NCAA's policy on storming the field

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Missouri was fined $100,000 after their win against K-State, if it happens a second time, that fine increases to $250,000, and every time after that the fine will be $500,000. The NCAA increased the fines after last season.

What are your thoughts on this? Overkill? Justified? Will it stop the fans from storming the field after big wins?

KinesProf

Reaction score
When you're young and in school, having a good time drinking and making memories on a college Saturday night with your friends; you're probably not overly concerned if some anonymous poster on a message board thinks it is embarrassing. Life is for living.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When you're young and in school, having a good time drinking and making memories on a college Saturday night with your friends; you're probably not overly concerned if some anonymous poster on a message board thinks it is embarrassing. Life is for living.

True, but when you're a middle aged anonymous message board poster, you're probably not overly concerned if these college kids don't care what you think, either. Message boards are for bitching.

Maulbert

Reaction score
WSU beat Colorado State by 26. The fact that Colorado needed 2nd OT to beat them in and of itself is embarrassing considering the press they've been getting.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
From a liability standpoint, I agree With no storming.

It makes sense, but really just further begs the question of why our laws make certain people liable for things.

For example, if somebody gets trampled, then look at the footage and find every student who stepped on the guy and press charges on them. Instead, they want to look at who "allowed" the storming to take place and go after them instead of who's actually responsible for the injury/death. Then the people in charge and in power of whether or not the filed can be stormed will prevent it from happening in the future.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seems unfair. How are the stadium's ushers and a dozen cops standing around suppose to stop tens of thousands of people from storming the field.

The real problem is kids don't know what constitutes a proper storming. They're just storming after beating run of the mill colleges, and not saving it up for big wins proper like.

KinesProf

Reaction score
WSU beat Colorado State by 26. The fact that Colorado needed 2nd OT to beat them in and of itself is embarrassing considering the press they've been getting.
That's inconsequential when you're in college, have friends, and your school just won a on a Saturday night. You don't look back on those memories and "well actually" the moment because they failed to cover the spread. At that age you're just letting'r rip because you don't have a care in the world.

I will never understand the angle of the non-college aged "Field Storm Police" , aside from assuming that they did not have any friends or fun when they were that age.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seattle PD couldn’t even stop a few thousand people from storming stores in downtown. How can you expect a dozen cops and rent a cops to stop anyone from running onto the field?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
What I am doesn't matter. Even if you think WSU sucks, the fact that they destroyed Colorado State should've made it MORE obvious that Colorado is bad.
The hell are you talking about, dawg? I brought up your alumni status because I was initially confused as to why the Buffs fans storming the field - - after a contentious, tense, EMOTIONALLY CHARGED double OT VICTORY over their in-state rival - - was so shocking or out of the ordinary to you. Or, as you put it, "pathetic and embarrassing"... it just seemed so personal to you. Then it dawned on me why.