MOTIVATION!!!!

swagcity21

Reaction score
If the front office can make some good moves in the offseason what are the chances this team takes its frustration out on the league next year?

It truly is US against the world. I would love to see our offense just destroy defenses and watch BEASTMODE run over anyone he sees.

and watch the swagger and the ball hawking defense come back.

now its time to really be.... ALL ABOUT THAT ACTION!!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The first action needs to be firing bevel. Tonight. Don't let him fly back on the plane. Let him find his crap on the lawn outside the VMAC tomorrow morning, and not in boxes. How dare he throw the players under the bus for his shitty play call after Pete and Russ both fell on their swords for him?!?

OP
OP
swagcity21

swagcity21

Reaction score
I remember a team in the last decade that faced adversity and what did they do? almost go undefeated....just saying

evergreen

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3b4jre28 said:
The first action needs to be firing bevel. Tonight. Don't let him fly back on the plane. Let him find his crap on the lawn outside the VMAC tomorrow morning, and not in boxes. How dare he throw the players under the bus for his shitty play call after Pete and Russ both fell on their swords for him?!?
I got news for you. We don't operate that way. We have class and care about our team and personnel. Remember what Pete said to Sherman after the NFCCCG last year? We even give rings to people we cut and so on (Percy would've gotten one). If we part ways with Bevel, which would not bother me, it will be with class. You are what you truly are when you lose. Anybody can be charitable when on top. Pete has class and cares about his players and coaches and took the blame for it like he should. Who took out his 2nd best DL? Who let Edelmen play through an obvious concussion to make the game winning catch? 20 years from now when he can still remember stuff, maybe Avril will appreciate it.

Don't worry we have our Magic Johnson. We're gonna be fine. At least when we lose it's to the best QB and coach ever.

hawk45

Reaction score
Geekhawk has it. Motivation (give me strength) isn't an issue for the team. We've been the effing Superbowl 2 years in a row. Firing Bevell on the other hand might just be the extra edge we need to not piss away a game or two we wouldn't otherwise piss away. Including, say, a Superbowl.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Nah...Evergreen has it. Did we trash and toss the defense after the ATL loss two years ago. When they failed to hold ATL for a few second? No. You grow and get stronger.

***this from someone who didn't like the playcall either***

hawk45

Reaction score
lobohawk":1ogjg9h9 said:
Nah...Evergreen has it. Did we trash and toss the defense after the ATL loss two years ago. When they failed to hold ATL for a few second? No. You grow and get stronger.

My objection to that perfectly reasonable point is that Bevell has been under heavy heavy fire before for precisely this type of thing. After being excoriated by media and smacked around probably by Cable, he keeps his too-clever-by-half nature suppressed, but as Pehawk is fond of saying, IT IS WHO HE IS.

The person who might be capable of learning and growing from it is Pete, who has watched this unfold before, failed to perceive it fully, and has now had his own legacy crapped on by permanent ownership from Belichick. I sure hope he does learn, because if not he is more culpable than Bevell. Bevell is just the scorpion here, we knowed he was the scorpion when we agreed to ferry him across the river on our backs.

lobohawk

Reaction score
hawk45":1gnc04yj said:
lobohawk":1gnc04yj said:

My objection to that perfectly reasonable point is that Bevell has been under heavy heavy fire before for precisely this type of thing. After being excoriated by media and smacked around probably by Cable, he keeps his too-clever-by-half nature suppressed, but as Pehawk is fond of saying, IT IS WHO HE IS.

The person who might be capable of learning and growing from it is Pete, who has watched this unfold before, failed to perceive it fully, and has now had his own legacy crapped on by permanent ownership from Belichick. I sure hope he does learn, because if not he is more culpable than Bevell. Bevell is just the scorpion here, we knowed he was the scorpion when we agreed to ferry him across the river on our backs.

I hear ya and am not his biggest fan. Just don't like reactionary responses in situations like this. Seems too armchair manager style and counter to the philosophy of the club. Wouldn't mind if Cable took Bevell behind the woodshed to clear up a few things and get him to step up his game.

OP
OP
swagcity21

swagcity21

Reaction score
hawk45":3iyp4w5h said:
Geekhawk has it. Motivation (give me strength) isn't an issue for the team..

I'm not saying its an issue, I'm saying I hope they use this experience and use it as motivation to catapult them to another platform to play on. Like many have said, a loss like that can go one of two ways... break the team or drive the team. I hope it drives them and motivates them to a third straight super bowl. and I hope they take their hurt and anger out on the league next year.

hawk45

Reaction score
lobohawk":2qt1wusx said:
hawk45":2qt1wusx said:
lobohawk":2qt1wusx said:

I hear ya and am not his biggest fan. Just don't like reactionary responses in situations like this. Seems too armchair manager style and counter to the philosophy of the club. Wouldn't mind if Cable took Bevell behind the woodshed to clear up a few things and get him to step up his game.

I get that lobo and would be okay if this exact thing hadn't happened before with Bevell getting cute and smashed in the press, suppressed his cuteness, only to revert back to it at the worst possible moment.

If it were just this play, totally would be on board.

hawk45

Reaction score
swagcity21":3mkvcr8u said:
hawk45":3mkvcr8u said:
Geekhawk has it. Motivation (give me strength) isn't an issue for the team..

I'm not saying its an issue, I'm saying I hope they use this experience and use it as motivation to catapult them to another platform to play on. Like many have said, a loss like that can go one of two ways... break the team or drive the team. I hope it drives them and motivates them to a third straight super bowl. and I hope they take their hurt and anger out on the league next year.

Fair enough, sorry for the snark man.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Just another chip on our guys' shoulders. I think the Seahawks have some good leaders in the locker room and they will be another year older and wiser next year. They will learn from this loss from the top guy to the bottom one and come back a better team next year.

How to deal with Bevell on the other hand, I don't know. Not looking for a fall guy, but if he stays he needs to change.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'm thinking the "unleash the fury" stuff is fine, but winning in the playoffs is about one thing...health. We were not as fortunate as we were last year at this time.

Tyakack

Reaction score
swagcity21":3o3rfc7f said:
If the front office can make some good moves in the offseason what are the chances this team takes its frustration out on the league next year?

It truly is US against the world. I would love to see our offense just destroy defenses and watch BEASTMODE run over anyone he sees.

and watch the swagger and the ball hawking defense come back.

now its time to really be.... ALL ABOUT THAT ACTION!!

Hey, that was the pats slogan....Get your own!!! ;)

chawx

Reaction score
Over time—in 15 years from now—when first ballot Hall of Famer, Russell Wilson, hangs up the cleats as the winningest QB of all time...we'll look back at Super Bowl 49 as the one that got away. His legacy will have a minor smudge on it and his record will be 6-1 in Super Bowls instead of just 6-0 but, honestly, I'm okay with that. ;)

3elieve