Must draft players

Pie Romania

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":173twld5 said:
cover-2":173twld5 said:
EverydayImRusselin":173twld5 said:
After the last few days I wonder if they would look at someone like Darqueze Denard and maybe trading back to grab him.

I agree that CB has to be a much bigger need going into the draft. Browner may never suit up for the Seahawks again and after WTIII 2nd drug failure may not be offered a contract after the season from the Seahawks.

I think rounds 2-4 would probably make the most sense/value of getting a quality CB. I like Denard as well. His style of play fits the Seahawks, and he is good in man press coverage. I like Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste but I know other aren't as high on him as I am. SJB at 6-3 220 has great size and he is good in man press coverage.

I looked at nfldraftscout.com and they have Denard rated as #63 overall. If we could trade back from our first rd spot and maybe pick up another pick we could grab him with some ease I think. I haven't watched any tape on him, but whenever I watch MSU, he's always jumping off the screen.

Just because someone is projected to go in a certain range doesn't mean they will. You make it sound easier than it is. Sure, you could trade back in an effort to get an extra pick and the player you want, but it's also likely you trade back too far and by the time the pick rolls around, there's no one on the board you like.

The only thing I say definitively is that if we get decent value offers for aging or "replaceable" players, take it. Quantity isn't a big thing for me, but I'd like to be able to make some moves, get a 3rd round pick back along with an additional top 100 pick if possible and without gutting the team, lol. There are quite a few mid to late round prospects I'm really intrigued by as well, so I wouldn't be upset one way or the other. We have relatively few "big" holes, but do have a number of positions that could use some young talent injected into the position. A few highly talented top 100 picks or more quantity in the later 4th to Early/Mid 6th.

Really wish we could convince Gus Bradley to make a deal with the Jags' 2nd and/or 3rd.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
akscoundrel":13j1c7bs said:
Way premature of me as he is only a freshman this year, but cb Vernon Hargreaves III at Florida is a stud. He's already a stud, and his potential is through the roof. Its probably blasphemy for me to say, but I'm talking deion sanders/champ bailey type potential. *Maybe* I'm going to far with that one, but the kid is a stud

Definitely a guy to keep your eye out on during his collegiate career

Hargreaves-int.jpg

Still crushing on this kid. Definitely gonna be worth the first round pick

[youtube]dBLondA79dA[/youtube]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
West Virginia at TCU (Thursday)

Clubs attending: Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Detroit Lions, Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns, Atlanta Falcons, Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans.

Three top players: West Virginia (DB KJ Dillon, RB Wendell Smallwood, CB Daryl Worley); TCU (WR Josh Doctson, QB Trevone Boykin, WR Kolby Listenbee).

Matchup to watch: Doctson's performance against the WVU secondary, particularly Worley, will be a key individual battle in determining the outcome. As for the scouting of the two, Doctson is already projected to go early in the draft. That means Worley has the bigger opportunity.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... sf14755156

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here's my latest first-pick.com Seahawk mock draft. Lookey who fell to the Seahawks in the first round....

Your score is: 7024 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 20: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 20: Josh Harvey-Clemons, SS/OLB, Louisville (A)
Round 5 Pick 20: Trevone Boykin, QB/WR, TCU (A-)
Round 7 Pick 20: D'haquille Williams, WR, Auburn (A+)