most memorable hawks game

-Pete-

Reaction score
I suppose this is obvious, but the SB loss. And I don't think I'll ever get over the helmet TD.

But as a NYer, this last game was pretty great. Admittedly, I have a pretty short memory, but I've never seen the 12th out in such force here. Just a couple of years ago it felt like there were about 12 of us in the entire stadium.

Now where'd I put my keys...?

seahawksny

Reaction score
I spoke to a steeler fan last week and he even admitted tgaroethlesberger was a full yard short.

He ALSO pointed out that the flea flicker where ward or randle el...(I choose to forget who it was) was past line of scrimmage when ball was thrown. Another call we got screwed on. I never noticed

Mick063

Reaction score
I recall when the rookie 1st round pick, Curt Warner played his first game (in Kansas City). Nothing gets you jacked more than watching a rookie running back take his first regular season hand off and scamper for 60 yards.

Had he remained healthy, he would have been legendary.

Others of note:

*Steve Largent making one of the most devastating tackles I have ever seen after an interception. The huge hit causes a fumble and Largent recovers it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMmQkNT65Do
*John L Williams taking a screen pass 51 yards against the Bills.
*Russell Wilson's second half play against the Redskins in the playoffs.
*Beastmode's "seismic" run against the Saints in the playoffs.
*The crowd and glitter after the Seahawks earned a Super Bowl birth against the Panthers.
*Cortez Kennedy dominating the Broncos on Monday Night Football. Dan Dierdorf couldn't praise him enough.
*Richard Sherman returning a blocked field goal for a score against the Forty Niners. http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 23a1892dcb
*Brandon Browner sealing the edge and stuffing Cam Newton to preserve the lead in 2012.
*Efren Herrera recovering his own onside kick on Monday Night Football, Cosell says, "Jack Patera is teaching the NFL a lesson in innovative football".
* Brian Blades hanging on to a catch despite three players simultaneously blasting him over the middle.
*Rufus Porter terrorizing John Elway in the Kingdome.
*Dan Fouts throwing for 300 yards and a double digit lead in the first half, yet Dave Krieg brings Seattle back, in San Diego, thanks to the deep speed of Darryl Turner.

chevelle03

Reaction score
versus Dallas, 2005. When they pulled that one off I just knew things were going to be different for the Hawks that year.

MizzouHawks

Reaction score
The 1999 Monday Night game against Green Bay made me a Seahawk fan.

The Beast Quake Game for obvious reasons.

Last year @ Chicago, Pats and Falcon comebacks. Russ emerged.

I can't put my finger on it but I remember a game in St. Louis that was back and forth until Brown nailed a LONG field goal as time expired.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
The Outfield":1p71ue6p said:
November 17, 2013. Percy Harvin took the field. I was fortunate enough to see it in person.

Definitely very memorable and a tease if what we will see in the future. I was there too and I remember the kickoff return and didn't realize he was back there until he was about to catch the ball. The whole stadium went nuts when he took off. Can't wait for him to eventually play full time.

warden

Reaction score
Honorable mention, 2005 home game against the Giants

45Hawker

Reaction score
Besides the 2005 NFC Championship/SB games, here's a good one:

December 1995: Seahawks 31, Broncos 27.

MileHigh Stadium: Down 20-0 at one point (and 20-3 at halftime). 3rd qtr - Seahawks blitz Robert Blackman and he just destroys Mr. Ed, forcing a fumble that was returned 80 yards by Antonio Edwards for a TD. (I went frickin mental) That started a 28-7 second-half route of rival Broncos, which made it such a sweet victory. We went to Sea-Tac to see the team return from Denver, signs and all.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199512100den.htm

1983 playoff road-win at Miami was also pretty epic.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
- Beating the Eagles in the Snow @ Philly.

- Romo fumbles.

Other games but those games I was specifically paying attention too.

All of last year lol, the Bills game when Russell ran everywhere.

253hawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":2f86yaof said:
#3 Havent read whole thread yet, so not sure if it was mentioned.....I think it was 84 at Mile High. the FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE. Krieg hit Daryl Turner deep. was at uncles house in Issaquah and my aunt had the flu and was trying to sleep and kept telling us to stop screaming. I think we won on rich karlis miss at end. 27-24. something like that- can anyone confirm this?

#4 Miami in 83' - Ground Chuck riding off into sunset courtesy of Reggie McKenzie shoulders in the swamp. Only detail of game that i remember was that Largent was held catchless until at or around the last drive. Krieg hit him for about 30 yards to set up final TD by I think it was Cullen Bryant. Guys, I was 8, so sorrry if im mistaken. Might have been Warner, but if you put a gun to my head, I think Cullen Bryant #32 scored final TD

#3 - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 250den.htm
Looks like the refs hate us back then, too. 400+ yards for Krieg?! No play-by-play to tell for certain if Karlis missed on the final kick, but he was 1/2 on the day so it's likely.

