Most receiving yards in first three seasons in Seahawks hist

W

Welshers

What's the angle here, John? Is your point that Russ gained all those yards for them?

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Welshers":xrmqkrir said:
What's the angle here, John? Is your point that Russ gained all those yards for them?

No it's a point that the guy some on here want trade has set the record for most yards in first 3 years. Get grip

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":25x2pje6 said:
Welshers":25x2pje6 said:

No it's a point that the guy some on here want trade has set the record for most yards in first 3 years. Get grip

No one rational is saying they should actively attempt to trade DK just because they want him off the team. It presents a possible issue, though, if he asks for a record-setting contract. That's literally a third of the cap devoted to three players, two of which are wide receivers.

If you can get two first rounders for him and keep that cap free, it becomes an interesting question of which scenario benefits the team more long-term.

I'm not decided on the issue, but lets not pretend it isn't a valid conversation.

James in PA

Reaction score
The most shocking thing for me is that Koren Robinson is 3rd on this list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
Welshers":kyimijk2 said:

John may be hinting Russ looked great because of DK and Lockett.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":hv6gi1lx said:
John63":hv6gi1lx said:
Welshers":hv6gi1lx said:

No one rational is saying they should actively attempt to trade DK just because they want him off the team. It presents a possible issue, though, if he asks for a record-setting contract. That's literally a third of the cap devoted to three players, two of which are wide receivers.

If you can get two first rounders for him and keep that cap free, it becomes an interesting question of which scenario benefits the team more long-term.

I'm not decided on the issue, but lets not pretend it isn't a valid conversation.

This. It's not like DK is bad, but the question is will he be worth his contract and its effect on the salary cap for the team that has more needs. I mean I'm sure Jets fans were losing their minds when they traded off Jamal Adams because he was a star and a safety like no other. However, the GM saw that Jamal Adams was going to require huge money, they had holes to fill, and sure would be nice to get some good trade value while they can. I do struggle with this idea though because I've always wanted the Seahawks to have a STAR physically huge WR and they finally got one in DK metcalf. it's so awesome to watch.

That being said, the offense has never and apparently will never be tailored in a way where it's worth having a WR of DK's talents and eventual contract. Since Pete is here to stay and he has his way he likes the offense. It's not worth keeping DK sadly. Think of it like JG, JG was not a horrible player, he was amazing actually, but he was not a good fit for the team.

I'm starting to think even Aaron Rodgers wouldn't do much better than RW as QB for this Seahawks team. Pete wants his way.