Playoff Game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the message in paraphrase that I sent my daughter when chatting about the game tomorrow…

Make no mistake, this is more than just another game during the regular season. Playoffs have already started for us. Perhaps more poignantly, this very game could end up defining the course of the rest of Pete Carroll’s career.

Jobs are literally on the line. No hyperbole to be found here. It’s a sobering reality that faces this team, this organization, this franchise and ownership moving forward.

Will this team show heart? Guts? Discipline? Execution? Want It More?

All I know is we are all desperate to feel that dopamine release that comes with a Seahawks victory. Damn, I miss that feeling.

Further more, my damn Padron is really lonely in its humidor just begging to be smoked.

I pray I am pulling from its sweet leaves tomorrow night on my porch with two fingers of Blanton’s at my fingertips.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If the Hawks win tomorrow I’ll uncork the Blanton’s and raise a glass with you!

Fine post and many truths. I hope they can pull it out.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I agree 100% with the magnitude of this game. An uninspired loss could be the straw that signals the end of an era. I would expect (or at least hope for) an emotional effort.

My bold prediction. If we win this game, we win out. However, if we lose, I bet we lose in Nashville as well extending the L streak to 6 games.

My biggest fear regardless of how we finish though...

The inability of ownership to realize we can't seriously compete in this division without new leadership.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
This is a big game for a lot of reasons. Especially with the Packers and Vikings losing this weekend, our playoff hopes will virtually double with a win tonight. Our last 3 games are considerably easier than the past 4, so there's a good chance that we could run the table and end up at 10-7.

But a loss turns that up arrow 180 degrees.

More importantly, it will be a clear look into the state of our locker room. There has been a lot of rumors floating around that there's a lot of finger pointing going on, something that you would expect on a team that's lost 4 in a row and 5 of their last 6. If we win, then those rumors can be discounted as just that. If we lose, especially if we lose like we did against the Niners last week, then this team is on a runaway train heading for a washed-out bridge.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I sure hope my gut feeling that we are going to win tonight this past week hasn't been indigestion all along.

If the thoughts and feelings of a fan could affect the outcome of a game it would become a paradox as every team would win every game. Instead, reality dictates nothing I say or do will change whatever happens tonight. It's all up to the players and coaches. All we can do - all we have ever been able to do - is sit back and watch what is either a great movie with a great ending or a train wreck.

Tonight, I won't be ducking out on my boys like I do normally (usually on Sundays when I can switch to RedZone) if poo goes South. I am riding or dying with them, in real time, no matter what. Like a normal playoff game, every play is magnified. Every decision or execution - or lack thereof - weighs mightily on the outcome.

If we win tonight...I sincerely believe we will secure a wildcard spot. Likely win out, even.

If we lose tonight...I think that's likely a wrap since the 5 game losing streak continues into the final 3 games.

LET'S F-ING GO!!!!!!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Taken from MyNorthwest.com today...

Chance

So you're sayin' there's a chance.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Yeah - they still have 3 winnable games to end the season but reading through scenarios, an Eagles win creates a much better chance at the playoffs. Even with a loss it still exists but Rams and Vikings are playing much better than the Hawks, with Rams owning the tiebreaker.

They are also in a horrendous downturn at the moment with plenty of outside noise making its way towards Pete for the first time in his Seahawks career. A win calms the storm, a close loss doesn't help playoff chances but may signal at least the team cares. Another defensive implosion with 35+ points and 500 yards probably starts the pitchforks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I sure hope my gut feeling that we are going to win tonight this past week hasn't been indigestion all along.

If the thoughts and feelings of a fan could affect the outcome of a game it would become a paradox as every team would win every game. Instead, reality dictates nothing I say or do will change whatever happens tonight. It's all up to the players and coaches. All we can do - all we have ever been able to do - is sit back and watch what is either a great movie with a great ending or a train wreck.

Tonight, I won't be ducking out on my boys like I do normally (usually on Sundays when I can switch to RedZone) if poo goes South. I am riding or dying with them, in real time, no matter what. Like a normal playoff game, every play is magnified. Every decision or execution - or lack thereof - weighs mightily on the outcome.

If we win tonight...I sincerely believe we will secure a wildcard spot. Likely win out, even.

If we lose tonight...I think that's likely a wrap since the 5 game losing streak continues into the final 3 games.

LET'S F-ING GO!!!!!!!
Please don't mask swear words...please refer to the site rules..board warning given 😆

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Weird things happen when we play this team. We might get pummeled we might blow them out. I'm leaning towards a continuation of the death spiral.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
It pretty much is a playoff game, because we cannot afford to lose a single game, holding like zero tiebreakers. The weak NFC is no longer an excuse, and there's still too many teams in the hunt to slip up at all. A loss the rest of the way out is pretty much the death of our playoff hopes...