#4 - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 310mia.htm
Larget only 2 for 56 with a 40 yarder in there. Looks like it was Warner for the go-ahead, but Bryant did have a TD catch right before halftime.

Most memorable was probably the wild card game against Dallas because it was one of the last few that I've attended (and the tix were free!) Traded a few FG's before Dallas got a TD and took the lead going into half. Then we answered with a TD only to have Miles Austin return the kickoff and Dallas had the lead right back, then they tacked on another FG for a 7 point lead. After a stalled drive and punting it away, somehow, Kelly Jennings of all people forces a fumble for a safety, cutting it to 5. Dallas free kicks the ball back with just a few minutes to go and we drive down the field to take the lead with 2 minutes left on a strike from Hass to Mr Hope Solo; 21-20. Two point conversion failed, so now a FG is certain to beat us instead of a worst-case tie. Dallas comes right back, gets stopped on the 1 after we burn up all 3 timeouts. From my seat the FG almost looked like a deliberate fake and I thought Romo was going to walk in but Babineaux comes flying in from behind and just shoestrings him a half second before it's too late. I know the CLink is loud but the sudden hush for that split second when everyone thought he might make it made that explosive uproar sound like nothing else.

#2 moment was Beastquake, but I was watching that on TV. I was so sick and tired of the Saints from the year before when it was KATRINA this and KATRINA that and WHO DAT WHO DAT DURRRRRRRRRRRRR. Freakin' mongoloid fans, you sound developmentally-challenged. Then they had to win the stupid Owl and the unbearableness just multiplied exponentially. Was so awesome to shut their bandwagon down with the run of all runs and cap it off with a jock grab while jumping backwards into the end zone. DARREN SHARPER HOLD MAH D..........

OLYhawks

Reaction score
On tv game: Easily the playoff game against the Saints. I think that was Matt's best game as a Seahawk, and the game set the tone to how we play today.

Live game: 07 Playoff win against the Skins. My gf at the time surprised me with tickets. It easily the most fun I had ever had with her. It was a great win too!

Laloosh

Reaction score
My first game, in the King Dome. Couldn't tell you my age or the year exactly but at the time the most exciting thing for me was winning the pool that a couple of guys seated directly behind us were running as the game played out. Think I won $30 based on the 3rd quarter score...

Was my first and only game until adulthood. Have only attended 3 games since (this Sunday will be my 4th).

On television... 2010 divisional game against NO. Beastmode run. Was so sick of hearing about how we didn't belong in the playoffs as a division winner with a 7-9 record and then BAM!

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
The babineaux int against Dallas back with the '05 squad and JB kicking the game winner. Otherwise that game was a snoozer.

I also will never forget the phantom testeverde TD that helped bring instant replay to the game. Bad memory but still a memory nonetheless.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
For me it's a tie between the '05 Giants game , Josh "no slave to the man" Brown nailing the game winner or The 10' Saints playoff game. I had 25 bucks on the Hawks and I must have downed 100 bucks worth of shots after beast quake.

lsheldon

Reaction score
First game I ever went to. 11/27/1983, 51 to 48 overtime win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1cghfyw3 said:
I'm a younger fan, so for me it'd be the Giants game in 2005 where the giants kept getting penalties for false starts and Feeley had 3 missed FGs

seabowl":1cghfyw3 said:
There are so many but for me the Romo botched snap game was absolutely incredible. Not just that play but the entire game.

Lanakila":1cghfyw3 said:
Packers. Golden Tate. We were hugging strangers and high fiving everyone. Screaming and yelling all the way out of the stadium. We weren't even aware there was any controversy until we were half way home. Plus nine sacks on Aaron Rodgers. Sweet.

These are probably my top three. The NFCCG would be on the short list, as well as the preceding victory over the Redskins.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Outfield":3kuk0udc said:
November 17, 2013. Percy Harvin took the field. I was fortunate enough to see it in person.

Oh, the sarcasm and irony! :lol:

I will have say the 2005 conference championship game. Being a Hawk fan since '76, I was in a state of disbelief. The whole thing was so surreal because we just didn't win big games like that, much less dominate them.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The beast quake game. It felt like there was seismic activity in the bar I was at, and that was in kent.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1ojwgd0b said:
It was a mid-80s game in the Kingdome against the Broncos. My family (ergo me at the time) moved to WA from CO and so were Broncos fans.

The Seahawks won and I just remember how LOUD the crowd was, and how they influenced the game! At the time it really ticked me off but later when I started to embrace my true "home team" the memory just makes me grin.

I was a young 12...I just didn't know it yet.

Me too! That was a wild card playoff in 83. Then they traveled to Miami and beat Marino!

Latest posts