Michael Vick a Seahawk?? (Clayton speculation)

White Devil

Reaction score
For the right price, if TJack moves on...he would be a great fit to the system.

Those that can't separate his past from what he could do for the team need to move on. One thing separates Vick from the other scumbags with issues in the league...he actually did his time. He paid for the crime.

I think they're waiting for camp cuts too. I think Tebow could still be an option for this team as well. No, I'm not a Tebow fan, but he fits this system. Winning is all I care about. Whoever the backup QB is going to be, isn't going to make or break the season unless something happens to Russ.

sutz

Reaction score
Given that Russ has become what Vick was supposed to be, the physical matchup seems close, other than Vick's poor passing skills. I don't think Vick will ever be a 'passing' QB in the league. He has tried and the role doesn't seem to fit.

However, Jackson is still not signed IIRC and is not guaranteed to be back. Perhaps this rumor is meant as leverage in that negotiation. From a familiartiarity and knowledge of system standpoint, TJack is a far superior candidate IMHO.

In the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't want Vick on the team. But if John and Pete think they can make it work, why not? It's not like he'll be hard to cut if it comes to that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
White Devil":21625f9v said:
For the right price, if TJack moves on...he would be a great fit to the system.

Those that can't separate his past from what he could do for the team need to move on. One thing separates Vick from the other scumbags with issues in the league...he actually did his time. He paid for the crime.

I think they're waiting for camp cuts too. I think Tebow could still be an option for this team as well. No, I'm not a Tebow fan, but he fits this system. Winning is all I care about. Whoever the backup QB is going to be, isn't going to make or break the season unless something happens to Russ.

No.. Tebow does not fit this team at all.

The Chip Kelly offense is probably the only offense remotely close to the Urban Meyer scheme.. if he doesn't make it there, he will not make it anywhere as a quarterback.

pmedic920

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3skee8y1 said:
pmedic920":3skee8y1 said:
IF we had an emergency AND he was on his couch, I'd be ok with Vick stepping in.

Not Big on the idea of bringing him into camp during off season.
Vick has some skills and I'm sure still has some gas in the tank but I'm not a fan.

In that event, I'd rather have a backup QB who knew the playbook months in advance, than trying to piece it together on the fly.

All this being said, I know some people are going to hate this next comment, Seahawks have been EXTRAORDINARY lucky that Wilson has yet to really get nicked up at all. He's been sacked 86 times the past two years and has barely more than a scratch to show for it.

We do have Tjack and IMHO they only problem with him as our 2nd, is his price tag. Personally I have faith that he could get the job done, as well or better than anybody.
(as a backup)

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Looks like we're playing T-Jack and Vick against each other. Offer both $1.25 million and see who blinks first. T-Jack has the system familiarity, while Vick has a higher ceiler (and lower floor if/when he becomes a turnover machine). Hopefully neither sees meaningful snaps.

byau

Reaction score
You guys remember that the first game he stepped in for Geno Smith was pathetic, and Vick even admitted in the post-game interview that he did not spend time in practice preparing.

He did better the next game after he knew he had to prepare when the pressure was on. Will give him that.

If you look at it though, there was as QB debate for the Jets going into the season and Vick STILL did not prepare himself. If you're going to prepare yourself, a QB debate situation is ideal and he didn't

How well prepared will he be on a team where there is no QB debate?

Not sure I'm on board for Vick

Aren't there one or two nice QBs on Philly that might get let go soon?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Somehow I doubt the team would sign Vick, even if he's available at the price we'd pay. He's certainlathletic enough but not historically careful with the ball, for the team to sign him he'd have to come at the team's price.

I expect that TJack will be back once the market for backup QBs clarifies. I understand the team has made an offer to him but he's hopeful of getting more elsewhere so the waiting dance continues. Time will tell.

There will some interesting cuts around the league as the preseason plays out and perhaps the team is prepared to patiently wait for a particular player or two to spring free or for their team to agree with the Hawks on some late pick type deal.

Patience is needed here, just like on the RW negotiation.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":22670lhq said:
Well, Clayton's theory just went to the dogs.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/608365825788137473[/tweet]

Not really. From his article:

The Seahawks' offers to re-sign Tarvaris Jackson have been too low for the QB's taste so far. You'd think that might open the door for Vick, but the team can't play a Jackson offer against a Vick offer because both quarterbacks are represented by the same agent, Joel Segal. It wouldn't be a surprise if they reach an agreement with Jackson this week, but if not, Vick would remain in play in Seattle.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/608367694518349824[/tweet]
whelp that ended quick.

White Devil

Reaction score
Happy to see TJack resigned...

as for Tebow not being a fit for this system, I beg to differ. No, I don't want to argue about Tebow. I don't care enough. It's a simple statement, and I'm not claiming to be any type of football guru like many on this site. A run first offense with read option as a major staple...is exactly what Tebow does.

hooray TJack is back :th2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
I hope the Garofalo reports are right. Jackson has always been the best option IMHO.