Mike McDaniel should be fired

ivotuk

Reaction score
And Tua needs to retire. It's just not worth it.

I wonder if Tua had concussions in College?

Jahvid Best did, but Detroit still drafted him and he got more concussions. He finally wised up and retired.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I agree, Tua, should retire.

The Miami Dolphins and the NFLPA failed Tua.

Back to back concussions within 4 days of each other is unacceptable especially with video evidence, that the first concussion he suffered, severely impacted Tua’s well-being and was completely ignored and he was allowed to resume play.

This concussion issue is broken and Tua was let down by all parties involved, the Miami Dolphins, the NFLPA, and the NFL in general.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Tua also has a say in his playing. I’m not disagreeing overall but he ran out there to play, right?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He will play...he will get the payday eventually..Hopefully he doesn't blow his head off or kill his family later in life.. football players know the risks..

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tua also has a say in his playing. I’m not disagreeing overall but he ran out there to play, right?
If he was concussed, then he wasn't in the "right mind" to make that decision.

The Dolphins are owned by Stephen Ross. That's all you need to know about the way that franchise is run. It's sad because it's a franchise rich with NFL history. Ross isn't doing them any favors. In his ownership, you had the Incognito-Martin incident, then the Brian Flores thing (tanking), tampering with Tom Brady, and now this. Miami is in the news for all the wrong things of recent.

Last edited:

Donn2390

Reaction score
First it must be proven he had a concussion the first time. The coach, the player, and the medical staff all say he didn't have a head injury the first incident, it was a back problem. If it were proven otherwise, heads should roll.... If he didn't no harm, no foul...

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Of course the fire the doctor..."He made mistakes."

Yeah, like listening to the HC.... Probably asked the doctor to clear Tua.

It was "painfully" obvious on TV after his head hit the ground and he couldn't stand up... Had to be helped up ..

According to the league, you have to "prove is NOT a concussion."

WmHBonney

Reaction score
As stated above, the doctor who was supposedly "independent" has been fired. Who fired him? Who did he work for?

chrispy

Reaction score
Tua doesn't officially and shouldn't have any authority to assess his own capabilities if there is any sign of head trauma-unless he's pulling himself out of the game. Nor does the Coaching staff with the same exception. Any indication of head trauma means he has to pass concussion test. The entire issue is that the injury was qualified as a back/neck injury. Even if it was not head trauma, he showed signs of concussion and, by rule, should not have been allowed back in the game until he passed the concussion test. If it was a head or neck problem and he shook it off, he might have missed a play or two, but there would have been no question after being tested for concussion. Rules were broken- Player is hurt. There should be some real accountability. But...probably will fall on the doc and we'll wait for accountability until next time.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Flag football here we come...players don't have respect anymore. I don't think he had to be taken down that hard. You got him let up a bit?

Big hits get put on highlight reels, that's what people want to see. Somebody lays the wood to Gretzky I guarantee Marty McSorley was getting retribution. But hockey has/had a code, if that was Tom Brady there would have been a brawl.

Take a look at ourselves and what we click on, what we watch on TV, in some ways we are just as guilty as the players, doctors, coaches, nlfpa and anyone else.

I think Eazy E once said
"I throw it in the gutter and go buy another"

Are you not entertained?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
if there actually was safety-first in football, it would cease to exist.

all this virtue signaling going on about who's responsible, please save your f*cking breath. if this wasn't a precious starting quarterback, instead was some 3rd string LBer, nobody would be talking.

QWERTY

Reaction score
No one failed Tua. Not the owner not the coaches not his friends.

Don't put the blame on others, the blame should be all on him.

Are we not forgetting this is the same Tua that has played for Alabama while he was injured?

Saban knew Tua couldn't play that much and wanted to sit his QB out against an easy opponent Mississippi State but Tua wanted to play. So he allowed Tua to play, and was going to sit him when Alabama had an easy lead.

Well Guess what 35-7 and Tua begged Saban to finish the half. And you know what happened. He got injured and he was out.

Tua always wants to play. Everyone is doubting the man, and knows he can't play a full season. They also doubt that he is even a starting QB. Look at all the people talking on sportscenter saying Tua has to prove that he is a starter and they are praising Hurts more than Tua. Tua never made that much money as a pro, he won't give up.

Vesuve

Reaction score
As per ESPN the neurological doctor- consultant for the Dolphins was fired.

He worked for the team.

IMO, the organization is covering it's arse.

Typical. $hameful.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Owners don't care.
You are incorrect, they have a lot of money invested in the team and into the employees. Would you drive your Bentley they way you drive your pickup? They want and need to protect their MILLIONS of dollar investments. Of course they care, A LOT.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
With all the talk about concussions a story I remembered was about Merrill Hodge who was a RB with the Steelers who was involved in a play when he got hit in the head they took him to the sideline and started asking him the standard questions which he was answering correctly until they asked him if he knew what city they were playing in his answer was San Diego they were in Kansas City and was asked why he said San Diego he answered “ because I can hear the ocean” They took his helmet

When I was playing there was never any talk of concussions it was known as getting your bell ring and as a player you never said anything for fear of losing your role. During the course of the season probably happened 1x a week in either a practice or game

I am guessing each time the bell rang was probably a concussion