More disappointed in D

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Gave up 10 points to the previously best offense in the league, in an away game.

And how did they do it? Stuffed the run, pressured the QB, and forced mistakes. Hell, Thomas even *caught* a ball for a change.

I have no issues with them.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Chris beat me to it. The defensive scheme was to hold Gurley in check and dare Goff to beat us on his own.

Hopefully we will pay more attention to Kupp next game.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Had Kupp held on to that game winner, the defense would've been heavily criticized for that final drive

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3sqzmuty said:
Had Kupp held on to that game winner, the defense would've been heavily criticized for that final drive

Or the offense for failing to get a first down on their last two possessions to ice the game. Shoot, even three straight runs on the second to last possession would've given the Rams 40 fewer seconds.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1klcnwio said:
Chris beat me to it. The defensive scheme was to hold Gurley in check and dare Goff to beat us on his own.

Hopefully we will pay more attention to Kupp next game.

Not to mention ET's int was caused by Reed pushing his linemen into Goff. Bullrushing the interior has been a weakness of ours in prior seasons but no longer. SR has played amazing since game one and Reed has only improved and is actually becoming a very good DL. This is great to see.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Got complacent especially on the 3rd and 2 after Earl pick but thats the best this O has played against the Rams in a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Ironic, the Rams DL for the most part manhandled us, yet, it was our DL, who never got much pressure on Goff who stole the game.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Our defense tends to be soft on third and long and allows the opponents convert into first downs. I don't have a good feeling whenever our defense faces third and longs.

sutz

Reaction score
In all fairness, it wasn't all rainbows and unicorn farts. I believe we gave up 7 out of 12 3rd and long plays. Ouch!

Other than that, I thought they stuffed the run well, and came up with the big plays when needed. Overall, great, but I can't give an A+ to a unit that gives up that many 3rd and longs. Scoring D was excellent, could use some work on the mid game. I mean, that last drive by Goff was a real heart stopper.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
getnasty":23jzsoaa said:
The offense has been horrible but with all the resources and money invested in the D they should be way better then they have been.

They just held the highest rated offense in the league to 10 points. They created 5 turnovers. What the hell do you expect?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
From the eye-test, that Rams' OLine looks pretty legit. McVay's scheme, along with Goff and Gurley seem to be getting all the hype, but from the looks of it a lot of the Rams' improvement should be attributed to greatly improved OL play.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Jerhawk":fx2du27y said:

Which would of been rediculous as the offense failed 4 times to close out the game

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The D was outstanding today. Bend but don't break-give up some yards fine but do whatever it takes to prevent them from scoring TDs. That's a high quality NFL performance we saw.

Yes, the way Goff and co drove down the field at the end of the game was disappointing and yes, the Rams would've and perhaps should've won if not for Kupp's drop or the missed FG, but still, the D stepped up in warm weather on the road and figured out ways to slow down that high octane Ram O. No one else has stopped them to any degree excrpt for us.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I was frustrated with how well the Rams moved the ball especially on 3rd and long, all game. However we were able to get turnovers when it counted.

However If the Rams hadn't missed a FG, and then been able to tie it at the end with a FG, and win in OT. Or if Kupp didnt drop that TD pass, the loss would still be on the offense for only getting 16 points off 5 turnovers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yardage, stats etc. mean squat. It's all about points given up. Bend don't break has worked just fine w/this team over the years.

Latest posts