M's Off season, 2017-2018

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
People actually pay attention to spring training? I don't think I can tell you who is doing well and who isn't. I pay zero attention to spring training as it simply doesn't matter.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":30tjv3yu said:
People actually pay attention to spring training? I don't think I can tell you who is doing well and who isn't. I pay zero attention to spring training as it simply doesn't matter.
I've watched a few games. It's entertainment, plus there are some new names on the roster to look at. But, yeah, it doesn't "mean" anything beyond how hard they play and such.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Ok Haniger. Prove to us your .162 BA and .244 OBP is just a pre season thing. I'll eat my words if it is.

(still think they should start Vogelbach)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":3h20mcwx said:
Ok Haniger. Prove to us your .162 BA and .244 OBP is just a pre season thing. I'll eat my words if it is.

He already did, last year. Check up thread, I provided the stats.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8ghocf0e said:
Crizilla":8ghocf0e said:

He already did, last year. Check up thread, I provided the stats.
Yeah, I'm not really worried about Haniger. His biggest question is: Can he survive the season without spending too much time on the DL? Give him some consistent ABs and he'll come around.

Late edit: And as for Voges? I think he may have earned a spot on the 24, but he hasn't really beat out Healy IMO. Healy is a proven vet who looks like a real upgrade at a position where we have been disappointed for many years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was entertaining hearing Felix just OWN Jim Moore. Typical crap from Moore asking Felix if he will be the opening day starter. He has mentioned at least 50 times how it should be Paxson. As usual, he was WRONG, yet again.
Felix starting in game 1. How Moore is on the radio is a huge mystery........

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The already old M's just got older. We added the former all star Jayson Werth. Now we can have all hair outfield with him, Gamel and Motter.

I don't mind the signing, but man are we old.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
If you're a T-Mobile customer make sure you take advantage of the T-Mobile offer of a free MLB TV package that is available only today. Its is really easy to set up.

Edit: After further reading it looks like you have until April 2nd

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1u4syoic said:
It was entertaining hearing Felix just OWN Jim Moore. Typical crap from Moore asking Felix if he will be the opening day starter. He has mentioned at least 50 times how it should be Paxson. As usual, he was WRONG, yet again.
Since Sherm and Bennett are gone looks like Félix is Moore-on’s new target.
I’m sure Moore-on is a terrific brown-noser, he certainly doesn’t have that gig due to talent or being a radio professional.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ljgcdd0 said:
The already old M's just got older. We added the former all star Jayson Werth. Now we can have all hair outfield with him, Gamel and Motter.

I don't mind the signing, but man are we old.
That is with what four players?Ichiro,Cano,Cruz and now Werth..
Three of four will be gone after this year(Talking non pitchers btw)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":38y63n29 said:
SoulfishHawk":38y63n29 said:
I’m sure Moore-on is a terrific brown-noser, he certainly doesn’t have that gig due to talent or being a radio professional.
What would opening day be without King Felix on the mound?
Really the whole opening pitcher thing is silly..
Rotations can always be adjusted through the season..
I mean look at last year ha ha..

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1oyptlsw said:
Sports Hernia":1oyptlsw said:
SoulfishHawk":1oyptlsw said:
What would opening day be without King Felix on the mound?
Really the whole opening pitcher thing is silly..
Rotations can always be adjusted through the season..
I mean look at last year ha ha..
Yeah I agree.

It worked out great for me last year though as the home opener here a week into the season I got to see Paxton make the world champion Astros look like little leaguers, beating them 7-0. 8)

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Is anyone else bummed Emilio Pagan isn't here anymore? He had a really good year last year. I was excited for him this season, and then BOOM! He's gone.