of the offense, but he's expendable. You can replace a running back like Lynch. What you can't replace is a QB like Wilson or a WR like Harvin. The entire offense changed just having Percy in the lineup. And if it's a choice between strengthening the OL or keeping Lynch at HB, the OL is way more important. As we saw with Sean Alexander, a strong OL will make a really good RB great. A weak OL and the entire offense is crippled.

Ultimately, we've seen so much turnover the last few years, it's clear that Schneider and Carroll have a very clear idea of what they are looking for on their roster. As long as they are involved, I think the Seahawks are looking at a being very competitive in the toughest division in the NFL.

If you want to have a credible opinion you need to spell Shaun correctly or they will tear you up here.

theascension

Reaction score
Shaun was a good running back but not great imo. Look at his numbers after Hutch was let go. A lot of that was a great O-line.
Lynch is absolutely not expendable, he's one of the 3 most important keys on the team. He had amazing runs with a mostly mediocre o-line all year.
He is everything Carroll needs a RB to be and Turbin isn't it and Christine isn't it yet.
Carroll builds a TEAM that can win on 3 aspects (QB, RB or defense) so that if one part of it is doing poorly the other 2 can compensate, he stated this after the superbowl.
He has at least one more 1,000 yard season in him. I think in 2016 it might be hard not to want to give Michael more of a chance.

Phteven

Reaction score
chris98251":1o55a5xg said:
If you want to have a credible opinion you need to spell Shaun correctly or they will tear you up here.
I'm blaming my intern. :34853_doh:

Phteven

Reaction score
theascension":nl8wlfct said:
Shaun was a good running back but not great imo. Look at his numbers after Hutch was let go. A lot of that was a great O-line.
This was kind of my point. But doesn't a great O-line open up the run game, even with a less than outstanding running back? I guess it just seems to me that investing in a strong offensive line really takes the pressure off of RW and makes the running game more successful whether or not we can keep Lynch. Just my opinion.