M's Off season, 2017-2018

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":27y3t1hg said:
Is anyone else bummed Emilio Pagan isn't here anymore? He had a really good year last year. I was excited for him this season, and then BOOM! He's gone.
Where did he go?Did Pazos make it?I see that guy is like way up and down on walks/strikeouts but doesn't
seem to give up many hits.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1oo5u43g said:
Projected wins... go

I'll go 81-81 for the M's this season.

AL West is loaded. The pitching isn't there yet to compete. I hate the AL West now that Houston is in it. Not fair to the M's to travel to 2 teams in Texas. AL West should be M's, Angels, A's, D-Backs, and Rangers. 4 of the 5 teams in the AL East are like right next to each other. Lame.

TB and Seattle are the 2 teams that got screwed over in terms of division placement. Of course it's not the main reason these teams haven't been historically great, but they really did get screwed over. MLB needs major changes, IMO. Division realignment, shorten regular season, get rid of Wild Card play-in game (make it a series), add salary cap, etc.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1we96b9o said:
Thepeelsessions":1we96b9o said:
Is anyone else bummed Emilio Pagan isn't here anymore? He had a really good year last year. I was excited for him this season, and then BOOM! He's gone.
Where did he go?Did Pazos make it?I see that guy is like way up and down on walks/strikeouts but doesn't
seem to give up many hits.
Pagan was traded with another minor leaguer to Oakland for Healy. I guess time will tell, but I thought Pagan was quickly becoming a legitimate pitcher out of the pen.

Yep, Pazos is still here, and on the 25 man roster. He's good. He hit a rough patch late last year, but pitched well for most of the season. They just picked up LeBlanc again this week as well. So Pazos, LeBlanc, and "Scrabble" are the lefty relievers. On paper, the pen looks pretty solid.

sutz

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3hcwo4xi said:
I know what you mean. Was a good solid guy you could throw out there and get some outs and seldom gave up a ton of runs. But like the rest of the pen, he got a little overused.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm usually over confident. But I'll go 80-82, and hope to be way off, in a good way :)

On another note, starting a 73 year old MEchiro tonight? Meh

Msfann

Reaction score
I'll go with 77 wins. 5 games under .500 after they make a run from being 10 games under .500. Right out of the Mariners playbook.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anyone know why we play today, have tomorrow off and then play the Indians on Saturday? Seems kind of weird.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me if the team won 70 games or 90 games, not really sure what to expect this season. I'll go ahead and say 83 wins.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Go M's!!!
Might not be many of these..I want them to compete or I shut down earler than the year before.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Let's go!

Tough series vs the Tribe. Need to be competitive in April and may to keep the non die hard fans around. Its a long season but good to be back.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ux0ny2n said:
Anyone know why we play today, have tomorrow off and then play the Indians on Saturday? Seems kind of weird.

They wanna give players more off days is what I read.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1i2cwj26 said:
Hawk-Lock":1i2cwj26 said:

But that logic can't apply here. So Cleveland will just have an off day and stroll around Pike Place Market tomorrow and then get ready to play again on Saturday? This scheduling makes no sense.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Uncle Si":j0ifzsw6 said:
Projected wins... go

No injuries? 85-90. This offense is gonna be scary good. The starting pitching is what is holding me back from saying 90-95.

The offense is very good. Well projected to be a top 5 offense. The bullpen is top 10. Its now about rotation. Is it middle of pack or bottom?

That is what will show us.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3asutw92 said:
Shanegotyou11":3asutw92 said:
Hawk-Lock":3asutw92 said:

But that logic can't apply here. So Cleveland will just have an off day and stroll around Pike Place Market tomorrow and then get ready to play again on Saturday? This scheduling makes no sense.

Says per CBA rules.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":4gtoxj6h said:
It wouldn't shock me if the team won 70 games or 90 games, not really sure what to expect this season. I'll go ahead and say 83 wins.

I agree here.

If no injuries and starting rotation is middle of pack and offense and bullpen is what projected? 85-90 wins.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow M's got some balls bringing the Kings Court back.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Oh nick nick nick... same ol Vincent lol almost gives up a bomb to the warning track, double, single, single. Got out of it but man I don’t know what Servais sees in him