Myles Murphy & Drew Sanders

12AngryHawks

Reaction score

I hope Murphy is available at #5 and Sanders will still be there by the time Seattle makes their second pick. I think both these guys can help Seattle address the issues with the run defense, and getting to the QB. If these two end up as Seahawks, I'd be a lot more hopeful about the defense next season.

seabowl

Reaction score
No sure on Murphy. Stats only ok and has had motivational issues that were pointed out

Chawker

Reaction score
Everybody thinks the way to fix our defense is to draft a DE.

The way to fix our defense is with drafting a DT, Bryan Bresee to be exact. He is just what this team needs. WAKE UP people !

Ozzy

Reaction score
We need a DT bad but for a dominant run stuffer do we need to use a first on one? Historically can you get a get one a little later? I feel like that’s the case but I may be biased because I want a dominant pass rusher or QB with a top 5 pick

BASF

Reaction score
So much depends on if we keep Hurtt and his bastardized Fangio tree defense (I continue to hope not). Even trying to put together mocks for us, there are too many aspects. I love Sanders as either a MLB or ILB. He could be great at both.

I have liked what I have seen of Murphy, but he would have to gain weight to play on the 3-4 line. Who knows how a 275lb. physical freak responds to be ten to fifteen pounds heavier. Will he be able to gain weight without adversely affecting his quickness?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So much depends on if we keep Hurtt and his bastardized Fangio tree defense (I continue to hope not). Even trying to put together mocks for us, there are too many aspects. I love Sanders as either a MLB or ILB. He could be great at both.

I have liked what I have seen of Murphy, but he would have to gain weight to play on the 3-4 line. Who knows how a 275lb. physical freak responds to be ten to fifteen pounds heavier. Will he be able to gain weight without adversely affecting his quickness?
Then why not just cut to the chase and go get 6'-3' 316 pound Mazi Smith, Power, Speed (upper 4's), Work ethics and Attitude.

BASF

Reaction score
Then why not just cut to the chase and go get 6'-3' 316 pound Mazi Smith, Power, Speed (upper 4's), Work ethics and Attitude?
I have no problem with bringing in both as long as Mazi is selected in the latter half of the second round.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Absolutely love Sanders game. If he tests as an elite athlete I think he goes in the 1st round.

There's something about the big 3 Clemson defensive prospects that seems a bit off and leaves me wanting more. I don't know if I'd necessarily say underachieving or if the "want to" isn't there, but something feels off.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
i'm leaning tyree wilson>myles murphy. tyree can split double teams, has a ridiculous wingspan, more physical, plays the run better than murphy... both need to be coached up, though.

sanders would be a great addition but is a 2nd maybe even early 3rd round guy imo. maybe at pick 38, 51 or 83 if he's still there.

edit: seeing sanders now enter 1st round in some mocks. maybe i'll be wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
12AngryHawks

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
i'm leaning tyree wilson>myles murphy. tyree can split double teams, has a ridiculous wingspan, more physical, plays the run better than murphy... both need to be coached up, though.

sanders would be a great addition but is a 2nd maybe even early 3rd round guy imo. maybe at pick 38, 51 or 83 if he's still there.

I'm not loyal to Murphy, I'm just assuming Carter & Anderson will be gone by then, and Murphy is a popular top 5 pick. Sanders looks REALLY good though.

Considering Seattle has recently drafted a LB from TT in the 1st round, do you think Tyree Wilson is what Jordyn Brooks should've been, or is he a different kind of player?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I'm not loyal to Murphy, I'm just assuming Carter & Anderson will be gone by then, and Murphy is a popular top 5 pick. Sanders looks REALLY good though.

Considering Seattle has recently drafted a LB from TT in the 1st round, do you think Tyree Wilson is what Jordyn Brooks should've been, or is he a different kind of player?
people are down on brooks. he's actually a good backer. i know PFF doesn't have jordyn brooks highly graded these last 2 seasons. but then again, brooks should be a 4-3 mlb. he isn't a guy that fits the 3-4. a 3-4 middle backer absolutely needs to have the size, strength, toughness to defeat blocks and control gaps. brooks isn't that guy. brooks is a quick-twitch speed backer that can clean up with tackles. but he needs the guys in front of him to eat up blockers so he can do his thing. he hasn't had that. he's being misused and abused. brooks could be great in a traditional 4-3 with space eaters in front of him. and now he's gonna miss 2023. ouch.

and tyree wilson is a freak. similar dimensions / athleticism to julius peppers (peppers the better player, for sure). murphy definitely has great athleticism too. he's just "softer" than wilson. and wilson wasn't protected the same way myles murphy was this last season. murphy had 1st round talent around him. not the case with wilson at TT, teams accounted for him. myles murphy wasn't even the best pass rusher on clemson. i do like murphy, he has 10+ sack potential, but his main drawback is vs the run. he just hasn't been setting a strong edge. and that's gonna stand out in tape. that's where i really think wilson>murphy. wilson i think you can move inside on passing downs ala mike bennett to get inside rush going.

Last edited:

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I also prefer Wilson over Murphy especially if he gained 25 lbs and play at DE if the Hawks stay with a 3-4 also agree with how he would get penetration splitting blocks and has a good motor. Good chance I would select Wilson over Carter due to the motor and motivation

IMO I see Murphy as being a good player while Wilson can be great

nwHawk

Reaction score

Brooks size is a downer. Hawks thought they were smart going after a spread offense MLB, I think they got too cute.

Have to kick the tires on Wilson and learn more. Would be unfair to judge him based on Brooks shortcomings.

jlwaters1

Reaction score

I see it the opposite. Wilson has very little “get off” he has little technique to speak of. Myles meanwhile looks like he’s shot out of a cannon. I like them both but I think Myles has more upside , he’s only 20 and will continue to get better.

BASF

Reaction score
Brooks size is a downer. Hawks thought they were smart going after a spread offense MLB, I think they got too cute.

Have to kick the tires on Wilson and learn more. Would be unfair to judge him based on Brooks shortcomings.
Roquan Smith........6'1".....236lbs.
CJ Mosley..............6'2".....234lbs.
Fred Warner...........6'3".....236lbs.
Demario Davis.......6'2".....248lbs.
Bobby Wagner........6'0".....242lbs.
Devin White...........6'0".....237lbs.
Denzel Perryman....5'11"...240lbs.
Darius Leonard.......6'0".....230lbs.

All of them pro bowlers for the past two seasons in Brooks' position.

Jordyn Brooks........6'0".....240lbs.

So, how is Brooks' size a "downer?"

nwHawk

Reaction score
Does Brooks really look like 6’ to you?

5’11” tops! I still maintain he was brought in for a different defense that was intended to stop Kyler Murray and the mobile QBs (Trey Lance, etc…). He’s too small for the scheme they are trying to transition to.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Bobby is 6’ 240 lbs and seems bigger than Brooks in every way.