MInnesota football players boycotting

Uncle Si

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3h3q46l4 said:
If you lower the burden of proof to a preponderance of evidence, it makes it a piece of cake to find people guilty.

No idea what you're trying to say except to make excuses for the players. Maybe take that shtick somewhere else. And again, it's not a court of law. It's odd you keep backing a group of players regarding a despicable event with no evidence to justify that support. But carry on...

In the end, a number of players violated University rules regarding both their athletic contracts and student contracts. Thus, the suspension is warranted until they each have a hearing.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't need evidence to justify that somebody is innocent. It works the other way around. I'm going to assume innocent until there is proof. I'm sorry if other people hold a presumptuous negative view of other people simply because they've been accused. Not a smart idea, but to each their own.

The school did exactly what I said...they don't use beyond a reasonable doubt, they just use a preponderance of evidence to do what they do. If you think that's a good thing, great. I don't, and for good reasons.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1sg9uy6p said:
I don't need evidence to justify that somebody is innocent. It works the other way around. I'm going to assume innocent until there is proof. I'm sorry if other people hold a presumptuous negative view of other people simply because they've been accused. Not a smart idea, but to each their own.

The school did exactly what I said...they don't use beyond a reasonable doubt, they just use a preponderance of evidence to do what they do. If you think that's a good thing, great. I don't, and for good reasons.

What are you even talking about? Can't help yourself, can you.

This is not a criminal investigation. They have not found anyone guilty. They have suspended players until hearings, which is the process the University has in place. They have also suspended players for lying to school and athletic officials. There is not a need for additional proof in that regard. They lied. Further punishment by the school will be at the hearings in which the players will be represented by lawyers.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You're the one who said these players were apparently involved in a crime. That's different than saying they are under investigation for a violation of school rules/athletic contracts.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3qzqgf42 said:
You're the one who said these players were apparently involved in a crime. That's different than saying they are under investigation for a violation of school rules/athletic contracts.

Where? Go back and read my comments and show me where I said the suspensions were because of "crimes." In my 2nd post on the matter "the University has chosen to determine if its athletes have broken their athletic contracts or school and Title 9 rules." I literally repeated this like 3 or 4 times.

The criminal investigation was closed. This is the University undergoing a Title IX investigation started by its EOO. Hell, you can even read their investigation now.

I said earlier this was not the forum for your very well known position on these matters. You aren't really even responding to this event, just trying to reiterate that position for what appears to be the sake of it.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Uncle Si":215z8fhh said:
Some of these players were involved in what appears to be (for fenders sake) a terrible crime.

You even called me out to incite a response out of me. But good to know that everyone's opinion is allowed on this matter except mine. Crabs in a barrel.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2wl6exv4 said:
Uncle Si":2wl6exv4 said:
Some of these players were involved in what appears to be (for fenders sake) a terrible crime.

You even called me out to incite a response out of me. But good to know that everyone's opinion is allowed on this matter except mine. Crabs in a barrel.

It's not a question of opinion. You've ignored the numerous posts indicating what's happening so you can hammer the same point which doesn't even apply here. I "called you out" because that seemed to be your focus. It's not a criminal investigation, and I made that statement 4 or 5 times. You ignored it.

Anyways, we are arguing with each other... when is this game even being played

Crabs in a barrel is great by the way