My draft scenario nightmare I keep having.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":26rcwsje said:
I'm actually a bit down on Lyerla right now. He's got all the skills and athleticism you could possibly want but he kind of seems like one of those kids who was the ultra amazing athlete from the time he could tie his shoes and therefor never really had to work on his craft. I'm actually liking the Ducks other two tight ends better then him right now.

That said, I still think he's going to be a good pro. But he's going to need a coach that will light a fire under his ass to become a true professional, not just an athlete.

He's also got a little bit of Mel Gibson crazy to him off the field, I'm very curious to see how big a deal GMs make out of that come draft time.

cover-2

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3pcpymzp said:
Lokombo is a guy who I thought would take a huge leap forward this year out of the shadow of Kiko Alonso and Michael Clay, but I think he's been outplayed by a couple of our other linebackers Derrick Malone and Tony Washington. He's a good, but not great player who makes WOW plays every once in awhile. I think in the NFL at the very least he'll be a heck of a special teamer because of his athleticism and he'll be a role playing linebacker but I don't know if he'll ever be a star. I'd say probably 3rd round is his ceiling and 5th round his floor. He should do really well at the combine. *fun fact: Lokombo was already a first round pick in the Canadian football league draft (he's Canadian)*

Havili-Heimuli actually got beat out this year and is not starting, but I think that says more about Arik Armstead who beat him out then it does about HH. I'd put our other senior DT Wade Kelikipi right in the same category. They're both capable of getting sacks but its usually after our perimeter players flush the QB into them. They both stuff things pretty well. I would assume they'll both be 5th round or lower type guys. They'll both have careers in the NFL but neither will be a star.

The Ducks best senior d'linemen and the guy who I think will be the best pro is Taylor Hart. 6'6", 287 pound defensive end. He's not a dominant speed pass rusher but was still the Ducks leading sack guy last year I believe. He'll be a really good 3-4 DE in the NFL. I could imagine him doing really well at the REd Bryant position for the Seahawks, and bringing more of a pass rush then Big Red does. NFLdraftscout.com has him listed as a 2nd round guy.

The d'line is definitely the Ducks strength right now. I think they have 6 or 7 guys in their 2-deep who are future NFL players. I wouldn't be surprised if both Armstead and Buckner, who are both true sophomores, will be future first round picks. With Armstead possibly being a top 10 type guy if he continues to develop.

The first guy off the draft board for the Ducks will probably be Ifo EKpre Olumo, the CB. He's almost surely a 1st round pick and would fit right in with the legion of boom, but of course, I really doubt we'll go CB in the 1st round.

Thanks for the insight on Lokombo. For me the most intriguing player on the Ducks is Armstead, but like you said he is only a true sophomore. I like Ifo, but not in the 1st round. He would be a nickel CB on our defense and I personally wouldn't be thrilled about using a 1st on a nickel CB.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Ifo is certainly a first rounder no doubt at all. Seattle doesn't need him, i would be pissed if we took any DB in the first 2 rounds. I wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles take him in the top 15 though. I know they need a Qb, but when you score 30 you should win games. Their DB are seahawk 2008 bad.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3laxrbay said:
New mock draft from Sports Illustrated's .com site.

Sefarian Jenkins to the Ravens at #20

NOOOOOO!!! :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

Subzero717

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1vwgvpra said:
New mock draft from Sports Illustrated's .com site.

He's got Mariota going to Tampa Bay at #3.

Manziel going to the Eagles at #10. Chip and Johnny Football together would be a lot of fun to watch for sure!

Sefarian Jenkins to the Ravens at #20.

Ifo Ekpre Olumu to 49ers at #21.

Lyerla to the Seahawks at #31.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/24/2014-nfl-m ... clowney/3/

I don't mind our pick but some of those are head scratching. Hundley that high for example. Lee that low as well. No I'm not an SC fan.

kearly

Reaction score
Taking Lyerla at #31 just doesn't sit right with me. Taking Lyerla at #32, I could live with that.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":4autug29 said:
I don't mind our pick but some of those are head scratching. Hundley that high for example. Lee that low as well. No I'm not an SC fan.

Pro scouts (or at least Mock drafters) seem to really love Hundley. Most mocks I look at have him going as the 2nd QB after Bridgewater, and most have him going in the top 5.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Huntley and Mariota are far from ready to jump IMHO. I know other duck fans think Marcus is the greatest Qb ever, but honestly he still has issues that won't get worked out on a 3 win team in the NFL. He needs at lest one more year of college ball. He has never had to face adversity, and when pressured he tends to not complete passes.

Subzero717

Reaction score
JSeahawks":p28on7rl said:
CALIHAWK1":p28on7rl said:

Pro scouts (or at least Mock drafters) seem to really love Hundley. Most mocks I look at have him going as the 2nd QB after Bridgewater, and most have him going in the top 5.

I've watched him play a lot. I don't see it yet. He isn't ready just yet. I like Boyd better. Neither are polished.

Marquis Lee is a top ten easy and the best WR in the country. He will suffer due to being on a dreadful team and a noodle armed QB.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Man, with the way the Rams are playing, and the way the Redskins have been playing it looks like they might end up with 2 top ten picks.

Subzero717

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2wbd1wjq said:
Man, with the way the Rams are playing, and the way the Redskins have been playing it looks like they might end up with 2 top ten picks.

We agree.

cover-2

Reaction score
After watching last nights Rams vs 49ers game, the Rams are desperate to have someone play opposite of Janoris Jenkins. Ifo is going to the Rams, Jenkins and Ifo would be one of the better young starting CB's in the NFL.