Moving forward with our Wide Receivers.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
McGruff":3koffpxj said:
Thepeelsessions":3koffpxj said:
West TX Hawk":3koffpxj said:
On another note,and this is nothing against the OP, but I'm absolutely sick of the term "Moving forward." It's such a redundant phrase that says nothing and is overused so much in business, in every single workplace and now sports. Everyone and their dog, cat and donkey dead or alive moving backward?? Whatever happened to the simple but clearly illustrative "in the future" or "next" or just state what the hell your concern is? Rant over.
Kind of how I feel about the phrase "chip on his shoulder". It's so ooverused and cliche.
Yeah, I've got a chip on my shoulder about that one too.
Sssss

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Kearse makes the blocks, sets the picks, plays the decoy, consistently presents a target in sandlot time.

Kearse is there to allow Baldwin to be Baldwin, and the moment anyone thinks of doubling Baldwin, or any time the defense fails to respect Kearse as a receiver, he makes them pay with a big one over the top.

It's petty difficult to judge performance on the Seahawks by stats alone. All the guys are asked to do so much more than their position indicates. To be fair, they all do all the things without complaint, so maybe it's not "special" that Kearse does everything, but to have stars you need support players, and Kearse has consistently been a reliable and uncomplaining role-player.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
The Hawks have an intriguing group of receivers, for sure. I really wish John and Pete can find a big, dominating WR in the AJ Green/Mike Evans mold. But that'll never happen.

Outside of the first four (who are overlooked by many) there's definitely intriguing talent in the wings. Can Mcevoy be the next JJ? Can Lawler become a Keenan Allen type (Same measurables, same hand size, same skill set, same college)?

As for Kearse....no matter what, this board will always be split about him. There's gonna be days where he and Russ just click all game long, and he'll explode.There's gonna be days like Sunday where he goes 2-11. In my opinion, he's a classic Seahawk. He's just a no nonsense, blue collar, lunch pail type of guy. And I dig that.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2k0mvg6d said:
The Hawks have an intriguing group of receivers, for sure. I really wish John and Pete can find a big, dominating WR in the AJ Green/Mike Evans mold. But that'll never happen.
Jimmy Graham? Not a WR, but fills the big-body role in the passing game.

blazen2392

Reaction score
IMO Kearse is just a guy. Easily replaceable in this offense.

Doug is our #1 and commands their best DB.
Graham is a mismatch and will likely command double coverage.
Lockett is the speedster ( and to a lesser extent Prich). They command a cushion.

Kearse is just a guy. He is just there to take advantage of the mismatches the other guys present.

I like Kearse. I really do. but for the praise that some of you are showering him with he has also put us in holes on occasion. Two picks against the packers were on him even though he made up for it. He's a good blocker and he hustles. That's why I like him. I would be happier with him being Russels #3 or #4 go to guy, but Russ has developed a chemistry with him that will even cause him to make some ill-advised throws on occasion. I would like to see his targets go down, Graham and Lockett to see the bulk of it.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":33bysw7e said:

Lockett is the speedster ( and to a lesser extent Prich). They command a cushion.

Kearse is just a guy. He is just there to take advantage of the mismatches the other guys present.

I like Kearse. I really do. but for the praise that some of you are showering him with he has also put us in holes on occasion. Two picks against the packers were on him even though he made up for it. He's a good blocker and he hustles. That's why I like him. I would be happier with him being Russels #3 or #4 go to guy, but Russ has developed a chemistry with him that will even cause him to make some ill-advised throws on occasion. I would like to see his targets go down, Graham and Lockett to see the bulk of it.
See the Brock Huard Chalk Talk thread, first video, for an example of what makes Kearse win the value-over-replacement stakes. Without a detectable signal, he, Baldwin, and Wilson were all on the same page to change the play resulting in a big gain, and it only happens when players have the experience playing together that our guys do.

Huard is a knowledgeable analyst and has no agenda for or against Kearse, so I believe him when he says Kearse made that play, even though Baldwin gets the reception.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3crz248o said:
blazen2392":3crz248o said:

See the Brock Huard Chalk Talk thread, first video, for an example of what makes Kearse win the value-over-replacement stakes. Without a detectable signal, he, Baldwin, and Wilson were all on the same page to change the play resulting in a big gain, and it only happens when players have the experience playing together that our guys do.

Huard is a knowledgeable analyst and has no agenda for or against Kearse, so I believe him when he says Kearse made that play, even though Baldwin gets the reception.
As Huard mentioned, Baldwin also credited Kearse for it.