Most Unstoppable Play in Football Is J. Graham iso in the RZ

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2z8ou81j said:
Some of you people seem to forget that Jimmy had a major injury that greatly impeded his ability to perform last season. But even in saying that, he still set franchise reception records a year ago.

Because our line was so porous and Russ was operating on a bad wheel, Jimmy was also tasked to provide some protection, whether that be a chip before going out for a pass or actually attacking a zone in our blocking concept. He struggled somewhat, but as the season wore on, he became quite better in that area and became a more complete player. Many times it was his big downfield block that sprang Douggy for another monster pickup.

I credit Bevell for working with Cable to keep Russ on his feet during that time he was ailing. He leaned on his pocket more while still getting ample results from the passing game. This was an important phase for Russ and our team. It's paying dividends today.

Bevell has known all along what he's had in Jimmy and how he'd eventually use him. I told you that back in September. It just took him up until recently to really make statements because of health and solid adjustments to our line. He's a better, more well-rounded player than he was in New Orleans and for that I tip the ol' hat to Bevell and his staff.

That's like saying my wife learned to like doggie style because she could not lay on her back for a few weeks.