Must suck to not be a true fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cboom

Reaction score
I sure hope those of you talking about true fans were at the game yesterday. The fans that may have left early are much better fans than the ones that didn't go at all and sat on a couch.

mikeak

Reaction score
cboom":3nen0sym said:
I sure hope those of you talking about true fans were at the game yesterday. The fans that may have left early are much better fans than the ones that didn't go at all and sat on a couch.

or they have more money........

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sucks that a few people left but the numbers are being overblown a bit, that stadium was still "packed" at the end (excuse the pun).

Of the people who left the only quarter I can give to defend them is that at least a small minority of them are probably very passionate fans who couldn't bear the thought of watching another team win a game this big in our house. I stayed till the very end, but if that had gone the other way, I would have been packed up and headed out right away when the clock ran out because no way was I going to sit and watch another team walk onto our field for the trophy ceremony. No chance in hell.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
cboom":1uwcooob said:

Does this same logic apply to the fans who wore Jets and Giants Jerseys to the Super Bowl last year?

themunn

Reaction score
cboom":26auidab said:

Sorry I really did want to make the 10,000 mile round trip. I wish I could be a better fan

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Hawknballs":yodxlamz said:
Sucks that a few people left but the numbers are being overblown a bit, that stadium was still "packed" at the end (excuse the pun).

Of the people who left the only quarter I can give to defend them is that at least a small minority of them are probably very passionate fans who couldn't bear the thought of watching another team win a game this big in our house. I stayed till the very end, but if that had gone the other way, I would have been packed up and headed out right away when the clock ran out because no way was I going to sit and watch another team walk onto our field for the trophy ceremony. No chance in hell.

i think that this is a justified reason for leaving early. my dad left a Stanley Cup hockey game 7 early...he said he did not want to die seeing the bruins celebrate at home in YVR (at the time is was in the middle chemo - sadly, never saw the seahawks win last year). i too turned off my TV during the same hockey game for the same reason. so i empathize with those that left for this reason. i would say i am pretty passionate towards the canucks....but if turning off my TV does not make me a true fan in someone elses eyes, so be it. i am glad i never saw any of the celebration of the other team.

that said, as another points out, cost alone would have dictated i stay to 00. same with all those broncos fans that stayed in front of us as SB48. hard as phac....

just my 2 cents.

Zybot

Reaction score
I saw some people leaving after the last interception, but not many. The stadium was still pretty full until the end of the game.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1r4bivp0 said:
cboom":1r4bivp0 said:

Does this same logic apply to the fans who wore Jets and Giants Jerseys to the Super Bowl last year?

i think any fan going to the SB can wear any jersey they want at the SB. it is sort of allowed...no?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Let's be honest here.. if every amazing break in the world doesn't go the Seahawks way.. this isn't even a story.

Fans leave early all the time. Seahawk fans just have a bulls eye on their chest now in the same manner Miami Heat fans did.. many people associate our fan base with a bunch of band wagoners now. So when there is the remote opportunity to try and make fun of us, rest assured they will pounce all over it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3uh8zom8 said:
At least most of the fans who left early weren't sponsored and didn't have their tickets paid for by others.

[tweet]ttps://twitter.com/Sea_Hulk/status/557191399997571072[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/Sea_Hulk/status/557191399997571072

And holy hell.. this is bad.

So bad.

Like.. if you left early and paid out of pocket in the upper level that's one thing. To have a f'n kickstarter campaign done so you can get field level seats THEN LEAVE EARLY?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
wasn't the sea hulk in the soup commercials too? you'd think that would have paid for his tickets this year? lol.

Riley12

Reaction score
Zybot":1no6w0sx said:
I saw some people leaving after the last interception, but not many. The stadium was still pretty full until the end of the game.

That was my view of it too. With 65,000 plus people, you'll always have some that vary significantly form the norm.

No one in 133 left and I only saw a few people going down the stairs from the Club section. Nearly all stayed and the story is overblown.

2hawk22

Reaction score
I left early, ive been a fan for 30 years, still have ticket stubs from the 90's when most of you "real fans" couldnt give 2 shits about the Seahawks. If this makes me a bandwagon fan so be it. I couldnt stand the thought of seeing Rogers hoist the Halas trophy on the Seahawk emblem and was close to punching the Packer fans that were screaming and yelling behind me.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
2hawk22":fyv1awnx said:
I left early, ive been a fan for 30 years, still have ticket stubs from the 90's when most of you "real fans" couldnt give 2 shits about the Seahawks. If this makes me a bandwagon fan so be it. I couldnt stand the thought of seeing Rogers hoist the Halas trophy on the Seahawk emblem and was close to punching the Packer fans that were screaming and yelling behind me.

This.

I didn't leave but I could only imagine how different I might have felt if I had had cheese heads around me.

it was bad enough watching the packer special teams players taunt the hawks nest every time they ran into the end zone on a touchback.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
2hawk22":3lm87gr8 said:

yup. that is why my dad left that canucks hockey game early too...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
2hawk22":39cbv7ow said:

what about the real fans who gave 1 and 1/2 shits? HUH?

Status
Not open for further replies.